Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marina Bay Golf Course

Go down 
+33
sandkie
mizzy
robert33
jurongtiger
tronos
alvin7379
duffader
daveaha
wilkang
Khorkar
zhenxua
mtbdude74
mloy
slinger
guybrush
nientsu
Winston
Duval_S
watermyforrest
darenlim
eiji
Birdman
Suzuki
ghoonk
Derek
pushslice
Tituman
Roystonnn
camilio
lennylim
mUAr_cHEe
S70B
digdug888
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Hope the weather is good on thursday.. will be hitting the kranji greens on thursday morning... have fun guys...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Okay, finally back home after dinner with family at Race Course road...

Many many thanks to everyone who turned up for today's round - golfchow n jr, taskie, khokar, titu, duval and seebayho (now also known as seebayheng, seebayzhun or seebayrelax). It was certainly good fun - great weather, great company, one could not ask for more Smile

bonus of the day was watching seebayho score his first HIO Smile
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm

BVA chairman, i have this feeling tat u be buying quite a few jugs on thur Beer
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Expecting a few HIOs or short drives? Wink
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Many many thanks to everyone who turned up for today's round - golfchow n jr, taskie, khokar, titu, duval and seebayho (now also known as seebayheng, seebayzhun or seebayrelax). It was certainly good fun - great weather, great company, one could not ask for more Smile

After golfing for 20 years this is my first HIO....seebaysong ah......Thanks for the games guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Hi, thxs for everyone for today game, congr to our Bro Seebayho(aka colin) for HIO..
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Wahhhh sounds like exciting golf!

So describe more leh: was it a bounce and roll for 10 feet HIO or a drop-straight-into-the-cup HIO???

How did the other flight mates react when it happened??
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:25 pm

bounce, bounce, roll, drop into cup.

general response WAHHHHHHHHHHHWOOOHOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Colin, you truly deserved it with a swing like yours. Effortless like 'Big Easy'. Should have gotten one much earlier but its better late than never right? Anyway, apologised for robbing you of the honour of announcing your own HIO. I just too excited and can't control myself Wink For the rest of us, it is just a dream Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 pm

PLS allow me to describe the whole episode...(fm what I can remember):

As we were driving to the island par 3, I ...thats correct....me...Duval, was prepping my buggy mate to ensure that his mind is calm, sound so as to execute the shot which he has in mind.

As we approached the tee box, we have our flight mate fm the other buggy demostrating the various aspects of swings...and testing the water on the right hand side of the green..well the water was watery

Then, we have the other flight mate fm the other buggy, tee the ball ...wah..land on green...and thus, our HIO fren is able to judge the toughness of the green and the break that leads to the hole

Then comes our HIO-man, with the calm mind created fm the ambience generated by his buggy mate, he swung...the ball landed before hole....roll....then disappear.

We as in the other non-HIO folks, stared blankly at each other....could it be..or could it just be?

The rest is history
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:34 pm

you didnt mention about how one flightmate got so distracted by one member of the flight in front until he put put TWO shots into the water.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Duval_S wrote:

As we were driving to the island par 3, I ...thats correct....me...Duval, was prepping my buggy mate to ensure that his mind is calm, sound so as to execute the shot which he has in mind.

As we approached the tee box, we have our flight mate fm the other buggy demostrating the various aspects of swings...and testing the water on the right hand side of the green..well the water was watery

Then, we have the other flight mate fm the other buggy, tee the ball ...wah..land on green...and thus, our HIO fren is able to judge the toughness of the green and the break that leads to the hole

Then comes our HIO-man, with the calm mind created fm the ambience generated by his buggy mate, he swung...the ball landed before hole....roll....then disappear.

We as in the other non-HIO folks, stared blankly at each other....could it be..or could it just be?

The rest is history

wow you can really talk cock and sing song!!! I really enjoy all your company.......but you all were too shy ordering the food! It is so unfortunate that the sushi bar was closed today.....
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:10 pm

we not shy, we just know that this won't be the last time you HIO with us, your lucky kakis Smile
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm

seebayho wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

The rest is history

wow you can really talk cock and sing song!!! I really enjoy all your company.......but you all were too shy ordering the food! It is so unfortunate that the sushi bar was closed today.....

I think Duva's intention is to show that your HIO is contributed by your flight mates too...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm sure Duval's encouragement, line reading, prayers and swing tips sure as hell helped! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Quote :
taskie wrote:

I think Duva's intention is to show that your HIO is contributed by your flight mates too...

alamak...just TCSS only.

the person who pulls the trigger for the swing will be the only one who should and will and must be the one who received all the credits.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:06 pm

duval, u never play the snakes game with them meh......
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:04 am

slinger wrote:
duval, u never play the snakes game with them meh......

Actually today i did not play well, has not been hitting the ball solidly and putting is just as screw up.
Next time, Duval please bring your snake! usually the bigger the snake the more solid I hit ROFL
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:05 am

That sounded sooooo wrong Wink

I thought your putting was pretty decent - esp the lag putts you were making to within 3ft of the hole so often!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 am

ghoonk wrote:
That sounded sooooo wrong Wink

I thought your putting was pretty decent - esp the lag putts you were making to within 3ft of the hole so often!

Hahah, it's the 3 footer that matters!

BTW, I like your ball striking very crisp and solid.
I suspect you are not focused on your shorts....most of the time your are rushing, playing a fool and thinking of the flight in front!
It's a shame, with your kind of ball striking you should be playing sub 80 every round! Mad
Let me have a word with your pro! Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 am

heh. I didn't want any more pressure on the front 9 considering that I was already not finding some of the fairways - just the bunkers alone accounted for 6 lost shots. Should have played backwards to get out, but got ambitious with the wedge and forgot how treacherous the pot bunkers are in MBGC. Lost 2 more on chunked chips, and 2 more on penalties. On the back 9, it was the 2 drowned balls that got me, otherwise I would have shot a far more respectable score.

I did focus more on the back 9 - that's the habit I have. If i've screwed up the front 9, i usually wipe the slate clean on the back 9 and play more aggressively Smile

No worries, I think I got my mojo back. Just in time for Thursday's game Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marina Bay Golf Course   Marina Bay Golf Course - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marina Bay Golf Course
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12