Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are training aids really useful?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackswan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Are training aids really useful? Empty
PostSubject: Are training aids really useful?   Are training aids really useful? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Happened to chance upon David Leadbetter SwingSetter Pro which claims of improving distance and consistency. I thought it is something that busy people can use to practise swings indoors (home or during travel) so as to make a good swing into a habit. By making a swing into a habit, this reduces the need of thinking of the swing sequence on the actual green and thereby reducing the unnecessary stress created due to thinking too much into the swing. But a training aid is kinda of expensive (almost the price of some taylormade wedge). Have anyone tried one of those training aid? Does it work? What's your view?
Back to top Go down
vcrpex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are training aids really useful?   Are training aids really useful? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:55 pm

hi blackswan,
i think the training aids should work, but whether you swing it probably is another thing. the worst part is tat u groove the wrong swing day in day out. for the price of the training aid, i rather get one more lesson with a golf coach. At least a coach can tell me what i am doing wrong, but for a training aid i feel that it will follow a certain path in ur swing, if ur plane is upright or too bent, u wun know the difference. for instance, some of the guys in the forum used an impact stick, i tried it before due to my coach. but i still prefer swinging at the ball with my own golf club. i have those home putting mat too, i also prefer to practise my putting at the putting area at the club rather than the one at home as there is always a lie and not flat on the green most of the time. tats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Are training aids really useful?   Are training aids really useful? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Training aid helps....

Like an explanar really works...available in DGMan shop

I know a few local golfers in my country who use this aid to develop muscle memory.
Every morning they do the explanar drill...

but whats important before you buy training aids is how "persistent" you are.

Some buy training aids and used it for a week or two ....
and then become "lazy" and just leave them....as display
so your just gonna wasting "money"

Aside from Training aids, You can also invest on golf video's such as
Jim McLean 8 step swing video....it can help guide you where and what position your hand should be...

URL text
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are training aids really useful?   Are training aids really useful? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are training aids really useful?
Page 1 of 1