Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?

Go down 
+39
snakeman
sp
Denmeister
limkh927
billi
Slicer51
TDO
huachaising
youming
simoner
Supermario
andytath
enwee
Golfer Guy
hkhamateur
Kengnam
Fatboy
Bangla123
Turbo
mi5trooper
slinger
Ssquirrel
pippin
klt8144
weesern
ChrisD
duffader
S70B
Khorkar
jimmychoo
nrafee
Begbie
asahi
bomby
Duval_S
Technospaz
mojojojo
wilkang
momo
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
momo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? Empty
PostSubject: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi all

May I know how much do you usually tip the caddy in JB courses like Horizon? RJCC?
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I usually tip them 50RM.
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 pm

wilkang wrote:
I usually tip them 50RM.

same for me also
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:08 pm

I think 50RM will at least guarantee some level of satisfaction so as to avoid any unnecessary 'mis-handling'.

But I think we also need to consider that the chap spent 5 hours with us...and if you are like me, sometime spray left, sometime spray right, sometime just spent minutes on the same spot trying to move fm one point to another (10m apart), then steady abit lah.....give a bit more..

with the exchange rate of 2.38, 50RM is only 22SGD
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:20 pm

i tend to cal based on SGD20, be it in Mal or Indo..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:27 pm

RM50 for regular caddies.

More for PRC ones........I wan Candy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 pm

I hv once played with TFP in palm resort, had a caddy who went all the way in helping us go thru the game when it rained like wiped our seats, clubs, packed our stuff that was lying around etc while we were scrambling for shelter... We didn't ask him to do all that and he did and we can noticeably he was sincere in doing so... We gave him more than 50rm but the point being that extra mile of service goes a long way..

These folks are not where they are by choice most times.. So if they make a difference to your game be it by knowledge or kind gesture, an extra buck will never hurt..

But back to the subject in question, I usually give 50rm
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Answer received...

Last edited by nrafee on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 pm

You all really give RM50? Since when the tipping rate changed liao? pale

I though only RJCC is compulsary must give RM50, the rest is like RM20 only leh Shocked

I know RM50 is not much but what will those Malaysia golfers think? Don't forget they are earning RM lor..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 pm

From KL golfers point of view, rm 20 is consider high. Normally, rm15 only, that makes to 30 per buggy. In JB, I normally gives rm 20, which is about 200 baht in Thailand. Which is std rates.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Classic case of goodwill possibly backfiring.

Tipping shd never be accepted to be compulsory.

I had a very bad caddie experience years ago at Palm Resort. That guy not only lost my FW head cover but also dinged my new putter clanging my clubs ard. Does he still deserve more for his 'service'?

If they have done a good job, it's natural to wanna give more. However, when more n more ppl do that, it will 'spoil market' for the rest of the golfers, making those who give the 'std' look bad.

Korat will never be the same again....Duffadder knows what I'm talking abt.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:39 pm

S70B wrote:
Classic case of goodwill possibly backfiring.

Tipping shd never be accepted to be compulsory.

I had a very bad caddie experience years ago at Palm Resort. That guy not only lost my FW head cover but also dinged my new putter clanging my clubs ard. Does he still deserve more for his 'service'?

If they have done a good job, it's natural to wanna give more. However, when more n more ppl do that, it will 'spoil market' for the rest of the golfers, making those who give the 'std' look bad.

Korat will never be the same again....Duffadder knows what I'm talking abt.

Now you know why korat is no longer a destination and u might heard what happen to camel when he was there a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:03 am

asahi wrote:
RM50 for regular caddies.

More for PRC ones........I wan Candy! cheers

Like that you have to take Q number Liao.
My friend usually pay Carmen and Candy RM 100 each.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 am

if the caddy did a very good job, abit more is ok... so I dun think there should be a fix amt
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:02 am

I think a distinction needs to be drawn.

If at a club like (R)JCC where the caddies carry your bag and walk, then RM50 is fair, I believe.

If at a club like Starhill where the caddy drives the buggy around with all 4 bags while the entire flight walks, then RM20-30 is fair, I believe. (This is because one caddy is shared by the flight.)

If at other clubs where the caddy rides on the back of the buggy and just cleans your club, lines up your ball and praises you even if you hit the worst shot of your life, then RM30-40 is fair, I believe. (This is because one caddy is shared by 2 golfers.)
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 am

Technospaz wrote:

If at other clubs where the caddy rides on the back of the buggy and just cleans your club, lines up your ball and praises you even if you hit the worst shot of your life, then RM30-40 is fair, I believe. (This is because one caddy is shared by 2 golfers.)

If the caddy praise for the sake of praising, I'll give him/her lesser... prefer those that are more real...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 am

weesern wrote:

If the caddy praise for the sake of praising, I'll give him/her lesser... prefer those that are more real...
Don't think you will tip better to those caddy keep on telling you to go back driving range and practice more.....like those single hcp caddy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:35 am

weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

That was a joke'lah.
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 am

For RJCC, rm 50 is reasonable... for other course recommend only <rm30.. bcos they are on buggy...i was discouraged by my friend bcos it 'spoil' the market...then those caddies will expect more and more...i see the point there..we like to play long term cheaper golf lah...rjcc green is cheaper, whereas other course the green fees is much higher and with the caddy tips it becomes costly..just my thoghts too...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am

jimmychoo wrote:
weesern wrote:

Don't think you will tip better to those caddy keep on telling you to go back driving range and practice more.....like those single hcp caddy Laughing

He may not get more from me but definitely I will accept his critisim..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 pm

As for me... S$0 coz the female caddy keeps molesting my male partner Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 pm

pippin wrote:
As for me... S$0 coz the female caddy keeps molesting my male partner Twisted Evil
Which course? I will go and check it out if it's true or not as a service to GR folks... albino
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
pippin wrote:
Which course? I will go and check it out if it's true or not as a service to GR folks... albino

i be your flightmate too......

then we guys wouldnt fall prey to such harassment.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:01 pm

And I join in to be doubly sure. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?   How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much do you tip the caddy in JB courses?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next