Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting

Go down 
+143
billcoke
babolat
A.A.A.A.A.A.
neilson
Slacker
vinjess
Alv1ngoh
swingandstroke
newbiegolfie
daveteh
Nwahs
stephtang23
niwde82
ultraman
kinglc
bomby
golferx
jetster
Gymrat76
Noriki
bellevue18
xlr871
Tigercrab
MrMisty
enwee
pisonic
rla
hkhamateur
Stevenkoh81
jason.koh.54966
GolfMad62
unfinished
paul@golf
gregchinann
NewBie_SS
michaelcheah
ken23
Acemangill
amar05
milos9680
Tiger Wu
simon1982
r3iz
WY
d1g
WILL33
r2d2
rayeonsg
scottycollector
bryanachong
lesterngoh
DGman
lionwoods
Iron Ballz
Gray
h0ok_fighter
siaokao
zixter
snowdude
Champion
CG88
Pizzaman
Sammer
Bear
ljlow
henrychiahb
chinchiachun
samT
jimmychoo
rsenal
mr joe
bullrun
golfbuzz
catdforever
dmateo
getsurin
lovemiki
jocoolseah
hoppie
piero
renode
scholes25
JynxControl
Begbie
pocketace
kian
yuki
watermyforrest
nientsu
Technospaz
quinike
tohkh
Tituman
morganoh
Cornball
ringrain_78
simoner
damong
israel73
Steffan
uncleteh
CoastGuy
nutty88
gtwagon9191
Yarra
iron eagle
FIdO
mizzy
blee67
zhenxua
Roystonnn
alucard
Bizzy
guanoe
hillgreen
viper311208
asahi
golfool2009
jay_ngoh
yappy48
ThomasTan
tronos
TObe
babusk
TITW
ditt
alangolf
golf_snowman
birthstone
Winston
S70B
botak
eden
Salty Dog
ping golfer
mengteck71
rangereye
maryet
joshcct
4dtoto
eiji
Duval_S
pushslice
147 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Champion, do you know why any recent model Ping 52 degree wedge has such a big bounce? 12 degree, even more than my sand wedge.
Back to top Go down
snowdude
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:02 pm

I was at Marina Bay hitting some balls when the PING demo team setup their stuff besides me. Tried the G20 irons and I really love it! The I20 irons didn't work well for me. Did the custom fitting and got a good discount for 5-PW irons. Smile can't wait for it to arrive 5 weeks later!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm

The G20 irons are more forgiving and hit further too!
Back to top Go down
snowdude
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:58 am

I agree! I can hit a good shot almost every time with the G20 effortlessly. For the I20, it didn't work that well. I'm not good enough to use I20 for now.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Pushslice - A higher bounce angle will keep the club from digging too deeply into turf or sand.
The amount of bounce needed depends on conditions. If you play courses with soft, fluffy sand, you'll need more bounce. If the courses you play typically have harder sand, you'll need less bounce. Playing from fairway - less bounce. PING wedges can be fitted to players needs including special grind. If needed.

Ping Golf

Snowdude Welcome Ping Golf Not that you are not good enough. Different heads are made for different players. You will be surprise. Last year KJ once was playing with G series after dropping Nike. Not PING Tour staff, so can't showcase his set.

Beer

Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 5:45 am

is anyone using the i20 already? thinking of getting it but not sure how the CFS shafts will play ... is it closer to the NS pro with regards to launch and dispersion?

would welcome any comments thanks!
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm

zixter,

I am playing with i20 #4-9 PW. On Control Feel Stability (CFS) shaft with S flex.

If you are asking NS Pro Reg, there are different. If you are thinking of NS Pro Stiff. It can be quite close.

CFS Soft regular - 94gm with 2.2 torque
CFS Regular - 99gm with 2.1 torque
CFS Stiff - 109gm with 1.8 torque
CFS X-stiff - 114gm with 1.6 torque
NS Pro 950 GH Reg - 95gm with 3.5 torque
NS Pro 950 GH stiff - 98gm with 1.9 torque

Launch - i20 gives a easy launch with (It because the vertical Custom Tuning Port (CTP) optimizes CG, and tungsten toe weighting elevates forgiveness.

i20 is a progressive iron set

Dispersion - comes with the correct length for each player. If a player pick a slightly wrong length club. Chances are he is struggling with accuracy.

Come MBGC Thursday to try the out PING guys will be at the driving range from 11am - 7pm.

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:23 pm

zixter wrote:
is anyone using the i20 already? thinking of getting it but not sure how the CFS shafts will play ... is it closer to the NS pro with regards to launch and dispersion?

would welcome any comments thanks!
If u play white dot, I have 3 mths old i20 (5,7,p +1/2 in) that I may want to sell. CFS reg. I've stop playing with them and u can possibly save some $, just buy new 6,8,9 and u have a set. Smile
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Champion wrote:
zixter,

I am playing with i20 #4-9 PW. On Control Feel Stability (CFS) shaft with S flex.

If you are asking NS Pro Reg, there are different. If you are thinking of NS Pro Stiff. It can be quite close.

CFS Soft regular - 94gm with 2.2 torque
CFS Regular - 99gm with 2.1 torque
CFS Stiff - 109gm with 1.8 torque
CFS X-stiff - 114gm with 1.6 torque
NS Pro 950 GH Reg - 95gm with 3.5 torque
NS Pro 950 GH stiff - 98gm with 1.9 torque

Launch - i20 gives a easy launch with (It because the vertical Custom Tuning Port (CTP) optimizes CG, and tungsten toe weighting elevates forgiveness.

i20 is a progressive iron set

Dispersion - comes with the correct length for each player. If a player pick a slightly wrong length club. Chances are he is struggling with accuracy.

Come MBGC Thursday to try the out PING guys will be at the driving range from 11am - 7pm.

Ping Golf

Thanks bro .. I tried and bought already .. hehe
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Welcome on board bro.

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
snowdude
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I finally collected my G20 irons and they are really great! I have a question though about the irons. Before I bought the irons, the PING demo guy said that the irons will be from PING Japan (Japan spec). However, I saw the sticker on the irons and it says head made in China, shaft made in US, and assembly in US. Am I shortchanged for what I paid?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Snowdude,

No mistake. Due to production cost heads are made in China. The assembly will be in US if you are using CFS shaft and sometimes PING Japan cant catch up with order some will be pass to US.

China only do part of the head. All CTP port are kept in PING US / Japan. No one else is allow to keep stock 48 different CTP weight.

In conclusion, if its from US the label will state as you just state. If assemble in Japan it will state Japan.

You are not short change Very Happy

Welcome Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
snowdude
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks for the clarification Champion. How do you know so much about PING products btw?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi Snowdude,

I am Fully trained and certified PING fitter. And been working in the industry with 13 years experience. fitting and product R&D for 2 other major brand.

We all share and learn from each other.

GO ON LEARNING FOREVER (GOLF)

Ping Golf Beer
Back to top Go down
snowdude
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:59 pm

No wonder you are knowledgeable on PING products. Smile

Thanks for your tips. I'm very happy with the customised irons and I'll get my G20 driver and putter from the US next month to add to my collection. Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:11 am

Bro Champion

How does the i20 irons compare with the Ansers?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:35 am

Yo simoner,

Anser Forged - combines a soft 8620 carbon steel with a dense tungsten sole weight.

i20 17-4 stainless steel with features like Stabilizing bars and thicker face ensure distance control and solid shot for golfers

Both designs are progress set design.

Because of the improvement in i20 bounce. The i20 does not dig in as much as Anser.

Anser has hollow-sole cavity. It pushes the CG low and back vs i20. Results in higher ball flight and softer feel shot.

i20 with Vertical Custom Tuning Port like the S56 optimizes the CG, and with tungsten toe weighting. This elevates forgiveness on the iron playability.

Anser comes from #3 - #9 PW
i20 from #3-#9 PW UW SW LW

Of course lastly the important elements $$$ Anser is price higher vs i20

Sleep wow lao hope not too much to digest.

Very Happy Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks.

I have been using the Anser for 2 years already. Hands a bit itchy since seeing the i20.
Back to top Go down
h0ok_fighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
h0ok_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:19 pm

pushslice wrote:
I20 came out second to Razr Fit in trackman stats. Still waiting/looking or a used Razr fit at the right price. I20 brand new is pretty expensive.

Hi PS, how much are the retailers asking for now for the I20 driver?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Champion wrote:
Hi Snowdude,

I am Fully trained and certified PING fitter. And been working in the industry with 13 years experience. fitting and product R&D for 2 other major brand.

We all share and learn from each other.

GO ON LEARNING FOREVER (GOLF)

Ping Golf Beer

Where do you do your fitting?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Gary,

Tech Rep like myself move around. You can catch us every Thursday Marina Bay range level 2.

There are 2 fitting location you can visit at own time own target.

1) Punggol Driving Range - check out this month Golf Tabloid

2) Bukit Batok Driving Range - ground level

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:16 am

Thurs evenings?
Back to top Go down
Iron Ballz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iron Ballz

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi guys, any ideal how much is the G20 irons cost?
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Tried my Coach's Ping I15 and G15 Iron. it was so impressive, still can't forget the feel now. Well balance and sweet. Prefer I15 more than G15. But the new set is quite Ex... considering to buy a 2nd hand set... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi iron ball,

G20
Graphite - $251.45
Steel CFS - $197.95
Steel NS Pro - $208.65

Prices above before 15% standard discount. Fitting NO EXTRA CHARGE

Cheers

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting   Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping Owners Thread - Forgiving and Lasting
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next