Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food @ MBGC

Go down 
+19
4dtoto
wilkang
jurongtiger
joshcct
Elysium
daveaha
jumboburger1376
Genesis
JonL_TK
bugaboo
Birdman
mysticsea
pushslice
eiji
nientsu
golfchowmk
Tituman
Technospaz
Duval_S
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Was there last nite to checkout the tity wedge after experiencing it at Stary x2 nite.......then later went up to eat....which is after a long while no try liao. Wah....must say that the food quite not bad.....had the beef noodles, pretty good and with the view, very satisfying.

Only small problem was the service......the waiter like quite non-chalant. Just my view and does not represent others
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

The food at MBGC hasn't been an issue. Service, on the other hand, (like you mentioned) needs to be improved Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Ditto
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Was there last nite to checkout the tity wedge after experiencing it at Stary x2 nite.......then later went up to eat....which is after a long while no try liao. Wah....must say that the food quite not bad.....had the beef noodles, pretty good and with the view, very satisfying.

Only small problem was the service......the waiter like quite non-chalant. Just my view and does not represent others

Bro, public golf club think is ok lor.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Toking bout MBGC.

Few days ago, I was at the counter. So I casually asked, if I want to organise a chip &putt party for say.....20 people at the chipping and putting green, do we have special rate???

and the gal at the counter say, 'its $10.70 per hour per person...' If she wasnt a gal, I prob would show the 'famous' finger at her.

MBGC mentality seems to be like....'This is a public course, what the hell do u expect? Not happy? Go join a club!! Dont tok to me about service even tho you are paying $$$!!!'

This is how I feel about the MBGC, from marshalls, to counter people, to restaurants......
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 pm

nientsu wrote:
Toking bout MBGC.

Few days ago, I was at the counter. So I casually asked, if I want to organise a chip &putt party for say.....20 people at the chipping and putting green, do we have special rate???

and the gal at the counter say, 'its $10.70 per hour per person...' If she wasnt a gal, I prob would show the 'famous' finger at her.

MBGC mentality seems to be like....'This is a public course, what the hell do u expect? Not happy? Go join a club!! Dont tok to me about service even tho you are paying $$$!!!'

This is how I feel about the MBGC, from marshalls, to counter people, to restaurants......

cheers Beer Beer
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 pm

the service stuff all look high...
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:09 pm

I oso feel the same.

i just cant understand why the cafe insists that we pay while were busy munching our 3rd maybe 4th spoonful of food. And u know the golfers are super hungry after a round. Scared of folks leaving w/o paying?

The tahu goreng and chicken wings are good though...
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 pm

eiji wrote:
the service stuff all look high...

Golf club terrace...
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:55 pm

talking abt food... maybe someone can start a thread on the food joints in the various courses you have been??? like that next time go course will know where to ho liao is also... Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 am

anybody tried the Jap food there? can make it a not? thurs nite there....walau eh, think they going to BBQ the sushi there liao
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 am

Good idea Mysticsea.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:16 am

Birdman wrote:
Good idea Mysticsea.

thanks har... i bay paiseh start one liao... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:55 am

You start, I kay liao. ROFL
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:09 am

the kong bak pao on nsrcc - navy halfway house is awesome. and the orange color chili is deadly. I think must tee off around 8 to be able to eat it. too early, its not ready.

in this picture i did not put chili.

Food @ MBGC IMG_0282Food @ MBGC IMG_0283
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:27 am

bugaboo wrote:
the kong bak pao on nsrcc - navy halfway house is awesome. and the orange color chili is deadly. I think must tee off around 8 to be able to eat it. too early, its not ready.

in this picture i did not put chili.

Food @ MBGC IMG_0282Food @ MBGC IMG_0283
Bro... sorry but the picture doesn't do justice to the burst of flavour you get with each bite!!!
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:30 am

yes i agree. my iphone could not capture the burst of flavor. haha.
next time must consider bring SLR to nsrcc.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:45 am

I find the foods are so so only , that was in May. I've not try the Japanese fooods there. Did they change new owner and chef?
Back to top Go down
jumboburger1376
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Have tried the jap food at mbgc after range session. Must say not bad and price is not marked up. Sets are worth it.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 am

I love the nasi goreng kampung...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:54 am

Yeah... the chef mustbe indonesian coz the taste is very familiar. Take the sambal from the chicken wings, u know what i mean. No sporean sambal will taste like that
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am

The Jap food at MBGC is quite decent.

Had it once and service also better compared to outside.
Back to top Go down
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 pm

we were told that if eat in the jap restuarant, u can't order any food that has strong smell, as they want to maintain the 'clean' smell that japs like.... true?
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:47 pm

I don't think so ? Then why are they serving it on the menu in the first place
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Hahahhaa...sibei gian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food @ MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food @ MBGC   Food @ MBGC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food @ MBGC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next