Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CIMB Credit Card World

Go down 
+20
dkoh
Groo111
simoner
KL
DimWit Kid
S70B
wai
sanchoon
tohkh
Begbie
eiji
peter.golfer
toto
Tituman
Lion Iron
Edgarkj
Yarra
blee67
nrafee
icorpion
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

CIMB Credit Card World Empty
PostSubject: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 am

Hi anyone sign up for the card, it says no green fees at Keppel, a couple of golf courses in MY and Indonesia. Not sure what it meant by no green fees, free?
http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php?ch=sg_per_ca&pg=sg_per_ca_prod&ac=12
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 am

CIMB world card is for people with >120K a year and T&C applies to no green fees.

maybe restricted to off peak only..
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 am

icorpion wrote:
Hi anyone sign up for the card, it says no green fees at Keppel, a couple of golf courses in MY and Indonesia. Not sure what it meant by no green fees, free?
http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php?ch=sg_per_ca&pg=sg_per_ca_prod&ac=12

You need to have at least 2 card members playing to enjoy the no green fee. If not, you need to bring in 2 paying guests.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 am

A card member and a minimum of one paying guest who is NOT a member of the golf course or 2 card holders playing together...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 am

Yarra wrote:
A card member and a minimum of one paying guest who is NOT a member of the golf course or 2 card holders playing together...

Hi Yarra,

They changed that? The last time I called CIMB, they told me that it is 2 paying guests.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Maybe Indonesian-issued card has different terms to Singaporean?
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I have the card, and I can only tell you that my friends and I have had very bad experiences with the customer service guys.

The booking process is a pain, and their staff members are not exactly the best in the business.

My friend booked a overseas game a couple of weeks ago, and the customer service guy pretty much called him every day in the preceeding one week asking him a different question everyday.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

It is a pain-staking process indeed, each phone call lasting at least 5 minutes just to book a single flite! And yes, they will call you just to make sure you are going to show up!
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 am

Edgarkj wrote:
I have the card, and I can only tell you that my friends and I have had very bad experiences with the customer service guys.

The booking process is a pain, and their staff members are not exactly the best in the business.

My friend booked a overseas game a couple of weeks ago, and the customer service guy pretty much called him every day in the preceeding one week asking him a different question everyday.

Good luck.
Booking of flight is via the card customer service? Not directly to the listed club? Anyone try Keppel golf course which is listed also? Is there any restriction on weekdays or weekend?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:39 am

icorpion wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:

Good luck.
Booking of flight is via the card customer service? Not directly to the listed club? Anyone try Keppel golf course which is listed also? Is there any restriction on weekdays or weekend?

Have not tired it. But if you are going to play there, let me know. I am interested in playing there but so far have not had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am

icorpion wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:

Good luck.

The process is so painful, it really puts me off to be honest. I don't really want to try. Not worth my time.
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am

Would like to start a list of CIMB World card members to play at Keppel.

Note:
- 7 days advancement booking required.
- pay only $19.30.
- cancellation/no show penalty is $200.

1. Lion Iron

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Note:
- pay only $19.30.

1. Lion Iron
2. Tituman
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Look at the privileges here:

http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/index.php?ch=43&pg=116&ac=102&bb=681&tpt=cimb_sg
Back to top Go down
toto
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
toto

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Tituman wrote:

Note:
- pay only $19.30.

1. Lion Iron
2. Tituman
3. Toto

Look forward to a game with you.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 am

Sure bro but at the moment recuperating from my severe chronic golfer's elbow problem. Will let you guys know when I come back okie..
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am

1. Lion Iron
2. Tituman
3. Toto
4. Peter.golfer
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks Toto and Peter.golfer.

I try to send PM but somehow my PM are stuck in my outbox. Can you send one to me and I see if I can reply back?

Hi Mod, my PM for assistance also stuck in outbox. Pls advise. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

its not stuck, if its in the outbox, it means the other party has not checked their PMs yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 pm

oh, sorry for my ignorance.

Sorry to bro on my multiple PMs. CIMB Credit Card World 744254
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

I just made a call to the CIMB Golf hotline and here is what I found out:

1. Booking 8 days (instead of 7 as per earlier posting in thread) in advance.
2. Cancellation is allowed but 3 working days prior to game day.
3. For Keppel Club , 2 paying guests are required.

So far it appears not too bad to own one and get golfing benefits subject to:

1. Firm flight booking (No last min back-out, 4 ball confirmation is preferred, so if at least 1 back out, still got 3 ball)

One thing i missed out to check tho, is the following combination of flight allowed.

----------]b]1 CIMB World Card + 2 Keppel Club Member. [/b]

If any of our bros/sis can confirm this, pls respond here.. I dun feel like going thru' that convo with the hotline anymore... Thanks !

Last edited by Begbie on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed out impt question..!)
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:36 pm

I just got the card, I remembered I was told that no need for paying guests to play at Keppel. hmmm.....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Don't need any paying guest. But minimum 2 ball. Both can be World Card holders. Read the golf terms and conditions on their site.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

tohkh,

Really, this is strange. Perhaps I am getting misdirected. Just to side track, how long did they take to send you the card?

I just sent out my application today. Really keen on playing in Keppel again. It will really a good test of patience and course management...
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:51 pm

It took them about a week, UOB Preferred World was super duper fast (most likely cos Im an existing card member).

Ya...... sigh, perhaps the staff whom I spoke to also confused?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CIMB Credit Card World   CIMB Credit Card World I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CIMB Credit Card World
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next