Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comeback of Eldrick Woods...

Go down 
+10
JonL_TK
S70B
ironfist
ralph
supra
HyBriD
Golfnuts
Duval_S
watermyforrest
mUAr_cHEe
14 posters
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Comeback of Eldrick Woods... Empty
PostSubject: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 pm

he changed from diamana to tour AD?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I thought this was J.R.Tolkiens thread...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Give this guy a break lah....

Well, if folks can still admire Bill - Kinky-ton, I am sure we can too.

PS: I am still wearing TW tops.....
Back to top Go down
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Wat u guys think about his odds of winning?
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:03 am

Golfnuts wrote:
Wat u guys think about his odds of winning?

The Bets are still on TW.
If there's any guy who can win the Master it could be him.

After all, he needs to do a ala-Kobe Bryant thing...Win to erase all the negative vibes/news/rumors.
TW is just a victim ...

Watch the movie....Bonfires of Vanities and you will understand why.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Would be nice to see him duke it out with Yang at the final turn!
What do you guys think of his 9th. hole birdie in the 1st. round?
His 'banana shot' to dogleg left to backstop on the green. Furthermore 'backspinned' to the hole. Thats his real prowess, the Hook, that attracts Tiger lovers like me.
Only Tiger has the chutzpah & the ability to do it! Right? May we see more of sportsman like him, Messi etc.
Back to top Go down
ralph
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:07 am

Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:18 am

wah i thought this was on the new nike ad!

creepy stuff..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 am

ralph wrote:

wad on earth are u talking about?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:48 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
ralph wrote:

wad on earth are u talking about?

I think its a big joke back in New Delhi.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:46 pm

Going back to topic...

I hope TW will be able to recover & regain his old swing.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 am

is he on a fubuki now?

Comeback of Eldrick Woods... 98741771
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am

Really my hero... I am actually trying to adapt the same train of thoughts when playing now... as Master said, the biggest problem of most golfers is the 5 inches between the 2 ears... or for me, what is lack of it, anyway...

from CNA.com

Golf: Tiger Woods struggles at Quail Hollow championship
Posted: 30 April 2010 0416 hrs

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina: Tiger Woods shot a mediocre two-over-par 74 in the opening round at the Quail Hollow Championship on Thursday, but it could have been far, far worse.

Woods was wild off the tee and not much better with his irons as he plunged to four-over after 10 holes on a delightful morning at Quail Hollow.

However, he steadied the ship in time to salvage a score that nonetheless left him nine strokes adrift of clubhouse leader Bo Van Pelt with half the field still to complete the first round.

Woods was uncharacteristically blunt about his poor play.

"I just didn't have it today. I didn't know whether I was going left or right. I kept trying to piece together a round to keep myself in the tournament."

In just his second event since his private life spiralled out of control amid revelations of multiple extra-marital affairs last November, it seemed Woods at least has made progress in one area.

He kept his notoriously volatile temper in check on Thursday. There were no audible obscenities, no club throwing, just a frustrated golfer who looked anything but the world's top player.

"I try to be easy on myself (but) it can be hard," said Woods, who was greeted with extreme politeness by an unusually quiet gallery, which swelled to several thousand by time he finished shortly after noon.

The respect echoed that he was shown three weeks ago at the Masters, where he made his return to competition after a five-month absence.

Woods started at the 10th hole, teeing off in chilly weather at 7.40am. He negotiated his first seven holes in even par, before dropping four shots in the next three holes.

At the par-three 17th, his eighth hole, Woods pulled his tee shot into the lake left of the green en route to a double bogey.

He also found water at the par-four 18th, his drive starting left and hooking further left into the creek adjacent to the fairway.

He did well to salvage a bogey, and subsequently dropped another stroke at the par-four first. But with his round in danger of spiralling out of control, he found a bit of accuracy to pick up three birdies in the next seven holes, before finishing with bogey at the par-four ninth.

Unusually, Woods said he had no intention of immediately trying to rectify his swing problems.

"I'm not going to the range. Hell with it," he joked. - AFP/de
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
is he on a fubuki now?

Not sure if this is relevant...but his might be Ching-Tua-Ki.....in addition to Fubuki
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:10 am

I think he needs the Kajiki...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
I think he needs the Kajiki...

i can buy him a kajiki... but anyone wants to pay him to use the kajiki?

but considering his wild tee shots at quail hollow yesterday... i dun think it takes that much to get him to use equipment now... and there is the thing also about his value after all the ruckus...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Latest News on TW...

Almost a quarter of PGA Tour pros surveyed by Sports Illustrated think Woods took PEDs

PED...Performance Enhancing Drug

What do you think?

Click Here to read news
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 1:59 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Latest News on TW...

Almost a quarter of PGA Tour pros surveyed by Sports Illustrated think Woods took PEDs

PED...Performance Enhancing Drug

What do you think?

Click Here to read news
I think even if he is taking PEDs... I feel that thats not why he was playing so well then and playing
abit off now...

I think its down to the fact that he is unable to find proper "release" for his tensions!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:16 am

i just think everyone else is jealous... Smile

which number 1 in the world has not been scrutinized by others?
Back to top Go down
babusk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
babusk

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:13 am

This weekend will be the first tiger weekend of the year at at&t national. I can feel it... is anyone else feeling?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 am

I think they are just jealous, they were trying to say and meant EPED.... Erectile Performance Enhancement Drugs...... They just didnt have the balls to say it out...

Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 am

Well....I don believe Tiger for the below. Think there is tension:

Quote :
When Tiger Woods finished fourth after his final round of 75 at the 2010 U.S. Open earlier this month, he made a couple uncharacteristic references to mistakes in club selection by his caddie Steve Williams. Asked about those remarks on Tuesday, Woods said his disagreement with Williams was not a big deal.

"There's no tension," Woods said. "You guys are reading way too much into that. Do Stevie and I make mistakes? Of course we do. We're great competitors and we both want to win."
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

Not sure if the link works back home:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-videos/-6775/?ref=26000
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 pm

I waited week after week but the Tiger play worse and worse... dunno when will he come back... Think world number one is changing name soon...
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm

poor guy is looking at a divorce and losing 750 big ones (way more than 150m paid by MJ) and losing custody of his 2 kids. i think making the cut is already pretty fine. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comeback of Eldrick Woods...   Comeback of Eldrick Woods... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comeback of Eldrick Woods...
Page 1 of 1