Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters

Go down 
+4
golf_snowman
triplepar
ghoonk
bono
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters Empty
PostSubject: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi folks

Can anyone advise me where I can have mine changed and how much they would cost?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Man, if BFG doesn't do it, I don't know anyone else who does...

I've since gone down the poor man's route and gotten myself lead tape so I can weigh down my own clubs
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:11 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Man, if BFG doesn't do it, I don't know anyone else who does...

I've since gone down the poor man's route and gotten myself lead tape so I can weigh down my own clubs

Yeap.. thought about the lead tapes but since the weights on the Newports are replaceable, it be neater.
Back to top Go down
triplepar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Have asked Titleist about this earlier. Rick said the service could be available in Singapore come June. Keeping fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:47 pm

just wondering since it the weight is replaceable, why wouldn't provide a mean for the users to change the weight themself, but rather than to send it to Titleist ?

just wondering....hmmm ... confused confused
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
just wondering since it the weight is replaceable, why wouldn't provide a mean for the users to change the weight themself, but rather than to send it to Titleist ?

Have you ever heard of $$$$$$$$$ ????? scratch scratch

titu
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Tituman wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:

Have you ever heard of $$$$$$$$$ ????? scratch scratch

titu

dear sir...

yes yes..i understand..haha, dun scratch head lah..me just a naive snowman...keke

lol!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:15 pm

The Studio Select line has interchangeable weight screws in the bottom of the putters. Why not allow golfers to swap the weights on themselves?

The whole idea behind the weights is for us to get it just right. For many years, putter companies had one head and simply made it in three different lengths—33", 34" and 35". But that changes the weight in a similar way that cutting down or lengthening your driver would.

We don't want someone to have a kit that would change the weight and make the putter not ideal. We have the recipe here that tells us what adjustments to make for every inch that you change, and the swing-weight points that you either gain or lose. But as I said earlier, I just really want to get it right.

Now, I believe that putters can be a little heavier, or possibly a little lighter, but not so much that it changes the rhythm and timing of your transition stroke from the backswing to the forward swing. If a putter is too light, you can take the putter back too far to gain the momentum, or you have to hit at it more to compensate for the weight loss.

pulled from some website, supposedly from a 'ask the expert' session to the man himself.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Go ask DGman -- last time I checked, those weight kits were not cheap..
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I got my sc shortened at bfg and replaced the weights
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:04 pm

bono wrote:
Hi folks

Can anyone advise me where I can have mine changed and how much they would cost?

Thanks in advance.

what is ur current setup & what do u plan to change to? Shorter or longer, lighter or heavier?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:51 am

golfamigo wrote:
what is ur current setup & what do u plan to change to? Shorter or longer, lighter or heavier?

Newport 1.5 @ 33.5" with 350gm (2 x 15gm weights). Looking at changing to 360gm (2 x 20gm).

eiji wrote:
I got my sc shortened at bfg and replaced the weights

Care to share with me how much were the weights?
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks to all whom have replied. I found what I wanted. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters   Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weights for Scotty Cameron Newport putters
Page 1 of 1