Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids

Go down 
+10
JL_chong
shamusan
4dtoto
gmani
asahi
golf_snowman
zalik22
Exigence78
fredc
mengteck71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Anyone has tried any of the above and able to give a review compared to those that you have tried before?
Back to top Go down
fredc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
fredc

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Go for the Nike Demo this Thur (6-10pm) & Sat (1-6pm) at OCC and you will have a first hand experience.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm

thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Exigence78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 am

Just to share...Golf House has brought in the VR Forged Irons (Project X shaft) and selling it at $900+ only.

I bought a set and tried out at the range - nice feel.

So far, I understand that only the Taka Br has it...maybe you guys can call and check it out....

Lukewa only sells the NSPro version:)
Back to top Go down
zalik22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Lots of good reviews online, apparently these are supposed to be one of the best clubs Nike has ever made.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Not long ago, I bought a VR 3FW from one of our GR bro here...that is my first FW..had never hit a FW before..have always been using Hybride clubs.

I have heard people say FW, especially #3FW is not easy to handle but to my surprise, this VR 3FW is not as tough as i expected it to be.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the shaft flex. I find the shaft rather soft at R-flex, might consider to change off the shaft to something firmer.

On good days, this FW drive the balls to about 190 to 200m...

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:59 pm

So good ah?

Try try leh.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:59 pm

asahi wrote:
So good ah?

Try try leh.

like my friends always like to suan me "it's not the arrow, it's the indian lah"....haha

so i have to admit..i really need to train harder ..me still a long way to go...haha !!
Back to top Go down
zalik22
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Here is a summary of a review on these clubs:

Conclusion

Over the last few years, Nike have worked hard to round out their bag. Apart from the putter, where the introduction of the Method seemed to fill in the void there, the driver, fairway wood and hybrids have not received the plaudits of their other clubs, especially from the better players. With the new SQ Machspeed taking care of the rest of the handicap range, it leaves the VR range to cater for these better players.

The low-launch low-spin combo from the driver will win a lot of friends amongst this segment of players. The addition of the compression channel and the greater number of face angle options means that these clubs have it all over the previous generation. Given how good the Dymo STR8-FIT was, this is a real achievement. The backwards compatibility means that those who bought a Dymo STR8-FIT can use the shaft from that club in the VR version if they wish. For those that want to look down on a more classic looking version, there is also the Victory Red 420 which brings a classic pear shaped head with a non-adjustable hosel. The fairway wood is also very good but the jury is out on the hybrid, not because it isn't very good but more that there are so many good hybrids available that to stand out from the crowd requires something special.

Another great effort from Nike as they bring out another range of technically ground-breaking clubs that are seriously good.
Back to top Go down
gmani
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: it is not the equipment that matters but you as a player. Mental must be strong when u play ur game.   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:30 am

mengteck71 wrote:
Anyone has tried any of the above and able to give a review compared to those that youit have tried before?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 am

:p
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am

mmmm.....qmani !!....Sound Familiar...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:12 pm

eh, not sure if this is the right place
but has anyone tried the VR wedges?
any reviews??

thanks
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 pm

I have the VR V-REV 52* and 58*. I would say the performance and feel can matech the Vokeys.. however, it does not spin as much as the spin milled.

Anyway, I cant back spin or stop the ball even with spin milled. So no difference to me. No regrets using the VR V-Rev
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:06 pm

The old VR Wedge is excellent, cheap n good, gotten myself a 60 Degree. Cant find the 52 Degree liao...sad...
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

JL_chong wrote:
The old VR Wedge is excellent, cheap n good, gotten myself a 60 Degree. Cant find the 52 Degree liao...sad...

I agree JL!

So good that I bought a new spare 56/14 to bring back to the Middle East as a standby.

The 52 is truly hard to find and the only piece available when I checked 2 mths ago was in Taka. BUt you are not ever gonna get Lukewa's price for that piece!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 pm

order online for the 52/10 V Rev :p
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:16 pm

i saw it at this shop where the old nike store was... at ubi something... they had the 52 degree AW for a decent price...

thanks for the advice... i think i'll get the 56 and 60 to try...
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

shamusan wrote:
i saw it at this shop where the old nike store was... at ubi something... they had the 52 degree AW for a decent price...

thanks for the advice... i think i'll get the 56 and 60 to try...
wah where huh?!... isit Enterprise One?!! How much they selling??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
PXMAN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:31 am

I think the shop at Enterprise One is selling VR wedge @ S$149.00 (or S$139 i can't recall). Jurongtiger is right that you can't Lukewa price elsewhere for the VR wedge. i was there few days ago and the VR wedge seems like fast-moving. Majority left-over are lofts with low bounce.
Back to top Go down
g600d
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Anybody playing with the VR hybrids? Still like the square look of the Sumo2 series.
Back to top Go down
goooof
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Anyone playing Nike VR Driver? Considering to buy one. thx
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:49 am

Anyone gamung the 3F and 5F? Is there version of non-strifit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids   NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NIKE VR Driver, Woods and Hybrids
Page 1 of 1