Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie seeking advise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wangker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie seeking advise Empty
PostSubject: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi,

I am planning to start Golf-ing, should I get a beginner clubs or not?

Or, is it better to get the pro kits? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:53 pm

first of all, I am of the view that there is no such clubs that will be able to serve one for the longest time.

so my take is that if you realli beginner....go for those which the manufacturer categorize as ' forgiving ' or max forgiving......then start fm there. Brand wise, is very individual...

that is not to say that one cannot go for ' pro' or 'tour' categorized equipment...just that be mindful, how much training investment are you going to invest in.
Back to top Go down
wangker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Sorry, but pardon me as I am really new to it.

What's the difference between beginner clubs and those pro ones?
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 pm

They call it beginner's club but its really just.... golf clubs! They are suppose to assist you in your early days as a golfer to firm up your swing. One feature is that "beginner's" club has a wider sole and its suppose to help you launch the ball easier.

Again... there are no pro clubs... these are just clubs that the pros prefer or endorsed. They are usually look "smarter" and they use either CB or MB clubs to help them shape their shots. I know the explanation is short but I hope the simplicity helps.

Try getting a regular club to start with. There are plenty out there in the market. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wangker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Alright thanks for the advise!~
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:27 pm

if u are able to borrow clubs from your friends, do so.... try out first then see if u wan to spend on a set...

I think when u talk abt beginner set you mean those complete sets... I would not go for such set because you may like other putter or driver. And if you want to sell, the whole set hv to go
Back to top Go down
wangker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 pm

understand. thx for the advise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie seeking advise   Newbie seeking advise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie seeking advise
Page 1 of 1