Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)

Go down 
+16
Derek
sunny
sandkie
FIdO
eiji
darenlim
golfjoy
aural
shorthitter
Batman
asahi
weesern
mysticsea
rangereye
hardrock
KayTM
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:48 pm

sunny wrote:
nobody will be laughing Smile

cos we are all struggling.... except for some pros and super talented ppl like darren

I also talented but in miss hitting the golf balls.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 pm

KayTM wrote:
What are the reasons you start playing golf?

Hi Kay, welcome to GR and the beginning of your golf journey.

My initial reason was because my friends and I could not really play football anymore due to injuries so we decided to try golf out.

After that it became a real challenge because something we thought was really easy turned out to be really NOT so easy

Along the way, got addicted, no turning back now.

Proper lessons are probably the best way to start. While your friends may be familiar with their own swing and what works for them, good coaches have seen all kinds of swings and beginners and should be able to set you on the right path.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
KayTM
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Hey Derek, thanks for sharing, thats exactly what im looking for, a genuine interest in the sport!
Back to top Go down
Fai74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fai74

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 am

hi KAY welcome to the family im new to ..but got hooked on the game now..itz really fun and u get more focus in life work and so on ...cheers and happy golf but would say that u pick up lesson for your golfing foundation..cheers!!
Back to top Go down
protyne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Kay, don't mind me hijacking your thread, got question on lessons....

I am wondering should all beginner start with a structured programme that runs for a continuous 10 wks (1hr/wk).

Or would it be advisable to book training hours with a pro, have him teach you/correct you and go out practice till feel comfortable and book another slot and learn more things?

I hope I'm making myself clear. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sfhuang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

If you have not played golf before, a structured programme is better.
Back to top Go down
niteblu
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:20 am

shorthitter wrote:
If you are going to take lessons at Bishan I recommend Gary Doolan, Australian PGA member, it is like buying anything in life "cheaper is not always better".

did Gary Doolan ever teach in Keppel?
I seem to remember that name...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)   Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey People I'm newbie to golf (wanna join me or can i Join u for lessons?)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2