Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maruman Verity Red-V iron set

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Maruman Verity Red-V iron set Empty
PostSubject: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Anyone with feedback on the above iron set?
Worth buying for a noob and beginner like myself, it going for 680 before the HSBC and IPC 10/10, it comes with a free bag too.

Thanks!

Is it a too beginner set to begain with that will not last for long?

Please advise. thanks
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:26 am

Anyone?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 am

Hey TeD, have you read the Golf Asia magazine where they review a whole bunch of different iron sets? That's a good gauge of what to buy and they even separate the iron sets into different levels depending on the golfer's experience etc.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 am

Just puzzled? why none of Maruman iron is mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 am

They typically review US-brands or mainstream brands. You don't often see brands from the UK (Snake Eyes, Benross etc) or the Jap/Korean brands being mentioned (aside from Mizuno since it's very mainstream). However, they do discuss them once in a while.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:43 am

I see i see, maybe i start off with a beginner iron set with box cavity then move on, nobody have just 1 set of iron right? will upgrade as time goes on?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 am

TeD wrote:
I see i see, maybe i start off with a beginner iron set with box cavity then move on, nobody have just 1 set of iron right? will upgrade as time goes on?

On the contrary, a lot of golfers have just 1 set. This makes good sense if you're new. So, if you buy a good newbie-starter set, use it well and take great care of it, it would have a good resale value. There'll be others who will want to take up the game and they can definitely consider your "used" set if it's in good condition. In fact, you may end up using your first set for many years since you get really used to it Smile I used my first Ping set for a good 5 years and it was a 2nd hand set too!

I wouldn't keep 2 sets of irons because it takes up space and it's unnecessary. You end up playing with just one iron set anyway. What people have 2 (and more) of are the more specialized clubs like drivers, wedges and putters. These depend on feel and can be upgraded from time to time. There's also a great 2nd hand market in Singapore for all these clubs.

HTH Smile
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:15 am

understood! hope i can progress well and stable (still got to wait for me) to join you guys.
See you guys soon!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am

TeD wrote:
understood! hope i can progress well and stable (still got to wait for me) to join you guys.
See you guys soon!

No worries, TeD. There are lots of golfers who are starting out. Believe you me, I feel like I should have a golf refresh and start out again. So, take your time. Enjoy your lessons and I look forward to playing with you soon, as I'm sure others do as well Smile
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Cheers! going down isetan to get the iron set!!!!
Think the guy from transview by the name of sunny quite nice and patient!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maruman Verity Red-V iron set   Maruman Verity Red-V iron set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maruman Verity Red-V iron set
Page 1 of 1