Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which shaft do you prefer?

Go down 
+11
slinger
golf_snowman
TObe
ghoonk
shamusan
JonL_TK
Yarra
watermyforrest
eiji
duffader
TigaWood
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Project X
Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
KBS
Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap69%Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 69% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 am

Tempted to vote for PX as I prefer the looks. But that would be unfair since I haven't tried the KBS...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am

seebayho wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
I have the satin px in 5.0 flex as well as the kbs tour stiff. Both offer fantastic feel, the smooth yet stable whip that i like, but I lose distance with the kbs tour stiff - suspect that it is too stiff for my swing speed, but they are both as accurate as long as my swing is consistent.

Want to sell your PX satin?

I can tell you that these satins PX were such a rare thing these days, it'll be great if you can snatch it off ghoonk's hands!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:45 am

Yarra wrote:
shamusan wrote:
personally, i love the PX on my irons but i use KBS for my wedges... i find that used on the same heads, the PX gives me a lower launch which i like a lot...

Exactly what i found out, the KBS has a higher launch than the PX. But KBS' wedge shaft was great! I'll get the new DG Spinner tomorrow and I will put an identical head to my current wedge (with Rifle Spinner) and compare the two head-to-head. Wish I had the FST HiRev too, so we can have a 3-way fight. Too bad BFG didn't have any more stock when I was there... Crying or Very sad

hi bro

i have the FST HiRev fitted on my wedge...if you are interested to test it out, feel free to let me know..can loan it to you..keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:48 am

Yarra wrote:

I can tell you that these satins PX were such a rare thing these days, it'll be great if you can snatch it off ghoonk's hands!

i agree..... got money cannot buy

ghoonk: if u do sell, u know wat to do lor.... buy kopi for the den
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
Yarra wrote:
shamusan wrote:
personally, i love the PX on my irons but i use KBS for my wedges... i find that used on the same heads, the PX gives me a lower launch which i like a lot...

Exactly what i found out, the KBS has a higher launch than the PX. But KBS' wedge shaft was great! I'll get the new DG Spinner tomorrow and I will put an identical head to my current wedge (with Rifle Spinner) and compare the two head-to-head. Wish I had the FST HiRev too, so we can have a 3-way fight. Too bad BFG didn't have any more stock when I was there... Crying or Very sad

hi bro

i have the FST HiRev fitted on my wedge...if you are interested to test it out, feel free to let me know..can loan it to you..keke

snowman

I would love to, but I am in Indonesia... Hehehe...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:46 pm

duffader wrote:
Any comments about the PX flighted shafts???

Higher ballflight on the longer irons, good if you need a bit more carry, but that's pretty much it for me. I still prefer the feel of the satins, compared to the chromed/new PX - satin feels softer, chrome more harsh, but distance is about the same.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:51 pm

seebayho wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
I have the satin px in 5.0 flex as well as the kbs tour stiff. Both offer fantastic feel, the smooth yet stable whip that i like, but I lose distance with the kbs tour stiff - suspect that it is too stiff for my swing speed, but they are both as accurate as long as my swing is consistent.

All my PX satin shafts are already blueprinted and shafted into 'prized' heads, aka the RAC MB heads I got from Scott Verplank and Sergio Garcia Smile

The last time we played at MBGC and you scored that HIO, I was using that setup - think you also tried them out at the range at SSN after that. Will let you have a go at them again when we play next time Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Yarra wrote:
seebayho wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

As the case may be, I'm trying to get my hands on another set now if I can even find one set of satin PX5.0...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 pm

slinger wrote:
Yarra wrote:

eh, if I get my hands on a set for a reasonable price, I'll buy kopi for the den! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Been wanting to get the PX and recently, finally got it but lost distance due to lower ball fight and lesser carry.
ate the humble pie and traded it with a bro on this forum, hope it works for him

my perception is that PX is a different type of beast altogether having tried DG, the previous Precision Rifle Shaft (before taken over by True Temper), NS Pro in the past.

for strong hitters... you will like PX. Dispersion is tight and if you have the strength, you will not lose (much) distance.

never tried KBS before... probably dun itchy backside....
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 pm

pocketace wrote:
Been wanting to get the PX and recently, finally got it but lost distance due to lower ball fight and lesser carry.
ate the humble pie and traded it with a bro on this forum, hope it works for him

my perception is that PX is a different type of beast altogether having tried DG, the previous Precision Rifle Shaft (before taken over by True Temper), NS Pro in the past.

for strong hitters... you will like PX. Dispersion is tight and if you have the strength, you will not lose (much) distance.

never tried KBS before... probably dun itchy backside....

Funny thing is: I actually gained some with satin PX over the DG!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Yarra wrote:
seebayho wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

As the case may be, I'm trying to get my hands on another set now if I can even find one set of satin PX5.0...

I got 3 at the beginning of the year and sold 2... Regretting it, but I got a deal with the buyer: if he is selling it again, he has to sell them to me!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Same here, but then again I'm playing satin PX5.0 vs DG S300 Razz
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 pm

slinger wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Wow, you all trying to push up the price ah?
The SGX call this cornering the market! Which is illegal.

Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Same here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:00 pm

seebayho wrote:
slinger wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Not trying to jack up the price in any way, as there is no way I am going to sell my last set of PX satin!
Back to top Go down
foolwalking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
foolwalking

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:57 pm

actually for bros keen on the PX Satin, there are some crazy pricing now on golfSmith. I had gotten a set for myself too Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm

seebayho wrote:
slinger wrote:
Yarra wrote:

only when u get caught......
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 pm

i like stiff shafts... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm

The PX gives me a very stout hollow feel at impact. I tried to play w them when they 1st came out w my 07 X-Forged....results weren't ideal.

I grew up playing DG which were soft butt, tip stiff shafts. That usual 'loading of the shaft' from the shaft butt feeling was something I am used to for years.

The KBS is what the DG is all it's suppose to be and more. The difference in feel is due to their different stepping pattern which somehow smoothens out the harshness that the DG is known for. Also on a trackman for me, it's proven to have a noticeably less rpm profile even with the higher ball flight than the DG-something I have fought for years when playing into headwinds.

The PX (6.0) which I had spun way more than the DG with the loading (or lack of it) being very noticeable as it is an unstepped shaft, making the butt stiffer than the tip. When I tried to go up in frequency to a 6.5 n the 7.0, the harsh feeling was even more pronounced than the DG.

Most impt is what feels right for u w the proper data proven in black and white. There is no 'one's better than the other'. Phil Mickelson plays PX. EE plays KBS and TW plays DG. Each swings it differently and has proven success using all 3 different shafts. Best is to try all and decide for urself.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Yarra wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

Same here! Very Happy

eh, you're also using 5.0??? No way!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

foolwalking wrote:
actually for bros keen on the PX Satin, there are some crazy pricing now on golfSmith. I had gotten a set for myself too Smile

bro, the USD9.99 per shaft looks like chrome PX, not satin PX...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Yarra wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

Same here! Very Happy

eh, you're also using 5.0??? No way!

I was using PX 5.0 (satin) and now I am on N.S. Pro Superpeening Blue regular...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm

ghoonk wrote:
foolwalking wrote:

bro, the USD9.99 per shaft looks like chrome PX, not satin PX...

NO ONE has brand new satin PX anymore. Only one guy I now in San Francisco has them brand new, and I don't even wanna ask him for the price...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which shaft do you prefer?   Which shaft do you prefer? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2