Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC

Go down 
+9
rc311
tronos
nientsu
daveaha
sunny
slinger
RegiT
Alan
HH
13 posters
AuthorMessage
HH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
HH

My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC Empty
PostSubject: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:14 am

Anyone heard anything about this at OCC. Who are the coaches there?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi HH,

This is Alan, golf pro attach with My Golf Kaki Academy. There are 5 golf pro with MGK Academy at this moment. The Academy is open now.

With best regards
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Big shoes to fill after GaryEdwin academy has left. What swing the coaches teaching or all coaches just anyhow teach?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:16 pm

how do u know they anyhow teach....... mayb its best to see what they teach before making sweeping comments
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Its a question i asked not a sweeping comment. Note the ? at the end
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:27 pm

my bad, then what would be the right way to teach?
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Dun think there is a right/wrong way. Just wanting to know if they have a swing model or what the academy is about. I thought MGK was a handicap club not an academy. Guess NTUC branching out into new businesses so curious to what this academy all about
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Lets be sensitive here. The pros are just out to make a living and by saying they anyhow teach even with a ? Is not helping. Obviously you wouldnt want some one saying that you anyhow do your work to your bosses or other stakeholders even if they put a ? right?

Alan is a nice guy and had been helping out in the forum by answering questions at his own free time. That alone already shows his passion for golf

daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:59 pm

RegiT wrote:
Dun think there is a right/wrong way. Just wanting to know if they have a swing model or what the academy is about. I thought MGK was a handicap club not an academy. Guess NTUC branching out into new businesses so curious to what this academy all about

To me, your statement is not pleasant to read eventhough your intention may not be malicious.

"Anyhow teach"

If anyone ask you - do you work, or anyhow work. Do you marry a lady, or anyhow marry a girl ?

Be more sensitive in writing what you write on the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:03 am

RegiT wrote:
Big shoes to fill after GaryEdwin academy has left. What swing the coaches teaching or all coaches just anyhow teach?

Wallow. Try telling Jim Furyk that he is swing wrongly......

In the end of the day, if your ball is straight, consistent and far.....you are swinging correctly.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:26 am

so MGK members or NTUC members got discount?
Back to top Go down
rc311
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:17 am

Hi,

hmm.. I guess not every academy have a standard swing model like GE, the right side swing. Maybe he trying to ask how many swing model is available in this new academy, but definately, not anyhow swing. Smile

Btw, I understand that David Ng, the coach with the ex-GE will remains at OCC.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:41 am

I believe what regiT tries to say is do all the coaches teach one style of swing or different coaches will have their own swing to teach.

He learned from GE before so he is used to having all coaches teaching the same swing
Back to top Go down
Alan
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Sunny, Thank you for the kind words, would continue to chip in & help the GR forum which is cherished by so many golfers.

Hi Tronos, The MGK Academy gives discount to MGK members and union members. So feel free to enquire at the Academy office @ OCC driving range or Tel: 64838313

With best regards
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:20 am

sunny wrote:
Lets be sensitive here. The pros are just out to make a living and by saying they anyhow teach even with a ? Is not helping. Obviously you wouldnt want some one saying that you anyhow do your work to your bosses or other stakeholders even if they put a ? right?

Alan is a nice guy and had been helping out in the forum by answering questions at his own free time. That alone already shows his passion for golf

Hey,

I agree & 2nd the motion to what Sunny has mentioned.

Whether you get a USGTF or a local Golf Teacher. It is still ...

#1) How committed you are going to be?

...there are some Newbies who will easily digest & established the "correct swing" while others will take more than 10 sessions

... there are some who learn fast & some who don't... so everything depends on how you wanna commit into becoming what kind of golfer you wanna be...a Sunday Golfer or a "single handicapper?

#2) Establishing "rapport & trust" ...

...I think it is important that you established "rapport" with your teacher & trust his philosophy. You will probably encounter many many ideas & tips etc. from other people. This can cause trouble for you. Becoz it will "confused you what you are going to do etc. specially in the fairway" So at the end of the day, it is important how you will trust your Golf pro that counts.

#3) Choose only One Golf Swing...

Be is Right Side Swing, Stack & Tilt style, Manuel DeLa Torre golf swing etc. etc. You must decide which one suits you.

For me a Good Golf Pro is somone who will "attentively" look at your fault & fix it. There must be no Short Cut's to it.

A golf pro is someone who despite have an incoming SMS or mobile call, will ignore it and just focused on your swing.

A good golf Pro must be able to explain & offer you the necessary tip so that you can be better

.... To tell you honestly, I was a student of a famous Golf Pro in our country. His son was a Rookie of the Year. Anyway, to make my story short. My 3years with him didn't result any good. Becoz he didn't taught me the correct way.

It is until I saw my friend, my golf buddy, who became a Better Player, than me, that I decide It is right time to changed Golf Pro.
After doing so, my handicap drop down to 10.

just my 5 cent idea
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:23 pm

lighten up please people. Just enquiring about the teaching methods of the new academy. Why have to get so defensive. By anyhow, i mean are the coaches all doing their own style or is there a method they use. No offence intended. Going to fairprice now to get some groceries.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:03 pm

RegiT wrote:
... Going to fairprice now to get some groceries.

nice touch

lol!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:49 pm

then dun anyhow write lor.....
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:43 am

I am glad to hear David Ng will still be at OCC.

He's a very nice guy and is very patient with his students--even unruly children.

His golf is good also. He won a trophy in the seniors division of the SPGA President's Cup 2009 last year at Warren CC where the field consisted of Lam Chi Bing, Justin Han, Quincy Quek, Unho Park (who was in my flight during the pro-am event), Shorthitter, Gary Quek and a host of other seasoned local pro golfers.

David Ng was also the pro in my flight many years ago at an OAAG Pro-Am Tournement at Jurong CC and had to tahan an amateur hacker like me and two amateur women golfers!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC   My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC
Page 1 of 1