Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who you think will be the next world no. 1?

Go down 
+6
pushslice
TigaWood
asahi
Duval_S
Cyp_PGA
sunny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

Who you think will be the next world no. 1? Empty
PostSubject: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 am

With Tiger's form patchy, this might be his slip up moment.

But then again, there had been so many chances for others to overtake but they blew away the chances.

My guess is he'll cling on. What is yours?
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 am

i think after ryder cup performance you can see he is back on track .... still be TIGER
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 am

As much as I like Lee, As much as I like Phil, As much as I don think Ernie has any chance,

As much as I think the young guns has potential but....

I still think Tiger is the MAN.....for #1.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Looking at how Tiger performed at the Ryder Cup, he may just hang on to his no.1 spot.

Else, consistent bridesmaid on majors, Lee Westwood stands a good chance of overtaking Tiger.

With Tiger back in form & young guns raring to go, next season golf should be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:34 pm

I will root for Ernie...if there is any chance.
I also would like to see Tiger breaking the all time major!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Lee Westwood will take no.1 comes end. Oct if Tiger does not play/score points till then.

Further down the road, I was daydreaming for below scenario:

Tiger wins 4 more majors, Jack's record equaled but intact.

Dustin Johnson becomes more or less Phil version 2.0. Will contend at big tourneys but has propensity to blow himself up on Sundays. Martin Kaymer on the other hand, win more majors and be No.1 bcoz hes got the temperament and putting prowess.

Rory, AK, Mahan, Fowler will get their share of wins just like Padraig, Ogilvy, McDowell, Singh etc. Noh Seung Yul/ Ben An will carry the torch from KJ/YYE.

And old favorites like Els or Goose make a tom watson impersonation, beating (who else) Dustin Johnson in a playoff when DJ's hit into pot bunker and make bogey.

Wake me up...

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm

pushslice wrote:
Lee Westwood will take no.1 comes end. Oct if Tiger does not play/score points till then.

Further down the road, I was daydreaming for below scenario:

Tiger wins 4 more majors, Jack's record equaled but intact.

Dustin Johnson becomes more or less Phil version 2.0. Will contend at big tourneys but has propensity to blow himself up on Sundays. Martin Kaymer on the other hand, win more majors and be No.1 bcoz hes got the temperament and putting prowess.

Rory, AK, Mahan, Fowler will get their share of wins just like Padraig, Ogilvy, McDowell, Singh etc. Noh Seung Yul/ Ben An will carry the torch from KJ/YYE.

And old favorites like Els or Goose make a tom watson impersonation, beating (who else) Dustin Johnson in a playoff when DJ's hit into pot bunker and make bogey.

Wake me up...

SLAP SLAP.. you awake now? ROFL
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Yea i was waiting who would respond, but good predictions eh? Razz
Back to top Go down
J.B.Low
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
J.B.Low

Location : tengah airbase/ warren golf club/ anywhere the wind blows

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:35 pm

pushslice you've always had a wild imagination but i'll give it to ya - well conceieved and entertaining as always. SmileSmileSmile

i reckon its gotta be westie for me. the guy's got such a rock solid golf game and wonderful temprament. Not to mention the fact he's seen it all over the last couple of years and is still such a class act!

golf needs a gentleman with a magnetic personality and charm right now. if Lee Westwood doesn't fill those shoes then i don't think anyone can Wink

J.B
Back to top Go down
michael yong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michael yong

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

is the 2 woods game, tiger or lee.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Timmy! finally back from mountain training. What level is your Jiu Yang Zheng Jing?

Ive also gained some serious distance, think can finally match yours, at least in my day dream before blee woke me up, see ya wed night bro
Back to top Go down
pink panther
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Thai girl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who you think will be the next world no. 1?   Who you think will be the next world no. 1? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who you think will be the next world no. 1?
Page 1 of 1