Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? Empty
PostSubject: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am

Fellow Brudders/professionals/Gurus......Lend me your ears!!!!

Seriously, had a game last sat and 1st time using a relatively new cheapo ball ...aka 12$ for 12 balls kind......but very interesting green. No matter how I chip, the ball just don hold....roll and roll and roll.....macam bedok to jurong.
But if my memory not failed me, when I used to use Nxt, the same skill level of mine, ball don roll (x10) so much.

Is this your experience or is it just my illusion ???

Any comments is very appreciated....if its indeed an illusion, I need to calibrate my chipping liao!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am

DS, I think it's not the ball but the greens. Those greens were erratic and there wasn't enough grass to allow the ball to bite effectively.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am

Duval_S wrote:
No matter how I chip, the ball just don hold....roll and roll and roll.....macam bedok to jurong.

Mine was batam to singapore... singapore to batam...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 am

DS, actually we can't comment much since we don't know the condition of the green, what you chip with & how you chip it. You should have chip 2 different types of balls right there on the spot to see the difference. Maybe you can do it next time when you play (provided there are no flights behind you)
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:23 am

actually, it does make a difference. i have used the callaway warbird as well as the NXT, which are on extreme ends of the spectrum.

for the warbird, the ball doesn't hold much, whilst the NXT, the ball seems to have more spin and hold more..

i like NXT for it's touch around the greens, cos it does indeed hold the greens very well... this explains why different balls have got different prices.. their covers and all the other technology is different...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 am

I would agree that different balls spin differently (e.g. DT Roll & DT Carry). But in Duval's case, I really believe that there was nothing significantly wrong with this chip. The greens were just really fast. And, when chipping closer to the green, it is more difficult to get the ball to bite, so it's very likely to run quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 am

Technospaz wrote:
I would agree that different balls spin differently (e.g. DT Roll & DT Carry). But in Duval's case, I really believe that there was nothing significantly wrong with this chip. The greens were just really fast. And, when chipping closer to the green, it is more difficult to get the ball to bite, so it's very likely to run quite a bit.

Aiyoh....thanks brudder Techno....you talk might give wrong impression ...later ppl think my short game macam those Thai Asian pro........my shitty problem with my short game is lack of shots....only one go-to shot around the greens....ahhhh!!!! I need repertoire!!!!! OK....set. I will start practising chipping with 5 iron
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Duval_S wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Aiyoh....thanks brudder Techno....you talk might give wrong impression ...later ppl think my short game macam those Thai Asian pro........my shitty problem with my short game is lack of shots....only one go-to shot around the greens....ahhhh!!!! I need repertoire!!!!! OK....set. I will start practising chipping with 5 iron

LOL! Seriously, bro... you had a very consistent and steady swing. So, I reckon that the fault was with the fast greens. I don't think you did anything wrong but then again, I'm not a pro. Perhaps when we play again, we can analyze deeper, yah? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???   Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type of Ball....isit my illusion or excuse or it is for real???
Page 1 of 1