Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Plane Golf Swing

Go down 
+6
Birdman
Tituman
thehacker
pushslice
nientsu
spetnez
10 posters
AuthorMessage
spetnez
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spetnez

One Plane Golf Swing Empty
PostSubject: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

I am confuse on this one plane golf swing, saw online advertisement on this (www.oneplanegolfswing.com). What is the difference between a one plane and a two plane; not sure I am which.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:45 pm

When u are on a one plane swing, you hands, at the top of your swing, is lower than your shoulders. If you are on a 2 plane swing, your arms at the top of your swing is above your shoulders.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 pm

on youtube, find down the line videos of Matt Kuchar and Zach Johnson. They are supposed to be one planers. Compare them with Colin Montgomery and Jack Nicklaus, most commonly referred example of two planers. You'll see the difference.
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 pm

The most clearcut tell tale sign of a one plane swing (aka OPS), is the angle formed by the left arm is same as the angle formed by the shoulders at the top of the swing. Anything else is considered a 2 plane swing(aka 2PS).

But of course that is over simplification of the whole concept. There are hybrids, i.e. people who has a slight difference in arm / shoulder plane, but uses very OPS method to get to the top of the swing. However for some reason, using 2PS methods to arrive at a OPS top of the swing doesn't work well.

The originator (I think it's Jim Hardy) advocate that there should never be any mix and match of methods between OPS and 2PS. There are in fact certain elements of OPS & 2PS that mix well enough together, and some that don't.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Wah.... no wonder I forever will remained as a SB. Never bothered about this plane thingy. Just see ball, hit ball. And certain Sifu from time past taught me to HIT HARD LOOK UP! and I am still following that advice. With this advice, at least I am hitting over 120m. Without it, I was hitting over 70/80 m affraid
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Tituman wrote:
Wah.... no wonder I forever will remained as a SB. Never bothered about this plane thingy. Just see ball, hit ball. And certain Sifu from time past taught me to HIT HARD LOOK UP! and I am still following that advice. With this advice, at least I am hitting over 120m. Without it, I was hitting over 70/80 m affraid

Your spider web can shoot further! ROFL
Back to top Go down
spetnez
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spetnez

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks guys. It helps. Would video myself and see whether I am a one plane or 2 plane.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi guys, I'm a one-planer. Started out as a 2 planer with lessons from a golf pro, but found out about 1 plane online, tried it out on my own and have not turned back since. My game has become more consistent but I feel it's time to find a proper coach in order to improve.

Anyone know of any reputable coaches in Spore that teach 1 plane swing?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 am

Not sure he is RST, i do know he is 1-plane using Moe Norman Techniques. If this is what you want then I know of one, his name is Craig but he is away until Feb.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks very much Khorkar but I'm not into the Moe Norman one plane swing. A bit too extreme for me. I'm looking more for the Jim Hardy / Matt Kuchar type of one plane swing.

Anyone else knows of coaches who teach the one plane swing?

Thanks all
Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:47 am

this 1 plane / 2 plane making me confuse too.
but the video helps... thanks man..

any advice of which type of wing is better for some1 having stiff hips?
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:03 am

Hi Leobody

If you're looking for a swing that's easier on the hips, then I think there is actually no difference between the 2 types of swing. Both require similar hip movement to initiate the downswing.

If you want to swing with quieter hips, the chances are that you will lose a bit of distance, since you will then have to rely on your arms and your wrists for power.

The oneplane swing will help you if you have difficulty swinging from in to out (on your down swing) because it simplifies the transition from back swing to down swing.

That's my 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

i have a problem, i will get tired at the back 9 and will turn less (have quieter hips) leading to some big hooks on what seems like good contact with the ball. My swing type is more of a draw (to combat my previous problem of slice)

Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm

scotty,

i try to move my hip abit slower.. 7 iron consistent at around 120-130.
not sure if i am using too much power on my hands and wrist.. haha..
but when it comes to my driver.. it gets tougher with very little hip turn.. hitting my driver around 170-180 only. big problem now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Plane Golf Swing   One Plane Golf Swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Plane Golf Swing
Page 1 of 1