Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendations for a 3W

Go down 
+12
hardrock
Linch
Christo72
golfkaki
Lamts18
Roystonnn
Duval_S
alucard
watermyforrest
mUAr_cHEe
nientsu
Technospaz
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:49 am

How about a Taylor Made R7 TP 3+ TS Wood 13° with a Fujikura Vista Pro 80 Stiff Flex Graphite shaft.
I used to have one similar but 3W 15° with extra stiff shaft which I regret selling off.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:55 am

who8168 wrote:
Bro Techno,

I've tried many, many 3 FWs, & i personally feel that TM Burner (07 model) is still the best. That's why over the last 2 yrs, i've change drivers, irons, wedges, putters, but have not changed the FW.

If you simply itchy-backside, go ahead & buy other brands, but must keep the Burner (if yours is the same one i am talking about). However, if you want to sell the FW after you've found new love, I'll take it off you if the condition is still good. Don't mind keeping a backup, so i can experiment with different shafts (so i guess i itchy-backside too Laughing )

That said, besides the Burner, G10 will be my next choice.

I have the 07 5w and 08 3w..
Do you mean you felt 07 is better than 08??

I have this feeling but not sure if it's due to my swing problem or wat..
Wierd thing is, I played my friend's Titz 909F2 3w well.. (a few mths ago)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:14 am

who8168 wrote:
Bro Techno,

I've tried many, many 3 FWs, & i personally feel that TM Burner (07 model) is still the best. That's why over the last 2 yrs, i've change drivers, irons, wedges, putters, but have not changed the FW.

If you simply itchy-backside, go ahead & buy other brands, but must keep the Burner (if yours is the same one i am talking about). However, if you want to sell the FW after you've found new love, I'll take it off you if the condition is still good. Don't mind keeping a backup, so i can experiment with different shafts (so i guess i itchy-backside too Laughing )

That said, besides the Burner, G10 will be my next choice.

Thanks, bro. But my 3W is the 08 Burner variant which I understand is good but not as good as the 07 model. I'm looking at the G10 and Launcher.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 am

Bro Techno....fm what I had seen and heard...you and launcher golf range seems to have some natural chemistry..... Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 am

Roystonnn wrote:
I have the 07 5w and 08 3w..
Do you mean you felt 07 is better than 08??

I have this feeling but not sure if it's due to my swing problem or wat..
Wierd thing is, I played my friend's Titz 909F2 3w well.. (a few mths ago)

Personally i feel that the 07 model feels better & play easier than the 08 model.

I've tried my friend's 909F2 too, it is quite good, especially the traditional head shape & easy setup.

Technospaz wrote:
I'm looking at the G10 and Launcher.

I have not tried the Launcher, so cannot comment. Though I lean towards G10, i am wondering if you should wait to compare it with the new G15/i15.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 am

Duval_S wrote:
Bro Techno....fm what I had seen and heard...you and launcher golf range seems to have some natural chemistry..... Very Happy ...

Yeah... strange isn't it.

Thinking of the Launcher 3W from Rockbottomgolf. $99. Anyone keen?
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 am

Linch wrote:
golfkaki wrote:
since we are on this topic... anyone tried the maruman i4000x FW, the HEAD look like a driver!

heard it's a damn GOOD FW, but the price is GOOD too

http://www.maruman.co.jp/english/golf/shuttle/shuttle_i4000x/index.html

How about trying the Shuttle M-sole? the model is a bit older than i4000x but it's still a good FW.
I have a 3FW and a 5FW, can come to try if you are keen.

another happy and loyal follower of Maruman shuttle M-sole FW... me...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 am

The Maruman is pretty ex Sad

Anyway, anyone know how much the G10 FW would cost?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am

Folks, another quick question. Which would you prefer? A 3W or a 1H? Both have about the same loft (approx 14-16˚).
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:31 am

buy both.... Smile i think the 1H easier to play ba.. for me, i'll take the 3W.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:32 am

Lamts18 wrote:
buy both.... Smile i think the 1H easier to play ba.. for me, i'll take the 3W.

Haha. Good one, Mr. Lam Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am

Technospaz wrote:
The Maruman is pretty ex Sad

Anyway, anyone know how much the G10 FW would cost?

At golfhse. abt $280 I think.. with a free gift.
But not sure out of stock ler ma.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 am

Technospaz wrote:
Folks, another quick question. Which would you prefer? A 3W or a 1H? Both have about the same loft (approx 14-16˚).

About 1 yr ago when i really got my swing kicking with the rescues, i was full of ego & renewed hope, & thought i could handle anything. Backside itchy, bought a 14* hybrid, then sold it off after 2 months. Just couldn't get the balls to launch. Really sad. Went back to my 3W & all was well again.

Reason the 1H didn't play as easy as the 3W was b'cos the length of the FW was longer, which makes the launching of the ball easier. The FW also has a bigger head, which makes it easier to hit too.

End of the day, my personal conclusion (based on my limited ability) was 17* & higher rescues easier than FW, but anything stronger than 15* makes the rescue more difficult than FW.

Confusing? Laughing
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 am

i dun think you can compare 1H to 3W..... 1H plays like a 1i, and if i am not wrong, the swing weight is is almost two notches above the 3W... think you need swing speed is excess of 90 for it...

PS: the M-sole was selling for 199/169 in the last sale.
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:34 pm

I have owned and tried many 3 & 5 wood, but my recent purchase of the TM R9 5 wood (19 degree) performs the best. It's easy to launch the ball and it gives very good distance (180-190m). Wanted to buy the 4wood which at 17 degree, I personally feel will be easier to handle than a 3 wood but not available here thus have to settle for the 5wood.
I bought the american spec shaft version and change it to a graman 304 shaft.
For those who are struggling with their fairway wood, do go and have a try at bishan driving range.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:15 pm

TLHENG wrote:
I have owned and tried many 3 & 5 wood, but my recent purchase of the TM R9 5 wood (19 degree) performs the best. It's easy to launch the ball and it gives very good distance (180-190m). Wanted to buy the 4wood which at 17 degree, I personally feel will be easier to handle than a 3 wood but not available here thus have to settle for the 5wood.
I bought the american spec shaft version and change it to a graman 304 shaft.
For those who are struggling with their fairway wood, do go and have a try at bishan driving range.

Were you at Bukit Batok Range last night?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:

Maybe you can ask the shop at bishan if you can try out both and compare which one goes further...

Can anyone confirm whether this is possible or not?
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Yes I am at the BB range last night. WHO8168, are you the one me and my friend spoke to?
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Yes that was me. Nice to meet you guys. Hope to see you again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for a 3W   Recommendations for a 3W - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for a 3W
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2