Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultraman.. new iron head for you!

Go down 
+12
ironfist
shotah
siaw8
G_Man
mervyntan
chinchiachun
samT
grooveballer
Technospaz
weesern
missmoon
Ssquirrel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:59 am

Ooi ! this thread 'meant' for me lah, you guys better stick to your existing black beauties crafted from Japan. Unless you have scandium shafts ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:08 am

ultraman wrote:
Ooi ! this thread 'meant' for me lah, you guys better stick to your existing black beauties crafted from Japan. Unless you have scandium shafts ROFL

"Scandium shafts"? Wassat?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:38 am

From Goggle..

"E21's Scandium Alloy shafts are manufactured using a proprietary 25-step production process to create a seamless, extruded shaft. Variable wall thickness and the alloy's high tensile strength results in a vibration dampening system called ShockBlokâ„¢ with 270% better shock attenuation than steel shafts that protects golfer's bodies, bones and joints. Each e21 shaft is made from a single piece of Scandium Alloy resulting in unmatched consistency from club to club as well as unprecedented accuracy and an industry leading torque of as low as 1.4 degrees.

Several players on the Nationwide, PGA and Champions Tours have requested that their clubs be fitted with e21 Eagle One Scandium Alloy shafts since the beginning of the 2007 season, but over the past two weeks the interest has significantly increased. "We've had a noted increase in interest from the Tour Players on e21 shafts," said Andy Harris PGA Tour Rep for e21 Golf. "I'm working with several players right now, and think this new Scandium technology is really going to make an impact out here."
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 am

Lamts18 wrote:
From Goggle..

"E21's Scandium Alloy shafts are manufactured using a proprietary 25-step production process to create a seamless, extruded shaft. Variable wall thickness and the alloy's high tensile strength results in a vibration dampening system called ShockBlokâ„¢ with 270% better shock attenuation than steel shafts that protects golfer's bodies, bones and joints. Each e21 shaft is made from a single piece of Scandium Alloy resulting in unmatched consistency from club to club as well as unprecedented accuracy and an industry leading torque of as low as 1.4 degrees.

Several players on the Nationwide, PGA and Champions Tours have requested that their clubs be fitted with e21 Eagle One Scandium Alloy shafts since the beginning of the 2007 season, but over the past two weeks the interest has significantly increased. "We've had a noted increase in interest from the Tour Players on e21 shafts," said Andy Harris PGA Tour Rep for e21 Golf. "I'm working with several players right now, and think this new Scandium technology is really going to make an impact out here."

Haa....I was just going to tell Technospaz that it is something from Nebula M78
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:46 am

Fwooar. Sounds impressive.

"Nebula M78"? Wassat? Actually... don't bother answering.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 am

there are golfers who like to use different swings to achieve greatness, there are golfers who believe the nice technical jargon in golf equipment can elevate their game.

ask Ultraman the resident golf geek which category he belongs to. needless to say, SS (sorry to use your nick again) is a believer in the first.

in my opinion the user of e21 is paying for the material and not the technology.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 am

Nebula M78 is a planet where Ultraman lives ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 am

DGman wrote:
there are golfers who like to use different swings to achieve greatness, there are golfers who believe the nice technical jargon in golf equipment can elevate their game.

ask Ultraman the resident golf geek which category he belongs to. needless to say, SS (sorry to use your nick again) is a believer in the first.

in my opinion the user of e21 is paying for the material and not the technology.

DGman

But isn't the material the technology? The material was manufactured using complex and high technology so paying for the material is paying for the technology.

As for Ultraman, I thought he lived at the Den Razz
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:56 am

do you think putting with a pure golf putter will feel better than a carbon steel one?

DGman

on a side note, ultraman came to buy a putter and never left. i dont know much about his solid long game but i was told his putting stats have improved since he took over KT's squareback. Ultraman is one of our pillars of strength at BFG.

i think i will have to organise a private game with UM, Frostee and Jeff. of course we will all sadam Jeff. LOL
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:05 am

Better quickly rush to buy your scandium shafts!! : element21 golf Very Happy

TORONTO, April 14, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Element 21 Sports Company
(OTCBB:ETGF) (Frankfurt:BJQ), the leading manufacturer of advanced Scandium
Alloy golf and biofiber fishing equipment, announced today that Element 21
Scandium Shafts were used by the top PGA Tour Pros at the Masters.

One of the most thrilling moments from the Masters Week came courtesy of the
2008 FedEx Cup winner, who, with his Scandium shafted irons, intentionally
skipped a ball across the water for an unbelievable hole-in-one during
Wednesday's Par 3 competition
This player has been using Scandium shafts since
the summer of 2007, including his stellar 2008 season when he went on to win a
record $17 million on tour
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:20 am

DGman wrote:
do you think putting with a pure golf putter will feel better than a carbon steel one?

DGman

Eh.. simi si pure golf putter??
Anyway I learnt a lot from DGMan about putter designs, how hosel design, offset, etc affects feel, MOI, etc.

But tok kok to him at your own risk hor...First you start learning new terms like plumbers neck, mid-slant, and wondering wtf got so many funny names. Then you end up wanting to buy more stuff because you think that the slant neck with the floating face and 1/4 hang putter will help you break 30 putts next round. Laughing
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:27 am

wah piang.... what language r u guys conversing in? sounds damn alien leh...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 am

siaw8 wrote:
wah piang.... what language r u guys conversing in? sounds damn alien leh...

Language of Nebula M78.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:41 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

Anyway I learnt a lot from DGMan about putter designs, how hosel design, offset, etc affects feel, MOI, etc.

But tok kok to him at your own risk hor...First you start learning new terms like plumbers neck, mid-slant, and wondering wtf got so many funny names. Then you end up wanting to buy more stuff because you think that the slant neck with the floating face and 1/4 hang putter will help you break 30 putts next round. Laughing

soli lah i mean pure gold putter......
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:24 am

DGman wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

soli lah i mean pure gold putter......

Now that would be a real heavy putter with a real soft feeling but won't last very long... Razz
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:28 am

Its either Scandium or Apollo Hump shafts for the 2008 FEDEX cup winner....

They are both wierd shafts anyway. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultraman.. new iron head for you!   Ultraman.. new iron head for you! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultraman.. new iron head for you!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2