Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC

Go down 
+24
Clares
ramus
golfoooo
Edgarkj
xd3vilx
charlestanbl
BabyCroc
pinkgolfshoes
shorthitter
and68low
EricSKH
HH
scotty2010
brianpan
weesern
daveaha
RegiT
Birdman
vcrpex
clarencekim
guanoe
nientsu
jurongtiger
yuki
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC Empty
PostSubject: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi.. anyone taken lesson with YC Law at Sin Ming?

http://www.golfyc.com/index.html
Any feedback on this as considering taking up some lessons.. Thanks. Swing
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Yes bro I have!

Right about 3 years ago when I first started out golf in Bishan.

Nice funny guy.

Thats about all I can say here.

Pls pm me for more if you wan to know.

yuki wrote:

Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh...realised my mistake.. hello sister

jurongtiger wrote:
Yes bro I have!

Right about 3 years ago when I first started out golf in Bishan.

Nice funny guy.

Thats about all I can say here.

Pls pm me for more if you wan to know.

yuki wrote:

Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 am

Hi bro... Thks..

But apart from he is funny, how's his coaching? Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:09 am

sista. he orede ask u to PM him....
Back to top Go down
guanoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:55 am

Hi Yuki,

Why dont you take a walk around Bishan Range. They have a few academies. Speak to the coaches and find the one you are most comfortable with.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am

YC Law & Jason Tan are both USGTF trained coaches, not Singapore PGA trained ones which could be good, or could be bad.

I have learned useful tips from coaches from both SPGA & USGTF members, but started with an SPGA coach many years ago.

Ask for demo lesson and some referals.

Most coaches have 'good' students and ''disgruntled' students.

A bit fo research before paying money will save you much possible hassle and frustration later.

Why not check out the academies at OCC, MBGC, JCC or other large driving ranges?

Good luck.

CK
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am

nientsu wrote:
sista. he orede ask u to PM him....

oh ya hor.. Tink when I'm reading e post at tat timing, some words r filter in my dreamland..

Thks nientsu..
Back to top Go down
vcrpex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 am

hi yuki,
i would recommend Allen Kelly aka Shorthitter at Laguna. he is my second coach, i feel that i learn much more from him than my previous coach. Swing wise and distance wise i have improve under his teachings. Do talk to a few of coaches or students of the coaches before deciding.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 am

guanoe wrote:
Hi Yuki,

Why dont you take a walk around Bishan Range. They have a few academies. Speak to the coaches and find the one you are most comfortable with.

Cheers

Think if I do tat, after talking to 1 only I will b stuck.. I'm e kind that if tat person talk nicely n abit persuasive.. N tat's it!! Hehe..
Back to top Go down
guanoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:24 am

yuki wrote:
guanoe wrote:
Hi Yuki,

Cheers

Think if I do tat, after talking to 1 only I will b stuck.. I'm e kind that if tat person talk nicely n abit persuasive.. N tat's it!! Hehe..

I guess you have to first identify a location/range that is convenient/comfortable to go to on a regular basis.

Should get one coach soon before your hacking of balls groove in something undesirable.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:29 am

You might want to think about the style of teaching and how it suits you Yuki. Which is why some coaches have some happy n unhappy students at the same time.

Are you a feel or technical player?

Are you a person who likes certain moves and positions explained to you so you understand them before you try them out? Do you like a detailed technical explanation?

Or do you prefer to be just shown the correct positions and be given drills with no explanation so your mind won't be cluttered?

Do you prefer a coach who stands by you 100% of the time explaining and encouraging you, or would rather he tell you once, then step back and let you absorb and practice a bit first, and come back later.

It's important to know yourself so you can best find a coach to match your personality and style. If you can, watch the coaches from the side first and see how they teach different students, not just one. That way you can tell if the coach adapts his teaching to each student's ability and personality. And you can also hear if his explanations are too confusing or easy enough to understand for you.

Remember, you will be putting down quite a sum of money and time once you sign on the dotted line, so pick the right coach for you. Do all the above first before you talk indepth to the coach so you won't be so easily persuaded by just his talk.

Hope this helps. Very Happy

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 am

hmmm... so many things to consider that y it puts me off in finding a coach for lessons...

tink self-taught and taking advice from friends will stay for awhile before i source out tat ideal coach i wan...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:44 am

Ha ha.... I think I have some idea of how you like to learn golf already. Smile

Actually, since you are just starting out, you are a clean slate, easier for you to learn the game cos got no bad habits ingrained yet.

Rather than some of us, play for years then go for lessons, hard to change then.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 am

wah sei.. so fast read my mind liao ah... Laughing

but i tink i alrea stuck with some bad habits n trying to change after some point out from some GRians.. keke...

only can keep practice Swing Swing Swing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 am

I may be wrong... who knows?

But for sure you are stuck on this game from the way you pound the balls.

One tip, if you practice with the wrong fundamentals, you are just ingraining your bad habits and the wrong moves.

One more, stop when you are tired, cos your body won't respond the way you want it to. And take small breaks in between practicing.

Lots more, but two first for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:03 pm

guanoe wrote:

I guess you have to first identify a location/range that is convenient/comfortable to go to on a regular basis.

Should get one coach soon before your hacking of balls groove in something undesirable.
I disagree. It not location or range you should consider. I rather travel further for good coach than convenience and not good coach. I start MBGC because close to my work but coaches there terrible. I now drive further to have lesson but worth the extra travel. SG so small so I advise on qualiy not convenience My coach at Yishun and moving to Tuas but will follow him because its the coach not the location
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Glad you found the right coach RegiT, great for you. Makes learning golf all the more interesting and exciting when you see yourself and your skills move to the next level. Smile
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Birdman wrote:
I may be wrong... who knows?

But for sure you are stuck on this game from the way you pound the balls.

One tip, if you practice with the wrong fundamentals, you are just ingraining your bad habits and the wrong moves.

One more, stop when you are tired, cos your body won't respond the way you want it to. And take small breaks in between practicing.

Lots more, but two first for you. Smile

Hope i'm stuck to it n not giving up!

ya, tat tip of to stop n rest will be in my mind... dun wish to hurt my left shoulder again... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

RegiT wrote:
guanoe wrote:

I disagree. It not location or range you should consider. I rather travel further for good coach than convenience and not good coach. I start MBGC because close to my work but coaches there terrible. I now drive further to have lesson but worth the extra travel. SG so small so I advise on qualiy not convenience My coach at Yishun and moving to Tuas but will follow him because its the coach not the location

Ya agree quality should be the point.. But location n convenience is also e factor.. too far away which cause inconvenience will put some negative in e mind even though like golf alot...

If can find good coach n good location that will be the BEST! but have meh?? scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Find a good coach first, then move house to where he is teaching lor. Than have already!

People move house for kid's school, why cannot move house for good coach?

ROFL
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

yuki wrote:
RegiT wrote:
guanoe wrote:

Ya agree quality should be the point.. But location n convenience is also e factor.. too far away which cause inconvenience will put some negative in e mind even though like golf alot...

If can find good coach n good location that will be the BEST! but have meh?? scratch lol!

Dear yuki... Singapore is so small... end to end can reach within one hour.... In other countries you may have to travel far to reach your destination... Wink

Go with the coach you're most comfortable with and suit your learning style IMHO...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Birdman wrote:
Find a good coach first, then move house to where he is teaching lor. Than have already!

People move house for kid's school, why cannot move house for good coach?

ROFL

wah sei... then hv to change job too to accomodate everything in.. lol!

see.. my hse to office if drive less than 10 mins... to range abt 15 mins.. to childcare 1 min.. ROFL

you will know what kind of person I am... Wink
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:21 pm

daveaha wrote:

Dear yuki... Singapore is so small... end to end can reach within one hour.... In other countries you may have to travel far to reach your destination... Wink

Go with the coach you're most comfortable with and suit your learning style IMHO...

If can find a coach I'm comfortable with, I won't mind..

but hor now is dun noe choose which one ah.. who is e one im comfortable with lei scratch Mad
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 pm

You looking for coach, not husband!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC   Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback needed for lesson at GolfYC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next