Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers

Go down 
+2
ghoonk
JonL_TK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers Empty
PostSubject: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 pm

As the title states: How do i look more PRO?
Used to not use iron covers but dinged my clubs too much and now very heart pain to ding my MP68's if i don't use iron covers!!!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am

I'd rather look swakooo than have my clubs all dinged up. besides, since my FW, irons and wedges are covered all the time, I never have to cover my driver and putter, which seems to be a personal habit now Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

Jon

My Mizzys are beyond hope liao. Somehow, you will reach a certain stage where the dings dun matter. Laughing

If you dun wanna use headcovers, get a larger towel and wrap it around the irons during the round. Its those buggy rides where you go over bumpy surfaces that causes the bag chatter.

I mentioned to SS before: I like the sound of the irons clicking and clacking away when I walk the golf course carrying my bag. Its quite soothing and hypnotic to me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 am

S70B, I'd go nuts if my Miuras got chattered Smile
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:41 am

S70B wrote:
Jon

My Mizzys are beyond hope liao. Somehow, you will reach a certain stage where the dings dun matter. Laughing

If you dun wanna use headcovers, get a larger towel and wrap it around the irons during the round. Its those buggy rides where you go over bumpy surfaces that causes the bag chatter.

I mentioned to SS before: I like the sound of the irons clicking and clacking away when I walk the golf course carrying my bag. Its quite soothing and hypnotic to me. Laughing
Hahaha S70B... I thought of wrapping them in a towel as well... I do like the bag chatter look just that for the MP68's dunno why no heart to see it dinged...
My MP52's are dinged and chattered beyond hope liao too...

I do like the sound of the chatter too... Makes me feel so "PRO"
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 am

Treat your irons as a expandable equipment and write off after one and half year. Dont bother too much about the dings, if to many dings, its time to change anyway,,,, good excuse to change, old liao....as new products will be in the market by then. You be poison by new irons anyway!

Been there, seen it, did it, once wrapper off the irons it going to get scratch and dings by hitting on to the turf- unless you air shot all the time or tee up!

another thought, one or two dings its ok, 10 to 20 dings looks bad, 50 or more dings becomes a "Ding finished" design. waohla new irons again!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 am

Ghoonk

My Callys are coming and they are heading straight to the grass range for a beating when they arrive.

I am more worried about the blunting of the grooves and the face than the dings on the club.

Here is my 8mth old Mizzy after sessions on grass ranges:

I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers Face
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 am

I have no idea how you guys manage to actually get the faces to brown. I've played my Miuras for half a year already and there's barely any signs of wear

P.S. you have amazing ballstriking, judging from the sweetspot position.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 am

Simple.

Just go to a grass range more often.

Those that are wet and sandy will have more wear on your club faces.

PS: Hitting off grass ranges have improved my ball striking. I used to think it was BS but it actually has some merit to it.

You can't cheat a fat shot.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 am

I only practice off grass ranges here. However, the ground isn't wet, since it's desert, but definitely sandy. Jumeirah Golf Estates, The Els Club and Sadiyaat Beach Golf Club all use grass ranges exclusively. I only end up practicing off mats when I'm back in Singapore, which I try not to do much of, except work on my driving since it's the only swing that's not affected by the mats. Besides, hitting irons off mats just aggravates my tennis elbow Sad

Very few courses here offer astroturf, and I'm happier off practicing on grass, thank goodness for that Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:33 am

I am definitely gonna miss hitting off grass when I head home.

The feedback which you get from grass can never be duplicated with any new fandangled advance astroturf.

The sound of good impact is very different and more difficult to get from grass.

Plus, you are right about those elbows. It makes being an acupuncturist, physiotherapist or someone who practices TCM very profitable in Sg.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:45 am

Anyway Jon....

Get a nice big Mizzy tour towel. That way, you will look more Pro and reduce the dinging. Twisted Evil

http://www.mizunousa.com/equipment.nsf/1/10glf1-acc/260133?opendocument&div=golf&cat=10glf1-acc

I have the black one.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 am

Jon, why are you concerned about how you look? You play like a pro already Smile How you look is secondary. So don't feel like you can't use iron covers. I think that has little bearing on your game.

And if I had MP68s, I'd also use nice iron covers Smile
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 am

Secret of having headcovers compare to no headcovers..... YOU CAN ASK FOR STROKES. (Tip from the book " Art of asking for strokes.")
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 am

duffader wrote:
Secret of having headcovers compare to no headcovers..... YOU CAN ASK FOR STROKES. (Tip from the book " Art of asking for strokes.")
Ah... i see!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers   I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Wish To Look More PRO But I Use Iron Covers
Page 1 of 1