Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner Empty
PostSubject: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 am

i know what is like to be 'avoided' like plague when i first started golfing. even if we (newbie, beginner and not-so-beginner) cannot remember every rules, the least we can do is to practice basic golf etiquette on the course. this will definitely make the game more enjoyable for us and less vex for the experienced golfers.

this is something i found, for our reading pleasure.

Source: http://golf.about.com/cs/beginnersguide/a/golfetiquette.htm

Maintain a Good Pace
• Keep the round moving by being prepared to hit your shot when it is your turn. You probably don't like waiting on other groups - don't make other groups wait on you.

• The player who is away hits first in a group. However, in friendly matches (as opposed to tournament play), this rule can be ignored in favor of "ready play" - players hit as they are ready. All players should agree to "ready play" before it is put into effect.

• Do not spend too much time looking for a lost ball, particularly if there is a group behind you ready to play. If you insist on taking the full five minutes alloted in the rulebook to look for lost balls, golf etiquette says wave up the group behind to allow them to play through.

• Always try to keep pace with the group ahead of you. If space opens in front of you, allow a faster group to play through.

• When two players in a cart hit to opposite sides of a hole, drive to first ball and drop off that player with his club, then drive to the second ball. After both players hit, meet up farther down the hole.

• When walking from your cart to your ball, take a couple clubs with you. Taking only one club, then having to return to the cart to retrieve a different club, is a huge time-waster.

• Always leave the putting green as soon as your group has finished putting.

And a Few More Golf Etiquette Hints
• Quiet, please! Never talk during another player's swing.

• Do not yell out following a shot. Even if boisterous behavior doesn't bother your playing partners, there are other people on the course who may be within earshot.

• Be aware of your shadow on the putting green. Don't stand in a place that causes your shadow to be cast across another player or that player's putting line.

• Never walk through a playing partner's putting line. Your footprints might alter the path of a partner's putt. Step over the putting line, or walk around (behind) the partner's ball.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:00 am

limyael wrote:
• Do not yell out following a shot. Even if boisterous behavior doesn't bother your playing partners, there are other people on the course who may be within earshot.

aint gonna happen....

everything else i can do.. or is actually what i am doing... Razz
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

but i yell FORE!!!!!! after every tee shot.................because i hit too far........................too far right to the other fairway or left into the contribution site at MBGC (i think once it hit a truck) Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:31 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
limyael wrote:

aint gonna happen....

just like throwing your clubs.........
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am

no lah... i dun throw clubs liao... it has been a while since i throw clubs....

i am a changed man....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:44 am

dun say too early hor......

wait i FINED u if it happen again......mata so wat Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 am

u think u got funky hat, i scared u meh?

come loh...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm

sometimes its not that they dunno, its the attitude of the person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner   From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From a (not so beginner) golfer to another beginner
Page 1 of 1