Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman

Go down 
+7
tronos
eiji
weesern
golf_snowman
TigaWood
DGman
alex khoo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
alex khoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman Empty
PostSubject: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman Trackman_pga_vs_lpga_data
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:03 am

this is a compilation of data collected from the tour.

for most male golfers, it is best to compare their stats to the ladies averages when making comparison.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:26 am

DGman wrote:
this is a compilation of data collected from the tour.

for most male golfers, it is best to compare their stats to the ladies averages when making comparison.

DGman

Chief, can you educate us on the angle of attack and the vertical stats?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:32 am

bro SBH...

i was about to ask the same questions too...haha !!

I wonder trackman's website provide any explanation for these terms....
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 am

My club speed is quite close to the tour average.... LPGA Tour.... ROFL
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 am

I will be happy to achieve the LPGA standards of speed, smash factor consistently
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm

angle of attack can reveal a few things - swing characteristic, suitability of shaft - torque and flex, ball position, etc

maximum ball height also shows if there is optimisation on impact.

there are more.

Trackman themselves do not teach too many aspect as they are a developer. its the club fitter who needs to understand this figures and use them to the best of their abilities.

DGman
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 pm

wah i am below LPGA average across the board, to ladies 1/2 my size and 1 foot shorter. Would like to see the avg FW hits, GIR etc. Suspect the ladies average maybe more accurate in certain stats. Also does the stats indicate the guys like to dig more or they are just taller?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:24 pm

DGman wrote:
angle of attack can reveal a few things - swing characteristic, suitability of shaft - torque and flex, ball position, etc

maximum ball height also shows if there is optimisation on impact.

there are more.

Trackman themselves do not teach too many aspect as they are a developer. its the club fitter who needs to understand this figures and use them to the best of their abilities.

DGman

I really need to spend more time as an apprentice at the Den to understand this in depth..! Hope you don't get bored with me and the Ambon! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm not even close to the LPGA Tour average numbers.

Can someone post the numbers for the primary 3 school girls so that I can see if I am close to those numbers?
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

112mph club speed to get 269y on the driver seems abit short no?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:34 pm

solarpop wrote:
112mph club speed to get 269y on the driver seems abit short no?

Do you notice that it is actually carry distance, not total distance? Take descend angle and spin rate into consideration, I think it could result to about 15-20 yards of roll.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:03 am

in the US, the roll can be alot more than 20 yards.

i don't think i will be bored of the Ambon. Pushslice came by with Kueh Lapis and i grilled him if you have passed him any Ambon.

Apparently the best ones are from Medan...true or false.

see you soon..apprentice.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 am

DGman wrote:
Apparently the best ones are from Medan...true or false.

see you soon..apprentice.

DGman

So true! I am kinda hoping to get someone to come over from Medan just before I depart on my next trip to S'pore. And I really can't wait to spend time with you guys again at the Den, it's always fun! Looking forward to the Barclay's, too!
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 am

I understand that PGA stats always talk about carry and never total distance. Just that it seems kinda short.. was expecting something more like 290yards. Considering that they're pros, i would assume that their equipment would be optimzied to get ideal launch angles, etc. Anyway if this is accurate then i guess i gotta retune my own estimation
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 am

It's about accurate, in my opinion. I saw for myself how Justin Klahan did it: with around 115 mph he clocked about 282 yards of carry, about 2800 rpm of spin (if my memory serves me right on this) and close to 310 yards of total distance on Trackman...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 am

there are new upgrades coming...we should know what the new software can do soon.

DGman
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:08 am

Boss

I vaguely remember there was a Trackman voucher in the last GR Tourney. How can we use that voucher? And what can we expect from the visit to BFG?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman   PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PGA tour vs LPGA tour trackman
Page 1 of 1