Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey

Go down 
+2
Ssquirrel
puteh83
6 posters
AuthorMessage
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey Empty
PostSubject: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 am

Any idea?
Sorry, i'm not well verse with the R & R.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 am

What's the question? How to get back at the monkey?

If your ball is at rest already and then got moved by the outside agency (monkey); replace ball as close as possible at the location (no penalty).

If ball still in motion and gets deflected/stopped by outside agency; play it as it lies (no penalty, but watch out for angry rabid monkey).

Here's an interesting clip.
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:48 am

Hi SS,

The ball is at rest just at the apron...can see from where i tee-ed off, with alot of monkies around...
but when i drive down, the ball went missing...

my frd and i gathered that one of the the monkies might had took it..and he insisted that i dropped the ball and add strokes.. so im just wondering if it's true...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
What's the question? How to get back at the monkey?

If your ball is at rest already and then got moved by the outside agency (monkey); replace ball as close as possible at the location (no penalty).

If ball still in motion and gets deflected/stopped by outside agency; play it as it lies (no penalty, but watch out for angry rabid monkey).

Here's an interesting clip.

Hahahaha..just wonder, wat will happen if the kind bird pick up the ball and drop it into the hole ?? If no penalty and consider as the ball when into teh hole, think there is a business to strat training birds to pick up ball and drop into teh hole especially Par 3 HIO with big prize,....
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 am

4dtoto wrote:

Hahahaha..just wonder, wat will happen if the kind bird pick up the ball and drop it into the hole ?? If no penalty and consider as the ball when into teh hole, think there is a business to strat training birds to pick up ball and drop into teh hole especially Par 3 HIO with big prize,....

haha.. nice one 4dtoto.. i am aiming for hole-in-one for par-5 Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am

puteh83 wrote:
Hi SS,

The ball is at rest just at the apron...can see from where i tee-ed off, with alot of monkies around...
but when i drive down, the ball went missing...

my frd and i gathered that one of the the monkies might had took it..and he insisted that i dropped the ball and add strokes.. so im just wondering if it's true...

Oh...to apply the rule, it must be known or virtually certain that an outside agency has moved the ball. So if no one witnessed the ball taken by the monkey and your flightmates don't agree (no longer virtually certain) then it's stroke and distance penalty for lost ball...

Btw, I'm a weekend hacker who doesn't know the rules either.. So take all my comments with a pinch of salt.
I think there is a GR guy here who is some rules expert referee guy and not just some hack like me who is trying to look busy at work while typing this out.. albino
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:34 am

Oh man ... That clip was hilarious...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

Ssquirrel wrote:

Oh...to apply the rule, it must be known or virtually certain that an outside agency has moved the ball. So if no one witnessed the ball taken by the monkey and your flightmates don't agree (no longer virtually certain) then it's stroke and distance penalty for lost ball...

Btw, I'm a weekend hacker who doesn't know the rules either.. So take all my comments with a pinch of salt.
I think there is a GR guy here who is some rules expert referee guy and not just some hack like me who is trying to look busy at work while typing this out.. albino

we all saw where the ball landed...but not how it was taken or went missing...
my frd can still tell me good ball...

haha... we have something in common though... hacker and trying to look bz at work...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

Bro SS is weekend hacker????? The founder of TSS swing is master of disguise... Shifu of lots of GRians is definitely not a hacker unless we are referring to computer hacker.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Ssquirrel: there is a GR guy here who is some rules expert referee guy .

Technospaz (he's a lawyer BTW)

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey   Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qn: My ball got taken away by monkey
Page 1 of 1