Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skinz - what brands they have in the market

Go down 
+4
weesern
who8168
Lamts18
jaketang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Skinz - what brands they have in the market Empty
PostSubject: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi ppl,

Sorry i if someone have posted this before.

I will very curious on the type or brand of skinz available in the market. Anyone can share it here? (with the web-site) Feel like comparing a few before i buy it.

Well i am also keen in buying those shorts or tights if you call it. (for other sports as well)

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:26 pm

i have not tried the others (Mizuno, Nike etc ) but IMHO, the Skins is the best. Cheers
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Other brands of Skins-like compression garments are Nike Pro, Mizuno Bio Gear, Adidas Techfit, Under Armour HeatGear, Body Science Compression. You may want to do more research before deciding on which one to buy.

I am using Skins Ice, & it feels really good when i perspire cos it keeps me cool. Can't tell if it helps with preventing my lactic acid build up or muscle recovery though. Embarassed

I have not tried other brands so can't tell you if Skins is better than the rest. However, my friend who is using Skins CROM now have used the Nike one before and he said Skins definitely feels better.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:30 pm

u only feel cool when the wind blows, it on a stale day, u dun really feel the menthol... on rainy days..... its damn cold when the wind blows.... tats the feedback i got from my friends
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:35 pm

weesern wrote:
u only feel cool when the wind blows, it on a stale day, u dun really feel the menthol... on rainy days..... its damn cold when the wind blows.... tats the feedback i got from my friends

Generally i feel warmer than most people, so i never really feel cold, except 1 time when I got soaked in the rain with ICE, then went into the air-con pro shop back in the club house. Brrr.....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:36 pm

I played with my Mizuno Bio Gear yesterday. Quite good though I'm not sure about the UV protection. Cheaper than Skins but perhaps not as solid. I felt that Skins were more body hugging. Overall, I like my Mizuno Bio Gear but would likely get myself another set of Skins. I've got 2 Bio Gears and 1 Skins now.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I played with my Mizuno Bio Gear yesterday. Quite good though I'm not sure about the UV protection. Cheaper than Skins but perhaps not as solid. I felt that Skins were more body hugging. Overall, I like my Mizuno Bio Gear but would likely get myself another set of Skins. I've got 2 Bio Gears and 1 Skins now.
Err... why u need more than 1 for each brand? Different colors for different golf attire for the day izzit?
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Hmmm, I've been wondering if I should get the Skins ICE or the CROM.

The ICE helps with a cooling effect, which the CROM doesn't have, am I right? Will you feel warm with the CROM?

Sorry for asking basic questions about this. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:54 pm

i am thinking of getting the "skinz" for golf purpose...

and the tights (shorts) for other sports like running n playing basketball.. i know it somehow will lessen the risk of hamstrings, etc...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:59 pm

who8168 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Err... why u need more than 1 for each brand? Different colors for different golf attire for the day izzit?

Good question. First Bio Gear was black which I got at a steal (only cos it was black). Playable if the game is in the afternoon/evening. Liked it but didn't use it much. Then picked up the Skins (blue) from the Den which I like. However, didn't quite like the blue. More recently, had some vouchers so used them to get another Bio Gear from GH but this time in white.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I have Adidas techfit from Amazon quite sometimes back and also Skins. IMO, Skins is still better. Beside the top, I also have the half thigh from Skins also. I love it. Used it for playing football/futsal, really benefited me especially the prevention of latic acid built up.

Beside Skins and Adidas, I considered these brands Under Armour (hard to find in Singapore), Nike Pro, and Canterbury IonX (available in Canterbury shop in HMV or Peninsula). Mizuno Bio Gear doesn't have the size for me when I visited Suntec's GH .
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:18 pm

so the skins do provide thigh too?

wonder if we can find at the isetan sales.... can use voucher and the card...
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 pm

jake... if u want to buy skins tights.. i think best u go eric there.. not that i am trying to promote BFG or anything, but when i went down to the isetan sale.. i found that even during the sale period, the skins on sale there is significantly more expensive than at BFG..

only thing is... if u go BFG... it will start a life-long addiction...
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Ken_ wrote:
Hmmm, I've been wondering if I should get the Skins ICE or the CROM.

The ICE helps with a cooling effect, which the CROM doesn't have, am I right? Will you feel warm with the CROM?

Sorry for asking basic questions about this. Embarassed

No worries....
My friend who uses CROM said he feels cool with it compared to not having any Skins on. But ICE will definitely feel cooler b'cos of the menthol.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:22 pm

okay....

they accept cash only right? who can i check the price huh? i mean a rough price...(scare i bring not enuff cash)
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 pm

You should give Big Fish a call - 64712272.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 pm

cash and credit card is accepted... only no nets... heehee...
Back to top Go down
Ken_
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ken_

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:20 pm

who8168 wrote:
No worries....
My friend who uses CROM said he feels cool with it compared to not having any Skins on. But ICE will definitely feel cooler b'cos of the menthol.

who8168, thanks for the inputs. I think I'll go with CROM then - the color looks cool. Razz
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:57 pm

the material of the slate crom is very nice, it feels very smooth.. and the colour looks like this box in which i am currently typing in..

think of gettting one for myself too.. haha..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skinz - what brands they have in the market   Skinz - what brands they have in the market I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skinz - what brands they have in the market
Page 1 of 1