Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeping track of strokes

Go down 
+5
shotah
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
clarencekim
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Keeping track of strokes Empty
PostSubject: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I have to admit....I am mathematically challlenge.....sometimes for donno WTF reason, I lost track of my strokes per hole. Am thinking of getting this 'clicker' where you click on it everytime finish one stroke.....any idea where to get?
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Golf House Takashamiya?

I tot me saw some before next to the tees and other golf gizmos for sale on the back wall.

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Many golf shops have it. It's quite common but I'm not sure if it's really necessary. If you can remember to click, you should be able to remember the stroke count mentally.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:53 pm

I've seen several different types, from a mechanical clicker, to digital clicker to beads tied on a string where you can move the beads around; sold at most of the golf stores (golf house, transview, world of golf, etc)...

But, better save your money lah... After a while you'll probably not use it...
If your really need a clicker/counter, you're probably scoring too high, just enjoy your game, don't worry about the scores...

Learn/practise to manually keep track of your strokes and your flight mate strokes... (Very impt when you start playing with the buayas around Laughing )
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:56 pm

use handphone loh. WHen you end up getting binary combinations, then you are super strong liao.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Shotah, use handphones means you download special s/w for your phone ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:05 pm

no need, after everyhole, just key in the number of strokes in sms/notepad and just save loh.
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Aiyoh, easily resolved la... bet $$$ on a per stroke basis. your buddy will track for you la.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Duval, dont worry, I also have the same problem. I have few solutions for you

1 when you cant count, means that you hit too many times. Just count it as double par

2 remember that type of clubs you use. Tee off - driver, then 3 wood, then 7 iron then ON. Plus 3 putts. Total = driver + 3wood + 7iron + 3 putts + 1 penalty for water = 7 strokes

3 improve your game. Its easy to count to 5. beyond that its difficult. so less strokes equal less counting.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I have to admit....I am mathematically challlenge.....sometimes for donno WTF reason, I lost track of my strokes per hole. Am thinking of getting this 'clicker' where you click on it everytime finish one stroke.....any idea where to get?

At Daiso can get it.. $2. Very Happy
I have one hung on my bag but have never used it.

When I blast the hole, I count my stroke by recalling how many iron hit, how many chip and how many putt. Sum it all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping track of strokes   Keeping track of strokes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping track of strokes
Page 1 of 1