Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity Empty
PostSubject: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Team Titleist,

I recently had the chance to own a Scotty Cameron button back. It has the serial #1856542 on the shaft, located just below the grip. I was wondering how can I verify the authencity of this putter, can you advise pls?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I believe there's a verification link on the scotty cameron webpage.
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Why do you need to verify your putter? scratch
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Noriki wrote:
Why do you need to verify your putter? scratch

Maybe it's because of things like this:

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 pm

i don't think the website allows u to verify based on serial number. unless u had sent your putter in to be certified (ie it comes with a certificate of authenticity). Then and only then can you verify it on the website

I'm sure the titleist staff keeps a record of their serial numbers but honestly, serial numbers these days mean nothing. a counterfeiter can easily get a real serial number and then inscribe it on their fake putters. alternatively, one can just swap the shaft from a real putter - ie fake head with real shaft.

the best way to tell real from fake is by comparing side by side with the real thing. if u don't have access to one for comparison, the only thing is to ask things like where / who u bought it from, how much u paid etc.

finally, u may want to consider posting pictures here so those who are familiar with scottys can spot the obvious tell-tale signs, if any
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity   Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotty Cameron Button Back Authencity
Page 1 of 1