Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Executive Courses in Singapore

Go down 
+30
albhedrin
paul@golf
mathieu.liong
garath1981
Derek
d1g
kennyky
dancsy
pakleow
Sean76
enwee
willytan
XD1293
bodvista
idrahus
joshyo
Golfkid
aychuen
Tituman
voxster
DimWit Kid
garylin
pizzaboi
asahi
celine107
yanhaotiong
Duval_S
clarencekim
weesern
zhenxua
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Does anyone knows if NSRCC EC opens on Monday? Do they allow 1 ball?
Do I need to book in advance or walk-in will do?

Was thinking of going there (first flight) before heading to work in Changi.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm

willytan wrote:

Call them up, one ball not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm

willytan wrote:

Hi Bro,

NSRCC EC is closed on tuesday 7am -12pm.

No booking needed, just walk-in. If you do not have handicap or PC (need to show), just take a swing test (FOC). I think they allow 1 ball for executive course.

Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Thks guys for the quick reply.
Maybe I will go there tmr for a 9 hole.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

I think NSRCC Exec course is the best. Superb fairway, greens, and well maintain. Also, very friendly in terms of permission to play - as stated earlier, just go to the range and they will issue a 6 months temp permit. Also, they are ok with sport shoes. Course is a little challenging for beginners so be prepared to lose some balls. You will see some regular playing during off peak periods with several balls. They normally practice their short game there. Have fun...
Back to top Go down
dancsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dancsy

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Agree, NSRCC is still the best in terms of course layout and maintenance, like a proper 18 holes Par 3.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:54 am

Hi guys,

Trying to gather so more info on exec courses in Singapore.

Long story short i want to bring my friend to a short 9 holes but he does not have his PC. he took 8hours classes with a pro in singapore with me but at the end we could not finish the class because of the lack of professionalism of the coach .... (i was flying back to france at the time and we were supposed to finish the class in time but the coach was not answering to phone the last 3 weeks for the 2 final classes....)
That was a year ago. Myself i contyinued classes in France, got the equivalent of the PC and Handicap (we got it at the same time there), but my handicap reaches the european max handicap (52 i think). [the only way to lower it is to day competitiion which i did not have time to do and lack of confidence with woods....]
Back in singapore, i refreshed my firend's golf swing, which is still ok so i want him to get back motivation to play, so planning to bring him to a courses...
Long story... ( btw if you have coach to rewcommend i wld be happy to hear from you, planning to take some class for my wood technique and some other freinds wants to start golfing.. we work in raffles place)

So, from what i read in the forum, there might be only 3 exec courses we could go to on week ends since my friends dont have a PC and I am a foreigner.
-Mandai exec courses 9 holes (about $30 i believe - dont know exact pirces)
-JCC 2x5holes - advertising $40 on week ends
-Green fairway 9 holes ? - price wise i dont know.. do you know?

Is that correct ?

Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi guys, can anybody confirm that JCC doesn't require PC? Tried to call to ask but they didn't pick up. Or, if required, would it be possible to make a swing test in front of pro like at MBGC? I'm planning to go tomo..
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi Kennyky ... There is also Tanglin GC ... in and around the Dempsey Road are ... no PC required ... either weekday or weekends

Hi d1g, I guess if JCC is running a promotion, they are unlikely to turn paying customers away, especially since the exec course is used mainly by students and beginners, seldom by their own members.

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi Kennyky ... There is also Tanglin GC ... in and around the Dempsey Road are ... no PC required ... either weekday or weekends

Thx Derek, what would you say about the course ?
do you know how much do they charge ?
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks Derek!
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:19 pm

oh apparently, Green fariway changed to Champions golf ...
http://www.championsgolf.com.sg/course.html

but $53.5 per 9 holes, is it worth it ?
Back to top Go down
garath1981
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Anyone played the 9-holes at Green Fairways since it changed management ? Has the course condition improved ?

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/archive/sunday/lifestyle/sports/green-fairways-gets-reboot-20130119
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Can call Tanglin at this number. 6 x Par 3 ... longest 140m 4 holes 90-125m 1 hole 65m. The price is for 2 rounds of 6 but if there is no one behind, can hit multiple balls.

Tel: (65) 6479 6670

Good for practicing irons

Personally, I prefer JCC layout, but why don't you give both a try?

Caution, if it has been raining, give both courses a miss, there is no drainage

Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks Derek for info & tips!

I will definately try both ! i think tanglin will be good for an introduction to "real" course to my friend. seems easier

is tanglin crowded on sundays ? planning to go there around 1 or 2pm (to get out the extra sweat Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Kenny, you should have the course to yourself at that time ...

Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 pm

hahaha nice ! i guessed the course is packed only in the morning !
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 pm

kennyky wrote:
hahaha nice ! i guessed the course is packed only in the morning !
Kenny, in fact all the course in sg and jb pm almost empty regardless it's executive or full. If you want to practice with a not so busy course, i guess this is the best time.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 am

kennyky wrote:
Thanks Derek for info & tips!

I will definately try both ! i think tanglin will be good for an introduction to "real" course to my friend. seems easier

is tanglin crowded on sundays ? planning to go there around 1 or 2pm (to get out the extra sweat Surprised)

I would highly recommend NSRCC par 3 ex course (there is a promotion going on, check the website), it is the best 9 hole in term of green condition, maintainance n course design. You just need a swing test which last u 6mths.
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:06 am

kennyky wrote:
Hi guys,

Trying to gather so more info on exec courses in Singapore.

Long story short i want to bring my friend to a short 9 holes but he does not have his PC. he took 8hours classes with a pro in singapore with me but at the end we could not finish the class because of the lack of professionalism of the coach .... (i was flying back to france at the time and we were supposed to finish the class in time but the coach was not answering to phone the last 3 weeks for the 2 final classes....)
That was a year ago. Myself i contyinued classes in France, got the equivalent of the PC and Handicap (we got it at the same time there), but my handicap reaches the european max handicap (52 i think). [the only way to lower it is to day competitiion which i did not have time to do and lack of confidence with woods....]
Back in singapore, i refreshed my firend's golf swing, which is still ok so i want him to get back motivation to play, so planning to bring him to a courses...
Long story... ( btw if you have coach to rewcommend i wld be happy to hear from you, planning to take some class for my wood technique and some other freinds wants to start golfing.. we work in raffles place)

So, from what i read in the forum, there might be only 3 exec courses we could go to on week ends since my friends dont have a PC and I am a foreigner.
-Mandai exec courses 9 holes (about $30 i believe - dont know exact pirces)
-JCC 2x5holes - advertising $40 on week ends
-Green fairway 9 holes ? - price wise i dont know.. do you know?

Is that correct ?

Hi, go to NSRCC Changi and they (Driving range) will see if you can at least swing, if so they will issue you a temporary 6 months card to play. You can then register and play at their executive course which is no doubt the best in Singapore. I think it cost 20+ for 9 holes weekday and 40+ for 9 holes weekend.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info guys !! =]
Back to top Go down
mathieu.liong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:12 am

Any reviews of champions golf (green fairways)?
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

yesterday i went to Tanglin for the last flight (5.30pm)
The prices are higher than the last post, it is now $42,5 approx.

The course is ok, the fairway are soso, but the tee boxes are fine i find.
It was not a great day of golf for me, though the course is quite easy and short, you have to be shoot straight as the fairway are not super wide. The greens are ok, quite slow and irregular for one to the other.
Was a good choice golfing speaking for my beginner friend. he enjoyed it.
I believe its a little bit pricey for what it is... (compared to short 9 holes / executive courses equivalent i played in France.)

BUT, i got a lot of mosquito's bites - at least 10 total on both legs. No big ants but lots of small ants.
I should have worn pants + mosquitos repellent !!!!
Just bc im a mosquito magnet i may not go there anymore, and since its $40+ i shld give a try to JCC NSRCC (if foreigners are welcome) and Mandai.

Good game of fun htough !! =)
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm

mathieu.liong wrote:
Any reviews of champions golf (green fairways)?

hi, they used to insist on handicap but don't so nowadays

the course can be quite tough for beginners but still challenging for seasoned golfers as you will need to know the course layout and manage your shots properly and consistently too

good workout for the feet as you will climb up and down the fairways, holes to holes while pulling your bag trolleys too

enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
albhedrin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albhedrin

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:33 am

great info, paul@golf. i will try it out this during this long weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Executive Courses in Singapore   Executive Courses in Singapore - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Executive Courses in Singapore
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next