Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons Empty
PostSubject: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:22 pm

HI all

Anyone using this set of irons yet? Rated Silver in Golf Digest and they look even sweeter in real life.

I liek it for its pearl black finish and the Cleveland laser milled faces! Unfortunately its in cast iron and not forged?? Sad((

Is it retailing in Spore? How much for a new set 3-P?

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/US_cg7-tour-black-pearl-irons__cg7_tour_bp_irons__viewProd_irons.html
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:24 pm

I played with the one that is not black pearl. Plays like a taylor made cavity back iron.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh thats disappointing..plays like cavity back??
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:31 pm

If your backside is itchy, I can bring my CG1 Black Pearl for you to try when we play on Sadiyaat next weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes, You can tell my backside is getting itchy.

I am now looking at a new set of backup irons (hopefully get them reshafted in KBS) and I was tellin you abt how sweet this set looks right??? I think the CG7 is the same with the CG Reds cleveland is carrying all this while?

And a new triangle shaped driver, much like your TM Tour Burner...maybe its time I ditched my Hibore.... Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi bore is great stuff but don't have the courage to use that to hit.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 pm

If you like the shape of the Tour Burner, i can look out for some good deals for you, then ship to UAE via my Aramex account.

My CG1 Black Pearls are also up for sale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Send me pics of yoru CG1 leh..... shat shaft??? yes pls recommend me some nice shaped, smaller heard drivers! we can ship it together!
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:29 pm

jurongtiger, i hve a set of CG1 black pearl club fitted with KBS tour shafts 4-PW. u interested???
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Jurongtiger, just a note that the CG1 is made of a softer material which is Cleveland's CMM steel, which is very soft. I have CMM in my CG4 Tour irons which is a cast club, yet it dings like forged. I hit out of a waste bunker with some stones in it, and chipped my 8 iron badly.

CG7 Tour is no more CMM and uses a visco-elastic insert to dampen vibrations for a semblance of the forged feel. And yes, from the design, I too feel the the CG7 Tour is an update of the previous CG Red, just with the zip grooves, laser milled face and black finish. The finish by the way wears off after some play, exposing the bare metal underneath.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm

My CG1s are on DG S300 shafts. And yes, the forging is stupid soft. Clubs look like crap even though they have not bee gamed much. That's what the material is like Sad
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Hmmm... i heard also how the black finish wears off especially around the face, much like what is happening now to my forged VR wedges....

CG1 muscle back I cannot take it man.... and I heard distance lost of more than one club for the CG 1's???

Anyway...the search for the backup backup set continues...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah, you just learn to use your 7i instead of your 8i. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:49 pm

i experience distance loss initially. lately gain bk the distance after getting comfy with the weight of the shaft. however, it is def not as forgiving as cavity back. good feel makes up for it. if u pref to take it easy playing golf, i wont recommend muscle back for u Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm

My CG1 is on superlite R300.
CG Red on R300.
CG7 tour red on R300.

Thou I lost distance when using CG1 I still prefer to the rest of above.
However, looking either to get VR blades or MP68 or even MP68i if I can
catch hold of one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons   CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CG7 Tour Black Pearl Irons
Page 1 of 1