Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Padraig's Disastrous Par 3

Go down 
+3
ironfist
jtek
Technospaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 Empty
PostSubject: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:51 pm

This is where it all fell apart for Paddy at the PGA Championship '09. I feel really bad for him, but it's a good lesson to everyone that even great pros like Paddy can have bad holes. What's important is that we learn from our mistakes.

Watch (and grimace).

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Poor Paddy... seems like run out of luck since he lost to tiger...
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:33 am

wow.. that was really an uber choke. poor guy.. i wouldn't want to continue playing after that.. but an 8 on a par 3 for me's probably pretty good already.. haha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am

I'm not sure why he was so aggressive with the pitch. Just a week ago, he made the same mistake in a very similar situation. I thought he would have been more cautious.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:25 am

When he was in Singapore for the Barclays Open (i think), I saw him practising his pitching and chipping. all his balls were like 1-2 feet away from the pin. I was like.... WOW!!!

Guess shit happens to everyone.
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:28 am

I saw him chip at a "fun" clinic on the GC once. He put his chips closer than other pros.

Thick rough can be very unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

yeah maybe he was trying to blast it out of the rough like as if he was in a bunker.. and it didn't come off well. speaking of zao cue, yesterday was the first i've seen TW hit a fat 5W off the fairway. haha it didn't go very far!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Well, he is not the only one with a snowman. Angel Carbrera also scored a snowman on the same hole. Tee off into water, then hit into water from drop zone, then again into water from the same drop zone. Finally hit it on and with 2 putts, the snowman popped up smiling at him.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Well, he is not the only one with a snowman. Angel Carbrera also scored a snowman on the same hole. Tee off into water, then hit into water from drop zone, then again into water from the same drop zone. Finally hit it on and with 2 putts, the snowman popped up smiling at him.

The Snowman is my friend!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Technospaz wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

The Snowman is my friend!

oh? looks like we have a common friend leh.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:52 pm

not as sorry as i was for Van de Velde. Back then watching it on TV, i was hoping he hit that ball from the water and land it in the green (back then i did not play golf so i thought it was a possible shot...looking at it now, its ridiculous that he even when into the water)......cause the whole thing was so tragic, the conclusion is a miraculous shot to win it or just totally collapse.

but he did the right thing and get the playoff but everybody knew then, even before the playoff, that he has lost the tournament.

Never felt so sorry for a sports guy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

tronos wrote:
not as sorry as i was for Van de Velde. Back then watching it on TV, i was hoping he hit that ball from the water and land it in the green (back then i did not play golf so i thought it was a possible shot...looking at it now, its ridiculous that he even when into the water)......cause the whole thing was so tragic, the conclusion is a miraculous shot to win it or just totally collapse.

but he did the right thing and get the playoff but everybody knew then, even before the playoff, that he has lost the tournament.

Never felt so sorry for a sports guy

That was a bitter bitter bitter hole for Van de Velde.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Padraig's Disastrous Par 3   Padraig's Disastrous Par 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Padraig's Disastrous Par 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.