Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range

Go down 
+4
VV
bomby
asahi
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range Empty
PostSubject: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Well....other than goin there for makan, Stary nite and games, I seldom go there.

BUT unfortunately due to an upcoming game, I had an uncomfortable feeling that my perceived thoughts of having good shots need to be validated.

So today morning...after dropping kid at tution, I have 1.5 hours to KLKK...and decided to test my quality (if any) of my perceived build up of good shots.

To my horror....getting a bay at MBGC is a nitemare.....I don go to ground flr coz std not good enough. Usually avoid 2nd flr coz afraid ppl might gather and laugh at my swing....anyways, both also no bay....

so went up to 3rd flr.....happy like bird when I walked past the makan joint to see a few empty bays fm a distance....BUT to my horror....every of these bays were filled by handful of range balls....and seems like everybody there is waiting for somebody... I did not asked if the chope-ers can let me quickly hit 50balls becos all these youngsters....they dress up so well....cozing me to think that they are pro...till I see them swing...

SI PEK SIAN.....

eventually waited for a while and got a bay....and quickly hit.....wah piang...beside me arrive a family with infants and 3years olds......

well blessing in disguise.....I think I used up 50 bad swings....which possible could mean that I removed 50 bad swings in preparation for 18th game......SIGH x10

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:35 pm

So 9-9 from you? Hahaha
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:42 pm

For me is if cannot play well at least look good and pro.

So that's why bought lots of clothings from the recent sales.
Back to top Go down
VV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VV

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:04 pm

I notice that MBGC has this trend of bay chopping. Does it happen at other range too? There was once that I witness a stranger used up his clubs from his bag to chop the bay....haiz.....will next time be tissue?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 pm

VV, this is quite a common practice here. I think it is a spillover from chopping on lunch or dinner table in hawker centre Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Don't mind if they chope and go get balls. Just so inconsiderate when they chope and disappear for a long time to go chat with friends in other bays.

Range owners should do something about it by establishing a 5 to 10 minute time limit on choping.

Notice someone too long away from the bay, just report and marshall remove the offending clubs. Do a few times, problem solved. Wink
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:59 pm

so disgusted!! ewww... inconsiderate ass is everywhere.. and unfortunately... they are starting to play golf too!? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:52 pm

abt 2 weeks ago I was at ground floor and there was a group of learners with a coach, think they are Jap. This guy swing his driver so hard that he stripped off the mat. I then realized all the possible sides of the mat were ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range   An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An englightenment ...day at Marina Golf Range
Page 1 of 1