Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what kind of tees do you use for irons?

Go down 
+15
shotah
slinger
kopiO
jaketang
weesern
clarencekim
shorthitter
Khorkar
freedrop
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
Lamts18
sunny
jimmychoo
sniffydog
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

what kind of tees do you use for irons? Empty
PostSubject: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:26 pm

hi pple, I usually use my 70-76mm long wooden tee for the driver, stuck it almost all the way to the ground and tee off the using my irons for the shorter par 3s. I break and waste a tee each time.

is that supposed to be the way? are there other methods you use? please share. thanks.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:31 pm

I am using a plastic shorter tee - shall be 35 ~ 40mm. A long tee use for iron will always break.
If I am running out of short tee, I will look around tee box for broken tee.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:46 pm

i use those short plastic tees....last almost forever...
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:53 pm

i use the plastic tee for irons and hybrids and the plastic magnetic tee for tee off.. also last almost forever.. Smile
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:56 pm

ah thanks, similar tried and tested replies. I used to use shorter wooden tees, but became lazy to bring two types of tees. shall try de short plastic tees, minimized wastage.

OT a bit, regarding magnetic tees, or those zero friction tees, are the drives really further than typical wooden tees for woods?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:59 pm

sniffydog wrote:
OT a bit, regarding magnetic tees, or those zero friction tees, are the drives really further than typical wooden tees for woods?
You try it and you tell us about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I use the same type of tees (the cheapo ones) for all my clubs. I just change how deep they go into the ground.
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:17 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
sniffydog wrote:
You try it and you tell us about it Laughing

heard many good things about them mah, just wanted to justify the 18bucks before i plunge into it. but you've just gave me the justification...I'll buy to try.
personally, i'm still more tilted towards wooden tees...just feels...more traditional. just like not everyone can address a square head driver, without giggling.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm

sniffydog wrote:

heard many good things about them mah, just wanted to justify the 18bucks before i plunge into it. but you've just gave me the justification...I'll buy to try.
personally, i'm still more tilted towards wooden tees...just feels...more traditional. just like not everyone can address a square head driver, without giggling.
I am using it and it is good! Not so easily break and will last you as long as you don't lost it. But don't think it add any distance to my tee shot.
Hope that help! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

I use broken tees found around the tee box for irons (Green mah.. cut down on wastage!.. oso I cheapo lor tongue ).

Driver: I use zero friction. Not because of extra distance; but because they are almost unbreakable! change when the stupid "prongs" get worn out or when I lose them. I bought a bag of 100 last year and think I went through less than 10! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
I use broken tees found around the tee box for irons (Green mah.. cut down on wastage!.. oso I cheapo lor tongue ).

Driver: I use zero friction. Not because of extra distance; but because they are almost unbreakable! change when the stupid "prongs" get worn out or when I lose them. I bought a bag of 100 last year and think I went through less than 10! Very Happy

Because you hit it so precisely, the tee hardly moves... like seen in golf channel 26.... Smile
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 pm

My favourite tees for driver are bamboo tees but hard to find them, can only get from Taiwan or China. Next alternative is wooden tees.

For irons, I look around the ground and use other golfer's donation of broken tees, like some of you here.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Yupp, same here...
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 pm

sniffydog wrote:
hi pple, I usually use my 70-76mm long wooden tee for the driver, stuck it almost all the way to the ground and tee off the using my irons for the shorter par 3s. I break and waste a tee each time.

is that supposed to be the way? are there other methods you use? please share. thanks.

2 cents worth here.....

If you use a long tee for your iron, (more of the tee is in the ground than out) then sometimes at impact if the tee does not break or come out of the ground then it will pull open the face or slow down the club so much as to affect impact.

As others suggest here look for broken tee's or break one of yours...

Short tee's for irons, if your tee is longer than your divot is likely to be deep, you will have problems....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Just like many of U, as I get (slightly) better at golf, I now lose fewer balls (maybe one or two maximum per 18-hole course) and I now have used the same three long plastic tees (two medium size, one long) for more than five rounds of 18 holes!

Man, they just don't break. And better yet, they are funky bright colours so I can see them when it gets cloudy or at dusk.

Now what do I do with about 500 unused wooden tees and three boxes of new 'distance' cheap golf balls?

I think it's time for me to move up to Pro V1s from mid-range priced ones (or even freebies from kakis) and carry only four or five plastic tees in my pockets while playing.

BTW, I used to lose at least three or more balls per 18-holes and would break or lose almost all my wooden tees.

My score may not be going down, but I am saving on buying new golf balls and packets of wooden tees every month.

CK
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm

I got a pack of about 20 plastic tees for $1 at Far East and I can go thru 36 holes without breaking any. cheap and good...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 am

i used the "3 pointed leg" long tee for my driver... forgot the name, quite ex... but it seems unbreakable...haven broke one yet...

except i intentionally break one shorter to use for my iron....(save on buying another pack of shorter similar tee)
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:04 am

Those white organic tri-prong tees are 'eco friendly' also.

Smile

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 am

weesern wrote:
I got a pack of about 20 plastic tees for $1 at Far East and I can go thru 36 holes without breaking any. cheap and good...

My faves too Wink

I remember some years back that my pro shop in Malaysia had a unique offer. Grab as many tees as you can with one hand for RM1. I had big hands Wink
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:27 am

i am using the brush-tee.. it does not give you extra dist, but it does not fly away the swing and it is still good after one whole year of use...

i was given a very short tee (about a inch or so only) by the golf courses in kuming... very handy for iron shot, but i kept dropping them off my ball pouch leh... cant seen to find it in singapore (the standard one is 2 inches or so, right?)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:16 am

broken tees from the tee boxes, if u look for it, they are always there.........

only buy tees for the driver......after i broke the tees, it become tees for irons/woods
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 am

[quote="Lamts18"]
Ssquirrel wrote:

Lai leh, since you got so much, pass a bit to me to try leh. I keep losing them and it quite ex in singapore.
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:48 am

slinger wrote:
broken tees from the tee boxes, if u look for it, they are always there.........

only buy tees for the driver......after i broke the tees, it become tees for irons/woods

hehe...same as me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 am

shorthitter wrote:
sniffydog wrote:

2 cents worth here.....

If you use a long tee for your iron, (more of the tee is in the ground than out) then sometimes at impact if the tee does not break or come out of the ground then it will pull open the face or slow down the club so much as to affect impact.

As others suggest here look for broken tee's or break one of yours...

Short tee's for irons, if your tee is longer than your divot is likely to be deep, you will have problems....

anything advice that can improve my game is good advice. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 pm

I always buy plastic tee from PS Daiso $2 shop, a packet of 76mm and 40mm costs only $2. Twisted Evil

Remember last time, so happen a new stocks arrived and i whacked all the 76mm and 40mm plastic tee, total 22 packets.....think that stock can last me a long long time lol!

Yes i do pick up left over wooden or plastic tees alot....i always pass to Uncle Ah Tee (it actually belongs to him ! )

Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what kind of tees do you use for irons?   what kind of tees do you use for irons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what kind of tees do you use for irons?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next