Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaft Tok

Go down 
+6
shotah
Technospaz
watermyforrest
AXIV
jaketang
SC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Went to Isetan sales wanting to buy the R7 limited edition but 10.5* sold out, saw this interesting R7 CGB Max Limited and bought it instead.

This is an interesting package in that it includes the R7 cgb club head with 3 shafts and a wrench for DIY shaft changing, The 3 shafts included are:
Matrix Ozik x-con 55g,
Fujikura Rombax 75g,
Mitsubishi Diamana white board 65g

Guess I am spoilt for choice experiencing different shafts, one of the reasons I bought this package is really to get to learn about shafts and how they impact my swing.

Think I will start off with the 55g Ozik and work myself up to the 75g Rombax to understand more about the differences.

As I am a shaft newbie, insight on the above shafts will be appreciated, for that matter, any sharing of experience on shafts options and characteristic are much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:01 am

i think if u really wan to learn more on shaft, i suggest u go to the den and look for eric....

he will be able to advise, suggest after looking at your swing (also via the swing monitor to det yr swing speed) etc....
Back to top Go down
AXIV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:31 am

jaketang wrote:
i think if u really wan to learn more on shaft, i suggest u go to the den and look for eric....

he will be able to advise, suggest after looking at your swing (also via the swing monitor to det yr swing speed) etc....

Does he have all the different shatfs to test in the R7 head?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 am

Yep, den is the place....

Or else just whack them at the range and find which one has the most distance with the least dispersion... in other word: grip and rip it straight Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AXIV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 am

watermyforrest wrote:

Or else just whack them at the range and find which one has the most distance with the least dispersion... in other word: grip and rip it straight Twisted Evil

What about launch angle, effective loft, spin, spin axis and attack angle. These need to be measured with the the shafts in the R7 head?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

SC wrote:
Went to Isetan sales wanting to buy the R7 limited edition but 10.5* sold out, saw this interesting R7 CGB Max Limited and bought it instead.

This is an interesting package in that it includes the R7 cgb club head with 3 shafts and a wrench for DIY shaft changing, The 3 shafts included are:
Matrix Ozik x-con 55g,
Fujikura Rombax 75g,

Guess I am spoilt for choice experiencing different shafts, one of the reasons I bought this package is really to get to learn about shafts and how they impact my swing.

Think I will start off with the 55g Ozik and work myself up to the 75g Rombax to understand more about the differences.

As I am a shaft newbie, insight on the above shafts will be appreciated, for that matter, any sharing of experience on shafts options and characteristic are much appreciated.

Hey SC, this is an interesting package. Might I ask how much it cost you?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:43 am

i believe Eric shld have enough shaft for your tesing... dun think he is a good club fitter for no reason...lolz....

give eric a call and arrange for a time....

cheers..
Back to top Go down
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Technospaz wrote:
SC wrote:

Matrix Ozik x-con 55g,
Fujikura Rombax 75g,

$399
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

AXIV wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:

What about launch angle, effective loft, spin, spin axis and attack angle. These need to be measured with the the shafts in the R7 head?

AXIV, do you have all the necessary equipment like you mentioned in your post?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 pm

SC wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
SC wrote:

Matrix Ozik x-con 55g,
Fujikura Rombax 75g,

$399

Pretty good since the shafts themselves aren't cheap. Will you be demo'ing the wonders of the club this Saturday? Wink
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Technospaz wrote:
SC wrote:

$399

Pretty good since the shafts themselves aren't cheap. Will you be demo'ing the wonders of the club this Saturday? Wink

Err not to burst your bubble but these are not the actual models, but watered down "made for taylormade" versions of the shaft instead. Brand new matrix xcon alone probably more than $300 already.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:11 pm

399 for 3 different shafts, plus a head? that's hell of a good deal, even though teh shafts are OEM for TM. I thought this multi shaft deal is only available for R9.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:15 pm

pretty good deal..the standard CGB max was selling for $269 during the last GN sale, so considering this no not GN, an extra $131 gets you an upgraded shaft (although not the original, still not bad....original shafts will cost a bomb, although i think they are overpriced but no choice, they dont sell the head to offset the cost)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:05 pm

solarpop wrote:
Err not to burst your bubble but these are not the actual models, but watered down "made for taylormade" versions of the shaft instead. Brand new matrix xcon alone probably more than $300 already.

Yeah, I thought as much but it's still a good deal.

freedrop wrote:
399 for 3 different shafts, plus a head? that's hell of a good deal, even though teh shafts are OEM for TM. I thought this multi shaft deal is only available for R9.

There's a deal like for this the R9? I didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Got down to fix the shaft to the clubhead just, was feeling the 3 different shafts and playing around trying to bend the shafts to identify the kick point, didn't think I was successful doing that...

Btw, does anybody know where can I get rubber tee that has a real tee sticking up through the mat, saw many people using them in ranges, excuse me for my noob question Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:02 am

saw some at golf house! and the nikegolf store at bishan has it too. it's called the distance tee or something.. abt 10 bucks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 am

SC wrote:
Btw, does anybody know where can I get rubber tee that has a real tee sticking up through the mat, saw many people using them in ranges, excuse me for my noob question Embarassed

I saw them at Creative Golf recently.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am

sorry ah borrow this thread but i've got a question abt shafts too. this one's for irons.

just wondering how ball flight is measured. certain shafts have so-called different ball flights as such for example;

Dynamic Gold Sensicore (R300 124g, S300 124g, X100 128g) - Low Ball Flight
Dynamic Gold Superlite Sensicore (R300 109g, S300 111g, X100 113g) - Low Ball Flight
Dynalite Gold XP Sensicore (R300 113g, S300 117g) - High Ball Flight

does this mean if i were to have my irons fitted with the dynamic gold superlite i'd have a low, boring sort of ball flight and hence that shaft would be better for windy conditions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaft Tok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft Tok   Shaft Tok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaft Tok
Page 1 of 1