Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?

Go down 
+6
frosTEE
JonL_TK
duffader
4dtoto
Titleist
HyBriD
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? Empty
PostSubject: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey,

Golf Digest will be coming out with a list of non-conforming irons on their upcoming May issue.

The Febuary issue of Golf Digest gave a short list of irons which are non-conforming for US Golf Pros right now in US Pro circuit.

By year 2014, our "U" groove irons will all be non-conforming ( correct me if i am wrong)...

So will you Wait or will you start looking for new irons that are conforming?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:06 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Hey,

Golf Digest will be coming out with a list of non-conforming irons on their upcoming May issue.

The Febuary issue of Golf Digest gave a short list of irons which are non-conforming for US Golf Pros right now in US Pro circuit.

By year 2014, our "U" groove irons will all be non-conforming ( correct me if i am wrong)...

So will you Wait or will you start looking for new irons that are conforming?

Clubs purchased before 2011 can be used until 2024 unless its an event that adopts the condition of competition rule. Right now thats only professional events and certain USGA events. Its expected that in 2014 certain elite amateur events will also adopt the rule. These would be events such as national amateur championships and so forth. So unless you are playing in any of those you are fine with what you have till 2024.

Also, as of 2011 manufacturers will make only conforming grooves.

In our case all our irons have been conforming since 2008 (and many models before but not all) and there are both conforming and non conforming Vokey's available now. From 2011 we will have only the conforming wedges so this is the last year to buy wedges with the current groove.

There is a good article attached here as well:

http://www.golfalot.com/News/Features/WedgeGrooveRules.aspx

We hope that helps.

Titleist
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Many thanks for the input
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Titliest,

So are the SM wedges bought in 2008 and 2009 conforming ?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Tity wedges that are conforming will have the C.C logo.... and i doubt any of the wedges off the shops are of that model yet.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Titliest,

So are the SM wedges bought in 2008 and 2009 conforming ?
Conforming to daily play = YES
Conforming to PGA play = NO
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Crying or Very sad Must practise the wedges more often til the groove no more so that i have a reason to get new conforming wedges ... dun know how long that is going to take..
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

I love my Vokeys too much to change them.... like wat 4dtoto says, will use till the groove is totally worn out....
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

I will most cetainly use my "illegal" Vokey Spin Mills as long as I legally can. Like La Frostee, I like mine too much to change. In fact, I'm thinking of stocking up on some new ones towards the middle of this year, in anticipation of mine wearing out by mid 2011 (just in case the "non-conforming" ones are discontinued).
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

You can grind them at the den mah...hehehe.. very soon worn out liao...hahaha
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Are you guys turning pro or what ?????? If not, this is one chapter of golf you don't have to worry about until the day arrives that the golf authorities will put you in jail for using nonconforming clubs. If they don't do that, just continue to use your clubs la. Right now worry about hitting your ball long and straight la. Like my grandma always tells me, " don't try to run until you learn to walk la" . I will not worry myself silly thinking of something which will not affect an amateur player like me and like the rest of masses. I just make sure I can play golf and enjoy the company of my flight mates. I really couldn't care less about conformity unless I am taking part in the Nationals ! Till the day comes when people from the golf clubs need to check whether your clubs are conforming or not, I don't unnecessary gives myself problems which does not affect me at all. Mad Mad I always believe in

" DON'T TROUBLE TROUBLES UNTIL TROUBLE TROUBLES YOU "

titu

" Fire away " but best throw pro V1 balls at me kekekkekke

Last edited by Tituman on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi Tituman,

If pple throw ProV1 at you, give me some too...ok..

Must have a aim mah.. cannot be pro, but must play like pro mah...or aim to be a pro, than can improve leh..
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Bob, we being bro, sure man, will share share with you . So far no one throw yet. Not even a top flite kekekek Laughing

titu
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

i prefer wedge with not so much spin, cause my spin somehow is not straight...my ball will take a off break. Somehow play Nike SV tour is better than my Nike VR, which is another problem cause the 56 is the Nike VR.

guess for beginners the new wedge may be better...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Titu... People are just being kiasu or are afraid that their flight mates might badger them by saying thy using non conforming clubs!

Anyways... No harm asking!

Better stock up on the Spin Milled vokeys... If not mistaken, last year stop production!
Tell tale sign is instead of a red spin milled logo, it's now replaced by a gold/yellow logo...

Have fun back spinning!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi bro Jon, if my flight mates badgered me about my clubs being non conforming, during friendly, before 2014, that will be the last game they play with me. Even for a professional golfer, a non conforming driver can only add another maybe 10 - 15 yards of so. For an amateur golfer, I doubt you will be able to achieved anything more than 5 - 10 yards and for that to happen, he or she must be very good. To be honest with ourselves, our kind of standard, there is absolutely no difference whether you are using conforming or non conforming. So why is there so much harp over it? It only affects the pros what. Why people
get so harped when it makes no diff to them??? Tsk tsk........ Mad I know some people just want to show what they have. " Style mau aja, kalah tak apa " lol!

Titu

If you are not throwing proVs at me, please don't throw at all hor. I have a lot of chapalang balls already.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Actually for me, I am pretty sure my golf mates will insist that I use non-conforming...else I will be playing 2 times or more of my HC......and that will take a long long long time to finish the 18holes...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 am

tronos wrote:
i prefer wedge with not so much spin, cause my spin somehow is not straight...my ball will take a off break. Somehow play Nike SV tour is better than my Nike VR, which is another problem cause the 56 is the Nike VR.

guess for beginners the new wedge may be better...

mmm, this surely gave a thought on toomuch spin....no wonder my chip tense to turn left immedietly after landing like hitting uneven ground or doing emergency turning like that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?   Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you wait till 2014 or will you buy New Conforming Irons as soon as you can?
Page 1 of 1