Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner Empty
PostSubject: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am

So let me clarify, that this is nothing to do with swing, putts or any form of body required movements as that is best to leave it to the more profficient golfers...

As a seasoned beginner, one of the most painful defect in my game is distance gauging.....many holes many hearts have been broken (tat is mine in case one might wonder) due to my natural inefficiency in managing the distance off tee.

Sometime back (yes again), I struggled to gauge what distance to clear a canal for my 2nd shot and needless to say, my ball went water lor....

across the past 4 weeks, I had the honor to talk and pick the brains of a few ....real good golfers...and came out with a clear understanding of how I should manage my game ...fm the green or in this case, fm the canal.

you see, many times I approach my tee box...I am likely talking full of nonsense (aka thrash talk), and paid no attention to the distance fm the canal or bunker or hazzard.....then I whack the ball, and then do ' eenie meeine miny moe' in gauging the distance.

With the tip fm them, I now know that I need to work the distance backwards fm the canal/hazzard/bunker, and then based on my drive, gauge how much carry I need to have.....or do I do a layup.

I wish to thank these good golfers for this.....some may see that its so simple as chewing tou-fu, but this is onething which I am not diligent.

So to any upcoming golfers or folks like me, hope this helps.

....just me 'D' (SB)

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Duval.....easier thing is to look out for the roundish distance markers on the fairways.....psst, some say, roughs also got such markers..... Razz

Seriously though, these markers and the ones by the side can be used for quick reference with regards to distance.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Immediate solution = Range Finder.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Looks like D's getting pretty ready for the Charity game.

MC has his work cut out for him to defend the title.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:21 pm

My #4,

I am no where near my #5.........I think hor...I am easily 10 strokes behind him la.........
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:42 pm

duffader wrote:
Immediate solution = Range Finder.
Agree... Dun need to u think I thougt n dunno who can confirm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner   A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A golf tip by a Seasoned Beginner
Page 1 of 1