Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?

Go down 
+31
S70B
Zig Zag
TITW
TheFocalPoint
slinger
peter.golfer
shamusan
PinkPanther
4dtoto
JL_chong
eiji
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
Ssquirrel
hardrock
asahi
missmoon
Khorkar
ghoonk
jtek
duffader
pocketace
botak
pushslice
Duval_S
JonL_TK
daveaha
mizzy
nientsu
mloy
Technospaz
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which team are you supporting?
Team USA
Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_lcap27%Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 11 ]
Team Europe
Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_lcap54%Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 22 ]
Team which has prettier wives/girlfriends
Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_lcap19%Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? Empty
PostSubject: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:16 am

So, which team are you cheering for?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am

Team Europe of course and always have. cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 am

Team which has prettier wives/girlfriends lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 am

I think we can form Team Horny here in GR.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 am

I thought all the men are chee ko peks? What a Face
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:24 am

I learnt this from an uncle long time ago, 'All men are brothers. All men's brothers are brothers too.'
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 am

nientsu wrote:
I learnt this from an uncle long time ago, 'All men are brothers. All men's brothers are brothers too.'

One of my favorite story :

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? 61JyJSuuUBL._SS500_
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am

Check out the Vokey wedges for the Ryder Cup!!!
Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? 4dwf10
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:19 pm

is there any a local 'wedgeworks' being offered here? I am currently head over heels in love with my tity wedge that I will like to explore doing customized beautification to ensure longevity..
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:38 pm

thought the european wifes were more diversed, they looked prettier and classier last nite. americans seemed to favor the typical american blondes along the lines of Amy Mickelson, except for a few. This observation got me thinking, is it just golf or other things too? (Off line a bit, sorry)

which one fits you more?

americano or espresso?
Ford GT or Carrera?
Ralph Lauren or Massimo Dutti?
Under Armor or JL?
USDA Porterhouse or Bistecca Fiorentina?
Converse or Puma?
Cheesecake or Tiramisu?
Scarlett J'hansson or Sienna Miller?

I found myself overwhelmingly favoring European stuff Exclamation Naturally, i like european pro swings better. Cant describe it, they just look less brute force, more effortless swing.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:45 pm

I think these guys are being too nice... Let's see some fist pumping, trash talking, kiss-the-badge patriotism fire!!! I just want to watch some fiesty man v. man action, and I don't mean those kind found at Changi Village.

As to who to support, I'll support the team with the best WAGs Razz
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:50 pm

americano or espresso? (kopi latte)
Ford GT or Carrera? (ah pek chia Camry)
Ralph Lauren or Massimo Dutti? (simi massimo? crocodile can?)
Under Armor or JL? (fred perry from pasar malam)
USDA Porterhouse or Bistecca Fiorentina? (cow meat ah? jack's place ok?)
Converse or Puma? (bata)
Cheesecake or Tiramisu? (pandan cake)
Scarlett J'hansson or Sienna Miller? (both can?)

lol!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:51 pm

mizzy wrote:
americano or espresso? (kopi latte)
Ford GT or Carrera? (ah pek chia Camry)
Ralph Lauren or Massimo Dutti? (simi massimo? crocodile can?)
Under Armor or JL? (fred perry from pasar malam)
USDA Porterhouse or Bistecca Fiorentina? (cow meat ah? jack's place ok?)
Converse or Puma? (bata)
Cheesecake or Tiramisu? (pandan cake)
Scarlett J'hansson or Sienna Miller? (both can?)

lol!

What ? No coconut ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 pm

bwahahaha Mizzy, youre truly Asia bro. From Malaysia eh? buy u Kopi latte on 9 oct ya
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Mizzy, before I forget.. you're going to get some cautionary words about your avatar. And it's from higher management... M"OMG"loy.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:59 pm

sorry sorry

Cheesecake or Tiramisu? (coconut cake)
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:11 pm

for me, as a Singaporean, when it comes to Ryder cup, it will always be Team Europe

after the debacle in Brookline in 1999, I find it hard to root for the US

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news05/lehman1.html

anyway, traditionally the Europeans dress better... just check out the team jersey worn by the US... coincidentally, the US team jersey won in 1999 is... uh... a fashion faux pas to say the least...

pale
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Team Europe.... I want to see people like Jimenez kicking the american's butts. Apparently, Rory said something during the press conference then might have something to do with tiger.. does anybody know what he said???
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Quote :
duffader wrote:
Team Europe.... I want to see people like Jimenez kicking the american's butts. Apparently, Rory said something during the press conference then might have something to do with tiger.. does anybody know what he said???

he said somethig like this

" I will love to take a crack at beating tiger. with the way he is playing now, guess most of us will like our chance against him"

when I seen this, I remember Stephen Ames......he lost in a match play something like 7 & 6
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:25 pm

duffader wrote:

Is this it?

belfasttelegraph.co.uk wrote:

Ryder Cup: I’ll take down Tiger Woods, claims confident Rory McIlroy

By Peter Hutcheon
Friday, 24 September 2010

Rory McIlroy wants to go head-to-head with Tiger Woods at next week's Ryder Cup.

The Holywood superstar was yesterday tipped by Sir Nick Faldo to be one of the stars of the European team at Celtic Manor.

And the 21-year-old is certainly not short of confidence going into the event for the first time.

“It would be great to take someone like Tiger Woods down,” he said yesterday on a flying visit to the Lough Erne Resort where he is the touring professional.

“But I don't mind who I play, I just want to win points for the team.

“Whoever I come up against from the American side, I will be ready for them.”

McIlroy is looking forward to partnering fellow Ulsterman Graeme McDowell next week.

“I'm pretty certain I'll get a game with him next week, if not more,” he said.

“We have done well together in the past and we do play well together and feed off one another quite well on the course.”

The excitement of the competition against the Americans is starting to get to McIlroy who earlier this week maintained that majors and world golf championships were more important.

“I can't wait to get over there on Monday now,” he said.

“Everyone is really excited about the week and Europe have got a great side which should hopefully get the Ryder Cup back.

“I do suffer from first tee nerves sometimes and I'm sure I'll get them at the Ryder Cup, but once the first tee shot is on its way you are just thinking about winning a point for the team.

“Once I'm there and get into it, there'll be nothing that I will want more than to win the Ryder Cup back for Europe. For that week it will be the most important week for me.”
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks guys..... it would be nice to see them come head to head.. and if there is a reason for tiger to play want to play well.... this will be the chance. The commentators were all saying, if tiger is looking for a time to play well and shut the media up, this will be the time. Americans may lose, but as long as tiger wins, that is what will shut the media up for good.

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Please let them play together mano-a-mano!! This will be fun. I love to see Tiger prove his worth.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 pm

everybody wants to play Tiger.

Tiger is a fighter, push him into the corner and he will bite back hard

Rory needs to be careful what he wished for

every golfer that makes it to the Ryder Cup is an accomplished player and deserves respect.

hope it will be a fair match, with well-behaved & respectful fans and may the best team wins
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:37 pm

As long as its not played in the USA, i think the crowd will be fine. Seriously, US crowd are too rowdy for alot of peoples liking, but that in a way tells who will crack under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:39 pm

WRT to the opening ceremony.....wah piang....Tiger and Stricker , both quite lonely...as both don have their partner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?   Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryder Cup - Which team are you supporting?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next