Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why am I pulling my shots? see video

Go down 
+7
Duval_S
jimmychoo
and68low
ghoonk
slinger
mizzy
TigaWood
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Why am I pulling my shots? see video Empty
PostSubject: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2I2WU6zDU
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:19 pm

looks outside in swing.. just like me
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 pm

not only my neck hurts, my vision also kenna old flower eyes.....
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Just checked the video

look at your swing plane - your hands are being pulled INSIDE your body through impact, resulting in an out/neutral to in swing. For some reason, you are pulling your hands inside - either right hand too active or left hand too weak. Either way, try to grip your club less hard. I am currently dealing with a similar problem -- either pull or hook on shots where I try to get really aggressive on

Without the front view of the swing, I can't comment further

Disclaimer - i'm just a wannabe coach. Free advice, but if some real coaches care to comment, that would help Smile

Colin, when I'm back, maybe we can spend some time at the range and work with the tools I have, see if they can help you
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:03 pm

The front view was posted on the other tread, "Please comment on my swing"
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 pm

So, same swing?

comparing the two, I would venture to say that the reason you're pulling and not hooking is due to the swing path. I don't see much head movement (which is good), but I can't explain why your hands are being pulled in after the swing.

Where is the ball position and which iron were you hitting with? Try placing the ball back by half-ball or 1 ball, or keep hips quiet and let me know what happens
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Perhaps I should make a point to throw my hand out more.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Or place the ball back. I'm suspecting you might be catching the ball to the left of the apex of your swing plane, instead of at the apex or just a hair right of the apex.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Woah Lau ehh !!! Sebayho stop getting free advice la, go see a pro to fix it... all the advice you are getting from this thread are partially correct and it's not gonna fix it, !!!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

That's what I've been saying all along! Go see a coach!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Haha...I think it's very hard for the real coach to give you any free advice with this kind of video you took.
Your kind of video will attract people like me to give advice .... "Aaah......I think your right hand too active, causing your video to take 90* anti-clockwise video but your video quality is good lah, can take video with sun light on the background" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:34 pm

I really admire Bro SBH.....with such immaculate swing, he is still pursuing improvements......put me to shame for relying on just ...(u know what)

Bor SBH, pls check your 'FAN' inbox....you have a fan mail
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 pm

SBH, I saw a related Golf channel's Playing lesson with pros. I recall that it was about the hands being overly active on the top half of yr swing. The fix suggested was to check the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

and68low wrote:
Woah Lau ehh !!! Sebayho stop getting free advice la, go see a pro to fix it... all the advice you are getting from this thread are partially correct and it's not gonna fix it, !!!

Not really going for free advice....another way to make this forum more interesting Laughing
I do go for Pro check regularly.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Haha...I think it's very hard for the real coach to give you any free advice with this kind of video you took.
Your kind of video will attract people like me to give advice .... "Aaah......I think your right hand too active, causing your video to take 90* anti-clockwise video but your video quality is good lah, can take video with sun light on the background" Very Happy

Wow, I like your secret advice. So how to swing with inactive hands?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I really admire Bro SBH.....with such immaculate swing, he is still pursuing improvements......put me to shame for relying on just ...(u know what)

Bor SBH, pls check your 'FAN' inbox....you have a fan mail

Losing money, that why must work hard.
Did you send the PM to Tiger? there is no PM leh.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Khorkar wrote:
SBH, I saw a related Golf channel's Playing lesson with pros. I recall that it was about the hands being overly active on the top half of yr swing. The fix suggested was to check the shoulder.

What do you mean check the shoulder scratch
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 pm

see if your arms are still hanging from them?
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:54 am

Colin,

Just my 2 cents;

1. Neck ache from viewing your videos for prolonged period of time.

2. Will be good if you filmed yourself away from the sun to avoid over exposure.

3. Your stance is too narrow, where your feet should be shoulder width apart ~ remember you draw power from the ground. You find that you will slide less with your feet wider apart.

4. Agreed, you're too hand-sy where you're picking up your club with your hands not your shoulders (to draw max distance you should hit with your core muscles and not your arms). In this instance, you do not have a wide turning arc from address to the top of your back swing. You seem to pay more attention in getting your right elbow into the slot on the down swing rather than allowing your hip rotation to drop your right elbow into the slot.

5. At impact, you are rolling your right wrist which in most instances your ball flight is a draw to the left..... I reckon you are not going into the ball as aggressively which gives you a high ball flight than a penetrating one.....

6. The above is just some basic swing foundation and my observation, but sometimes thinking too much and breaking down your swing to bits & pieces is not a good thing. What's important is that you need to stay relaxed, lighten your grip, pick up the club with your shoulders and executing your down swing as simply as it should be.

Cheers

Swing
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi All....you guys are good.
Yes, I am too handsy.
Today I tried using more of my shoulders and core muscles and it works!
I tested 10 balls on a 100 meter green, 8 were deadly.
The other 2 was due to wristy habits

I tried that on the putting green too.
And it works!
I tend to pull my putts, this is also due to too much hands.
Now I rock shoulder and the ball went straight to the heart of the hole.

looks like sub80 score will be coming soon! affraid

Vinny all your observations are spot on, are you a pro?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Vinny wrote:
Colin,

(to draw max distance you should hit with your core muscles and not your arms).

Swing

I know this make sense , How to do that? can you expand more.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm

chiak lak......for the sake of a seasoned beginner...can somebody share wth me 'what is core muscles'? Are we born with it? Or do we need to do weights to develop it?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Duval_S wrote:
chiak lak......for the sake of a seasoned beginner...can somebody share wth me 'what is core muscles'? Are we born with it? Or do we need to do weights to develop it?

There is another core muscle that I know......it's for after 18 cyclops
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Core muscles= lower back & middle back muscles + stomach muscles, including the lateral ones which are also known as love handles.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Colin,

I'll be swinging by this Wed's SSN, maybe we can expound more about the golf swing? C ya

Cheers Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why am I pulling my shots? see video   Why am I pulling my shots? see video I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why am I pulling my shots? see video
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next