Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poresia Golf

Go down 
+16
dannylim6
DimWit Kid
S70B
iron eagle
Tituman
nutty88
ChrisD
slinger
Duval_S
poresia
jimmychoo
nientsu
mloy
TheFocalPoint
asahi
syard-txv
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Poresia Golf - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 am

By the way, I am a Senior Citizen liao and just received a notification letter inviting us to upgrade to full member for another $1k and with subcription fees reduced from next year to $580. I have the following queries and hope to receive some answers.

1) I am currently given 12 months free subscription fees start from 30 Aug'11 when I joined and will expire in Jul'11. Poresia "tipu" me 1 whole month because they use month instead of actual date. How much did you guys pay for the different AM/PM and full membership per month. I will be paying am paying $42/month when the offer expire.

2) The Poresia local office seems to be very political with each salesman backstabbing each other. Anyone have such experience? My God, I received sp much harrassments from my salesman until I "buay tahan" and told him to stop harrassing me as he called me at least 8 to 10 times a day and even at night to request for friends hp number as he can call them directly to promote Poresia.

3) I wrote to the Japanese GM Hashimoto 2 weeks ago suggesting improvements to the club but has yet to received a response.

4) Do you guys have to constantly give tips to the Starter?

Please help provide some answers to the above queries.

Cheers!

TDO
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:45 am

Hi Guys,

It's me again. my colleague and me would like to join your flight this Sat AM if there's slots available.

Please sms me at 93807482 for more details.

Cheers!

TDO
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Starters tip depend on individual if u play Sat very crowded tips would helpful !

I normally give tip to the Changing Room staff and Caddy when u r leaving carry your golf bags into car!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:03 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Starters tip depend on individual if u play Sat very crowded tips would helpful !

I normally give tip to the Changing Room staff and Caddy when u r leaving carry your golf bags into car!

That 2 areas we sure give. But starter asking for it as we are only 2 balls. But we are not allowed to tee off earlier and given last flight and still have to give tips. ON top of that, we have to pay the penalty of an additional 1 ball buggy fees. Geez! This is not right.

There have to be at least 3 balls in order to have normal or early tee time, depending on availability. Over the past 3 occasions that I played it's not fully booked.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 pm

dun waste time to write to GM. they will not do anything. grass on tee box is like rough and usually slanting. pai seh to bring my overseas guests to play there.

i have been a member for last 7 years and finally i gave it up this year.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 pm

That's sad to hear. And now Poresia is trying to attract more members by offering more goodies. This is a club where members have no voting rights. Meaning we have no say in how they manage the club.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 am

I ve been the club afternoon member since 1999 paid $5k to join, my brother paid

$12K to join afternoon way back 1996. Those days I played Sat afternoon this place was

like fish market, very crowded, see lots of familar faces. nowadays you don't see them

anymore, sad to say many gave up, Golf crazy has probably die down a bit, especially

senior golfers play and play never improve, so best way out ? give up golf!

Now Poresia send letter asking member to upgrade to SAA and pay extra $1K

and annual subscription $580.00. Getting desperate to get more kakis /member

to join... Poresia due to its proscimity to SG they can survive easily unlike those far away

Golf clubs are surfering, golfers decline, so they too have special offers, cheap cheap!!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 am

TDO wrote:
By the way, I am a Senior Citizen liao and just received a notification letter inviting us to upgrade to full member for another $1k and with subcription fees reduced from next year to $580. I have the following queries and hope to receive some answers.

1) I am currently given 12 months free subscription fees start from 30 Aug'11 when I joined and will expire in Jul'11. Poresia "tipu" me 1 whole month because they use month instead of actual date. How much did you guys pay for the different AM/PM and full membership per month. I will be paying am paying $42/month when the offer expire.

2) The Poresia local office seems to be very political with each salesman backstabbing each other. Anyone have such experience? My God, I received sp much harrassments from my salesman until I "buay tahan" and told him to stop harrassing me as he called me at least 8 to 10 times a day and even at night to request for friends hp number as he can call them directly to promote Poresia.

3) I wrote to the Japanese GM Hashimoto 2 weeks ago suggesting improvements to the club but has yet to received a response.

4) Do you guys have to constantly give tips to the Starter?

Please help provide some answers to the above queries.

Cheers!

TDO

I am glad someone re-inforced my experience dealing with their staffs....yes, it was very clear to me after a few phone calls recently that the staffs are backstabbing each other by pushing me around, and giving me conflicting information on green fees/promotion deals etc. I mentioned this in another post here that it seems there is an obvious lack of good leadership in the management to maintain a good team.

Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

IMHO.

Poresia is good, for what it's worth. No frills, good pricing. Where can u get a club in jb that is 15 mins away and cost about 2k-ish lifetime.

I do agree that the service left a lot to be desired and course condition could have been better. But that's what u grt for that price.

If u want tmcc standard then......don't join Poresia. Key thing is....join with ur eyes open and manage ur expectation. No one forced u to fork out the cash if you dont like it.....

Been a member there for about 15 months. All i can say is that it fits my most basic needs. That is to have a nice bunch of people to play golf on a weekend morning that is affordable and is able to go back SG early.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm

nientsu wrote:
IMHO.

Poresia is good, for what it's worth. No frills, good pricing. Where can u get a club in jb that is 15 mins away and cost about 2k-ish lifetime.

I do agree that the service left a lot to be desired and course condition could have been better. But that's what u grt for that price.

If u want tmcc standard then......don't join Poresia. Key thing is....join with ur eyes open and manage ur expectation. No one forced u to fork out the cash if you dont like it.....

Been a member there for about 15 months. All i can say is that it fits my most basic needs. That is to have a nice bunch of people to play golf on a weekend morning that is affordable and is able to go back SG early.

Bro,

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the club is no good. What I need is some answers to my queries.

I like the course as it is. No buggy on fairway is good as a form of exercise.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm

nientsu wrote:
IMHO.

fully agreed. u only need to pay buggy fee RM38 for 18 holes on weekends and be back to sing by 1-2pm. cant expect too much on course conditions, staff service level, buggy conditions etc.

i fully enjoyed my last 7 years playing there every saturday morning.

i quit poresia n joined nsrcc bcos i need a club in singapore where my wife n sons can play 9 holes on sunday afternoons.

u can consider their half membership, either weekend, morning or afternoon. cheaper monthly subscription. bte S$32.50-S$40 per month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poresia Golf   Poresia Golf - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poresia Golf
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5