Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??

Go down 
+11
shotah
como
tronos
rocky
S70B
grooveballer
ralphlim
who8168
Elbry
Technospaz
colin2011
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? Empty
PostSubject: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi bros,

any good 52" wedges (AW) to recommend ??

not necessary the latest model....

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

I got a Cleveland CG12 52˚ wedge which I love. Really good buy at that time anyway.

I think Pan West at Jln Pemimpin has offers on Titleist Vokey wedges at $99. Other Pan West shops are selling the Callaway X-Forged wedges for $150 or so. Those are pretty good too Smile

Alternatively, try Creative Golf or one of those shops at Far East if you don't mind a 2nd hand wedge to play with Smile

For a good review of wedges, check this out. It's a great review Smile
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Hey Techno, any idea where I can get those Cleveland CG12 52 degrees wedge in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Elbry wrote:
Hey Techno, any idea where I can get those Cleveland CG12 52 degrees wedge in Singapore?

I got mine from Golfers Network. IIRC, their outlet at Excelsior at some 52˚ ones yesterday.
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Elbry wrote:

I got mine from Golfers Network. IIRC, their outlet at Excelsior at some 52˚ ones yesterday.

Oh! nice... will have a look there.

at what price did you get, bro ?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:23 pm

colin2011 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Elbry wrote:

Oh! nice... will have a look there.

at what price did you get, bro ?

I got mine at $99 during the sale. I'm not sure how much they cost now. If you are keen, I would suggest that you call and ask them for the price. If it's affordable, ask them to reserve it for you.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:55 pm

Cleveland CG12 & CG14 are great, but the best has got to be the new Vokey (BV) with milled face. The previous BV 52* (i m using 1 now) didn't hv milled face, but still works for me. If u prefer more zip, get the new model & get a little kick seeing ur ball spinning back on the green Shocked
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:20 pm

TM RAC 52" or 56" also not bad.... I got a 52" RAC from GN during their last round of sales before all the incident happened....

if not you may wish to try the Nike SV 52....
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 pm

i second the nike sv tour series. very easy to control and good bite. i prefer it over the cleveland 588.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 pm

U can't go wrong with Vokeys.

At supposedly $99 at Pan West, it can't get any better unless they include the Spin Milled ones too.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Wedges are like putters. They are very personal. For me, wedges are my favourite type of clubs. Whenever I get a chance to try out a different wedge I will go for it.

Vokey Spin Milled, Nike Victory and Nike TW Wedge have a feedback that is rather soft and the club feels light. They are relatively less forgiving than other wedges. I find that Vokey SM have a slightly smaller clubface than most other wedges.
Nike SV hits with a loud "thack!" but give a strong blow to the ball. Goes through the sand well. However it gives a lot of forward roll after hitting the green. Heavy club.
Vokey 200 Series feel rather blunt but holds the green really well. At most it takes 3 bounces and stops.
Pride are usually fitted with Japanese shafts (read: softer) but the club head gives awesome backspin. You can actually see the ball pull on the brakes after the first bounce. Japs have a thing for odd numbers, so if I am not mistaken, there's only 51 degrees and 53 degrees.
Ikasu Black is more on the heavy side. Feedback felt full and the audio feedback was clear and distinct. A bit pricey.
Mizuno (dunno what model) cuts through sand like butter. Had an unusually large club face that I wasn't really used to.
Cleveland CG10 felt much like the Nike SV Tour.

If you are interested, why not try this one:

GOLD'S FACTORY

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 am

best value is the Nike SV tour at $69.

Lukewa also have the Nike VR on sale (not sure if still on)
Back to top Go down
como
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 am

The mizuno T-series are nice but wedges are kinda personal. it may be to one's liking but not another.

Therefore go out n try as many as u like....

another brand worth considering is fourteen. they make nice stuff too.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 am

Pride wedges also comes in 57 deg and if Rocky didn't mention, I also did not realise that they come only in odd numbers. The darker finish Prides are pretty nice too and GN sells them. I used to use Prides but I still find them a bit Heavy, so now I using TM Rac TPs.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 am

Shotah: They don't come only in odd numbers because my dad plays the 58 degrees. It's just that they have many lofts in odd numbers.

Weight is always an issue. My preference is for heavy clubs. It is to prevent myself from casting the club. Not everyone likes heavy clubs
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:22 am

there will be changes to wedges loft next year...

the norm will be 53, 57 and maybe 62.

the reason for this change is the new groove that they have to use on tour. so my suggestion is buy a few more wedge you like and keep it.

for club play, this will not take into effect until 2014.

DGman

btw do you know the average tour player wear out their grooves every 3 months?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:34 am

DGman wrote:
btw do you know the average tour player wear out their grooves every 3 months?

I didn't know that. I guess that tour players are quite aggressive hitters so I can see how their wedges will thin quickly. I guess for newbies like myself, I'll be using my wedge for a few years Razz
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:35 am

I guess my clubs are not the popular ones... Crying or Very sad

I play Ping Tour-W wedge; which I think is great! except the Ping AWT shaft is a little iffy, a little too soft maybe..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
I guess my clubs are not the popular ones... Crying or Very sad

I play Ping Tour-W wedge; which I think is great! except the Ping AWT shaft is a little iffy, a little too soft maybe..

Frankly, I believe it all boils down to how you feel when you play the club. Reviews/ratings are personal, especially for golf clubs. What works for the reviewer may not always work for you. So, if you are happy with your club and it feels good, then stick with it Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am

I was using TM wedge (i think is the z grooves) I bought from the GN henderson sales last year and its nice for me... now change to SV, dun really hit it well now... the TM wedge looks slightly smaller and is lighter than SV... when I chip with SV, I feel the clubhead trying to catch up with my hand ( dun hv this problem with teh TM). Now getting slightly better with the SV as long as I remember to not let the club catch up...

ultimately, you have to try and see which u prefer...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Elbry wrote:

Just checked. They still have 2 52˚ CG12 wedges which are going for $99 a piece.
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Elbry wrote:

Just checked. They still have 2 52˚ CG12 wedges which are going for $99 a piece.

They have only one left ....
I got it during lunch time Razz Thanks to Bro Tech lead..

Intially went to Joe but didn't find anything i Like

Off to GN.. very tempted to get Pride Neutral
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Happy to help Smile Hope you enjoy the 52˚ I know I did!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Hey colin, If you dont me 2nd ones that is in pretty good condition, I have on to release.

Please me with email addr, I will send you picture tonight. Let it go coz I dont use 60.
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:41 am

Khorkar wrote:
Hey colin, If you dont me 2nd ones that is in pretty good condition, I have on to release.

Please me with email addr, I will send you picture tonight. Let it go coz I dont use 60.

thanks for yr offer, bro...

but i'm only looking at 52 wedges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??   recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recommendation for 52" Wedges (AW) ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next