Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping..........................

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Ping.......................... Empty
PostSubject: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 am

Was waiting for the new G15 now they have confused me more with an I15

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/showcategory.jsp?CATEGORY=1203&LNK=pingG15i15&CID=EMC-072709ud2
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 am

SH,

G15 will be a maximum forgiveness kind of driver and i15 will be a tour style driver. So its quite similar to Titty D2 v D3.

Jus get both la!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:15 am

Ooh. But the G15 will be very ex when it comes out. It's hard to find discounted Ping items.

Hmm... $300 ain't too bad. Anyone doing a bulk order?

Last edited by Technospaz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 am

S70B wrote:
SH,

G15 will be a maximum forgiveness kind of driver and i15 will be a tour style driver. So its quite similar to Titty D2 v D3.

Jus get both la!

You send me back from USA one of each.... early Christmas pressie.... Very Happy

Interested in I15 8 deg. looks good.....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 am

I doubt it will run anything more than USD$499. They will price it to match their competitors.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 am

Has anyone tried to order stuff from tgw before? I'm keen to snag the G15 Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 am

In US, they advertise alot on TV but general comments on US forums are that they have shite customer service.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 am

Technospaz wrote:
Has anyone tried to order stuff from tgw before? I'm keen to snag the G15 Smile

Edwinwatts.com is not bad....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 am

I was right. Look at their prices:

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/new-ping.html
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:25 am

I'm tempted to order one right away.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 am

There are 3 Edwin Watts stores near the place where I'll be going. Not fantastic sales crew but not too shabby la. 2 of them have golf simulators.

I'm likely to trade in my Cally X-Forged in US for a new set of 2009/2010 AP2 B/710 from them. Din find any other decent golf shops there.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:30 am

S70B wrote:
There are 3 Edwin Watts stores near the place where I'll be going. Not fantastic sales crew but not too shabby la. 2 of them have golf simulators.

I'm likely to trade in my Cally X-Forged in US for a new set of 2009/2010 AP2 B/710 from them. Din find any other decent golf shops there.

How much you want for x forged? What specs. I been eyeing 4 a while....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 am

Lucky you, bro!

Anyway, the shipping to Singapore for the driver isn't too much (US$35). I'm just not sure if it would be subject to customs issues/tax etc. Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 am

You are subjected to GST if you shipment (incl shipping cost) is above SGD300.

Actually, is it possible to ship in club heads from US? Is there any online shops that does that?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 am

nientsu wrote:
You are subjected to GST if you shipment (incl shipping cost) is above SGD300.

Bummer, that's an additional amount over and above the item. And I guess I'll need to pick it from Customs at Paya Lebar.

nientsu wrote:
Actually, is it possible to ship in club heads from US? Is there any online shops that does that?

Much better idea. Anyone know? Since we're likely to swap shafts anyway.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 am

Oh, just spotted this on the Customs website. It appears that sums below $400 will not be taxed.

Singapore Customs wrote:
Goods and Services Tax

There is a 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) levied on all goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts, food preparations and dutiable products, imported into Singapore. GST is calculated based on the CIF value of the goods plus all duties payable. If the invoice value of goods does not include insurance and freight charges, the postage charge paid for the goods is to be taken as freight and insurance charges, and is to be added to the invoice value of such invoice for calculation of GST payable.

GST relief is granted on goods, inclusive of new articles, personal effects, souvenirs, gifts and food preparations but excluding dutiable products, imported by post to a total value not exceeding $400. Where the value exceeds $400, the entire sum would be subject to GST. (emphasis added)

For more info., see this link
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 am

USD mate.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:00 am

shorthitter wrote:
S70B wrote:

They are in US mate. X100Us 1/4" longer and 2deg flat. Wun see S'pore soil till prob beginning of next year if you want them.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 am

S70B wrote:
USD mate.

Oh yah. DOH! Thanks for helping spot the issue, bro.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am

S70B wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
S70B wrote:

They are in US mate. X100Us 1/4" longer and 2deg flat. Wun see S'pore soil till prob beginning of next year if you want them.

If you have not traded, no worries if you do, hoping the new shafts will help me... I am using the x-100s out of my srixons must be nearly 6 years old....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping..........................   Ping.......................... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping..........................
Page 1 of 1