Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volvik Crystal ball

Go down 
+7
Turbo
odyssey23
pocketace
akhild
enwee
kissthegreen
TLHENG
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

Volvik Crystal ball Empty
PostSubject: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Anyone played the Volvik Crystal ball before and how is the performance and feel? Where can I get it here.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Reviving the thread... Am looking at the 3-piece Volvik crystal ball as well.. Anyone tried it and know how much is a dozen? Will like to hear some peer feedback.. Not sure how much is it selling locally.
Checked out amazon and nett price (dozen) is about 50 SGD inclusive shipping..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:53 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Reviving the thread... Am looking at the 3-piece Volvik crystal ball as well.. Anyone tried it and know how much is a dozen? Will like to hear some peer feedback.. Not sure how much is it selling locally.
Checked out amazon and nett price (dozen) is about 50 SGD inclusive shipping..
Check out pan west.....they having some promo now.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks enwee.. Called up Panwest and their promo (1-for-1 - so 2 boxes) is about $99. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm

get in touch with some member at panwest sembawang country club..
can have it for $70 odd for 24 if I remember correctly. SCC branded.

Ball ok.. at my skill level, not much diff frm srixon ad333. but test reports rate it highly..

its not the arrow, but the indian.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Like the orange color though.. Can't see why they want to produce the green color ones though!!! They blend with the grass!!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 7:02 pm

What's the deal with this ball?

All I know it's from Korea and been around for a while

Only recently keep seeing some pros LPGA sponsored by them
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Based on my usage, this ball feels like a 2 layer rather than 3. Not much spin on the green. But the colour makes it quite easy for you to find the ball. Compare with callaway diablo tour 3 layer ball, diablo spin much better on the green. This is purely base on my golf game recently.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:04 am

TLHENG wrote:
Anyone played the Volvik Crystal ball before and how is the performance and feel?  Where can I get it here.

Pan West stocks Volvik balls ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:11 am

Turbo wrote:
TLHENG wrote:
Anyone played the Volvik Crystal ball before and how is the performance and feel?  Where can I get it here.

Yep.. but they sell quite a small fortune here... Planning to get from amazon with free shipping.. come out to be 41 SGD / box.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:46 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Turbo wrote:
TLHENG wrote:

Yep.. but they sell quite a small fortune here... Planning to get from amazon with free shipping.. come out to be 41 SGD / box.

if u wanna get this ball cheap go to msian courses during dec-jan when the Koreans are out in full force.. then u see these volvik and many other unheard of COLORFUL brands being sold during this period once they hv been found washed and packaged FS ... eg at palm resort u can find bundles of them in minty condition going for RM30 for 16pcs .. I bought some and must say they are pretty good... nice impact sound and gives good distance .. it actually does produce some spin but then again spin depends a lot on the conditions of the greens and I dun think Msian greens are really that great to allow spin to happen esp at the cheaper golf clubs..Razz might work better in the better clubs' greens like HH... imho...Volvik Crystal ball Volvik1_zpsd6e12a7f
Back to top Go down
GooGie
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GooGie

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:06 am

kissthegreen wrote:
Turbo wrote:
TLHENG wrote:

Panwest is selling Crystal for 2 for $61. Looks like Amazon are selling at a small fortune Smile
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks all for info.  Since my post in 2010, I have bought some in Bangkok and tried it out.  Good distance but feels harder than most others.  Looks very interesting though.  Heard it is made in Korea
so quality should be ok.  Saw many korean LPGA players sponsored by volvik.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:14 am

GooGie wrote:
kissthegreen wrote:
Turbo wrote:
TLHENG wrote:

Panwest is selling Crystal for 2 for $61. Looks like Amazon are selling at a small fortune Smile
Hey cool! I will check it out!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:17 am

Just adding to this thread as I chanced upon the Volvik S3 White Balls few weeks ago when it was first out at PanWest..  Please note this is Not the Crystal Balls mentioned in the title of this thread but a bro here mentioned the price $99 for 2 boxes of these now..

Was in a hurry before tee off and needed a box. Didn't ask much but was highly recommended by the staff.. As good as Pro V he said.. Stupid enough not to see the price n just paid at the cashier..  Special discount as the staff pitched no the balls.. $79 per box of 12..   Crying or Very sad 

Volvik Crystal ball Volviks3

Played some decent games following the purchase including this year's low. 

To me the balls are light and easy off the club face.. Shiny white thus very easy to spot and differentiate.. Distance and checks on greens like ProV to me.. and what I like most about the balls is the longer bolder arrow line across the ball.. Great for my dismay putting..

Just bought another 2 boxes at $99 for 2 boxes.. Cheaper than ProV this time...  cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:21 am

chien wrote:
Just adding to this thread as I chanced upon the Volvik S3 White Balls few weeks ago when it was first out at PanWest..  Please note this is Not the Crystal Balls mentioned in the title of this thread but a bro here mentioned the price $99 for 2 boxes of these now..

Just bought another 2 boxes at $99 for 2 boxes.. Cheaper than ProV this time...  cheers

Bro, this is a 3-Piece or 4-Piece ball?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:51 am

Turbo wrote:
chien wrote:

It is 3-piece ball mate... (perhaps as the name described S3)

They have S4, and it is 4-piece ball...

cheers
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Volvik Crystal at 2 for S$75 only, at Isetan.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm

chien wrote:
Turbo wrote:
chien wrote:

cheers

4-piece??? its madness... its hitting a mini-bowling ball... 4-piece for good players.. Certainly not for me...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
chien wrote:
Turbo wrote:
chien wrote:

cheers

4-piece??? its madness... its hitting a mini-bowling ball... 4-piece for good players.. Certainly not for me...
Same same lah....Lethal 5 piece so is the new TP X.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:25 pm

odyssey23 wrote:
Based on my usage, this ball feels like a 2 layer rather than 3. Not much spin on the green. But the colour makes it quite easy for you to find the ball. Compare with callaway diablo tour 3 layer ball, diablo spin much better on the green. This is purely base on my golf game recently.

Bro, if you want a good balance of spin and distance, consider the Titleist NXT Tour ... If you want an even softer feel, go for the NXT Tour S ...
Back to top Go down
odyssey23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
odyssey23

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Thanks bro turbo. I used the titleist nxt tour before but the colour of the volvik balls look interesting and want to try "make in Korea" just to feel any difference.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 11:13 pm

chien wrote:
Turbo wrote:
chien wrote:

cheers

Thanks for the info, bro ...  Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volvik Crystal ball   Volvik Crystal ball I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volvik Crystal ball
Page 1 of 1