Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New learner self-intro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jng

New learner self-intro Empty
PostSubject: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi all, I just started learning a few weeks back at Seletar. During the week, I practice at Champions range (Eng Neo).

Have not purchased any clubs yet, as my coach said he would recommend the kind I should get once he has analysed my swing more. Only bought a pair of spike-less shoes, and some apparel so far  lol!

Hope to learn from the seniors here in the future  Smile
Back to top Go down
izzx11
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Welcome to the game
Back to top Go down
jng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jng

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 3:56 pm

izzx11 wrote:
Welcome to the game

Thanks izzx11.

Just wondering, where do most of you purchase golf apparel (polo tee, shorts and pants) locally? Have noted the price is quite expensive. Checked our Golf Direct sale but nothing really good there also. Some of the pro shops have 30-40% discount, but even after discount the polo-tee still ~$60. Have got a few ~$30-$40 sale Adidas polo-tees. I like Adidas and Under Armor brands, but others also ok.
Back to top Go down
izzx11
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 4:04 pm

It all depends, sometimes Isetan also have sales, so do Taka. So u have to keep a lookout for them.

However if u travel to BKK, the golfing clothes are cheaper there i feel. so do take the opportunity to buy some while u are there. Quality wise is relatively good but likely to be unbranded.
Back to top Go down
jng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jng

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks, will keep look out at Taka and Isetan.

I was in Thaniya Plaza (Bangkok) last weekend, and while the selection seems quite wide, most of the stuff is not very current. The original apparel is regular price, if not more than SG price, and alot of fake Under Armor at the outside stalls.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 12:49 am

Wait for adidas expo sale.. Very cheap. Or go to adidas outlets at IMM and novena also quite cheap sometimes.
Back to top Go down
jng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jng

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 2:33 pm

garylin wrote:
Wait for adidas expo sale.. Very cheap. Or go to adidas outlets at IMM and novena also quite cheap sometimes.

Will wait for the expo sales then. Is it usually publicised /  shared here when it occurs?

I was actually at the IMM and Novena outlets over the weekend. Manage to pick up the additional 30% discount for spending above $178 at Novena (at IMM, the threshold is lower at $148 ). Think the ladies Ballerina II shoe is mis-priced, as after $30%, the price was only ~$42!
Back to top Go down
Derekngzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Derekngzy

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:46 pm

ha. Dont have to wear golf apparels to play golf. =p Anyway, if you are looking at cheap options, decathlon will be good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New learner self-intro   New learner self-intro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New learner self-intro
Page 1 of 1