Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy

Go down 
+9
asahi
S70B
CNX
naij
Duval_S
TObe
Technospaz
quacks
DGman
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy Empty
PostSubject: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

its not the main play but the pro-am...

the boy in red with Zen ZAP is Attiwit Janewattananond aka Jazz (the other one you all know who he is). At 14 years 7 months, he was the youngest player to make the cut at an Asian Tour event. he is now 15 years and have just turned pro last year.

Nice boy who ask lots of questions, has a very open mind and enjoying his time as a playing professional. he is not out to win but gaining experience and confidence is his main focus for now. His dad is also very supportive and is not one who wants his child "to achieve what you cannot" type.

For the record, Ryo has a Zen putter in his collection.

so here're the picture treat......

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350863308_cda075d23f_z

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350863202_8d6e5d83f1_z

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350249845_23f3508b5a_z

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350862978_1eabe21e7b_z

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350249699_2d598997c3_z

with his other idol....

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy 5350250717_59b9451fa0_z

photos courtesy of Mr Kajorndej Janewattananond.

Enjoy...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
quacks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 pm

DGman,

Is there any chance of getting a look at WITB for these Asian Tour guys? I know there is alot of PGA WITB threads out there but thought that it would be interesting to see what the Asian players carry as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm beginning to enjoy the Asian Tour a lot more than before. I think the players are fantastic and rival the best of those on the PGA. I'm elated to know that they use Zen putters... at least we have something in common. Sadly, it stops there.
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Eric, care to share which Zen model is in Ryo's collection?

btw, a WITB for Asian Tour would be nice! below are links for the PGA WITB from wrx to share (latest for 2011).

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/433740-2011-hyundai-tournament-of-champions-pics-thanks-ihatebogies/

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/435104-2011-sony-open-monday-pics-part-1/

Enjoy the oogling!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

WITB change from thursday through sunday.

why???

club count is on thursday, meaning an official club surveyor will note every club including balls, gloves, shoes, clubs and shafts and grips and this is submitted to the major club brands.

why do they do that???

there is such a thing call bonus, if you use a certain brand, you get a bonus for making the cut, getting top 50, top 10, top 3 and winning. all the money counts. there is a bonus for almost everything now, clubs, balls, shoes. No wonder Yes Putter went bankrupt and half the creditors are tour players, go figure that our yourselves.

but unofficially some of the players will rely on familiar equipment to get better scores. some talented player with very indifferent feel will switch.

But some do not..like MM who was offered US$25K to switch driver and he refused.

Coconut was offered money to switched from Zen to other brands and he just refused...the boy is dedicated.

GRX started to in the shadows of bombsquad and when they first started, people flock there to see WITB. if you want to see WITB for Asian Tour, i think my thai student is pretty active in that area in the leading thai forum. will try and get you the link if you can read Thai.

cheers....DGman

PS - Ryo was issued a Zen ZAP (Proto 3) during the Scottish Open in early July last year.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks DGMan for sharing insights to the reward based model for the golfers. Very interesting

Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:53 pm

DGman wrote:

why???

club count is on thursday, meaning an official club surveyor will note every club including balls, gloves, shoes, clubs and shafts and grips and this is submitted to the major club brands.

why do they do that???

there is such a thing call bonus, if you use a certain brand, you get a bonus for making the cut, getting top 50, top 10, top 3 and winning. all the money counts. there is a bonus for almost everything now, clubs, balls, shoes. No wonder Yes Putter went bankrupt and half the creditors are tour players, go figure that our yourselves.

but unofficially some of the players will rely on familiar equipment to get better scores. some talented player with very indifferent feel will switch.

But some do not..like MM who was offered US$25K to switch driver and he refused.

Coconut was offered money to switched from Zen to other brands and he just refused...the boy is dedicated.

GRX started to in the shadows of bombsquad and when they first started, people flock there to see WITB. if you want to see WITB for Asian Tour, i think my thai student is pretty active in that area in the leading thai forum. will try and get you the link if you can read Thai.

cheers....DGman

PS - Ryo was issued a Zen ZAP (Proto 3) during the Scottish Open in early July last year.

Thanks for the great insights Eric! never knew they practiced changing equipment from Thurs to Sun.

p.s. wah, that's great comfort to hear that Ryo has the same great taste as me. heh... (oh yeah, and Jazz too)
Back to top Go down
quacks
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

DGman wrote:

This is interesting! I always knew that they had extra money for using certain manufacturers but I didn't know they change clubs so often in a single tourney.

Cannot read Thai but will slowly try to navigate my way through and see pictures (of clubs :p). If all else fails have to use translator!
Back to top Go down
naij
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:48 pm

a very interesting read. Nice to find out more about these "inside" information things.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Jazz have asked me many times to get him a BFG belt and Zen shirt in red.

so don't be surprised that he will wear them next season.

we don't pay him and its purely at their own will.

DGman
Back to top Go down
CNX
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
CNX

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 pm

WITB at the black mountain master 2010

WITB
Back to top Go down
http://www.cnxgolf.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks CNX aka Kunnasak for the link.....

looks like the chain gang is going to reunited at the LPGA opener at Siam Country Club at Chonburi from 14th to 17th February.

any volunteers from GR?

DGman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:31 am

Boss

So r u joining us for the Zen post game dinner or not?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:46 am

i am trying hard to invite Mr/Ms BB as well but he/she never respond to my PM.

yes i will be there to share the grief and the joy of the Zen match at Red House.

Also Attiwit now has a Black ZZIC which he will put in play soon. I was told that he loves that putter and he picked it up after the Royal Trophy Pro-am.

DGman
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 am

die lah...i thought dinner is next week....now clash with Honda LPGA event...

where do you think i will be at?

DGman
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 am

Errr...in Thailand chasing Tour FR chicks?

I would if in yr position.

Last edited by asahi on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 am

so if you are invited to volunteer would you miss the Zen game to provide service at this event?

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 am

Asahi get the chicks, Swinger get long drive Ah Tan. Game not the same without original TD, but still win win. Asahi, your call Laughing
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

DGman wrote:
so if you are invited to volunteer would you miss the Zen game to provide service at this event?

Sweaty guys or sweaty girls??... It's a no brainer, Boss Laughing
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

DGman wrote:

Without a shadow of a doubt, i will be right there with the awesome ones.

p.s ambiguity is intended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 am

Expense paid?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am

DGman wrote:

Between the devil and the deep blue sea, very beri tough choice.

scratch

But I have sworn in my committment to the 3 Capts as TD and player under team slinger's name.
So will rein in my hunting instincts for the moment.

Thanks DGman.......snacks to come later in appreciation for the kind offer.

p.s now, anyone for HCM city in Apr?
lol!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

asahi wrote:
DGman wrote:

Between the devil and the deep blue sea, very beri tough choice.

scratch

But I have sworn in my committment to the 3 Capts as TD and player under team slinger's name.
So will rein in my hunting instincts for the moment.

Thanks DGman.......snacks to come later in appreciation for the kind offer.

p.s now, anyone for HCM city in Apr?
lol!

i will be in HCMC in mid mar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Expense paid?

for you...special...you pay for all my expenses to qualify.....
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:42 am

asahi wrote:
Errr...in Thailand chasing Tour FR chicks?

I would if in yr position.

chicks over dicks! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy   A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little bit of Zen at Royal Trophy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next