Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!

Go down 
+7
nutty88
mUAr_cHEe
botak
Lizardman
Technospaz
mylim
Duval_S
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:20 am

Tuesday March 2, 2010
Tiger Woods is back home in Florida and back on the practice range, according to the Associated Press, citing "a person with knowledge of his schedule."
The AP's golf beat writer, Doug Ferguson, writes:

"Woods returned to his home near Orlando on Saturday and has been hitting balls on the range at Isleworth ...
"The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because only Woods is authorized to release information about his schedule, said there is still no timetable for golf's No. 1 player to return to competition."
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:19 am

hell yea!! he is back..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 am

They say that a leopard can never change its spots. I wonder if the tiger can ever change its stripes. Regardless, I'm happy to see TW back in the swing of things and I hope he has learned a very valuable lesson in not just being the best at golf but also being the best husband and father he can be to his family.
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 pm

I just think the media is hypocritical to turn his private life into a circus. What he does (or did) in his time off the green is his own business. Sure, he was not the best husband, but cheating and affairs happen everyday in America. Why is the whole world going a golfer?

Just my 2 cents anyway.
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:34 pm

yea lizard.. we r looking up to him as a golfer.. not his personal life..

anyway.. will nike come up with another tiger's come back ad like this one ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJwlQSI1iM&feature=related
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:47 pm

I feel he'll come back hungrier than before to win and prove that he's still got it. I look forward to another -18 score win at Augusta, -12 at US Open, and -19 at the Open Championship.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Technospaz wrote:
being the best husband and father he can be to his family.

i am sure u also know this very well by now that this is no easy feat. especially if you try to squeeze at least one round of golf per week.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 pm

I hope he is not practising his stray shots. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Lizardman wrote:
I just think the media is hypocritical to turn his private life into a circus. What he does (or did) in his time off the green is his own business. Sure, he was not the best husband, but cheating and affairs happen everyday in America. Why is the whole world going a golfer?

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Why? My 2cents:

He is not just the world's best golfer. He is also an idol for many many people including young children who look to him as their "wannabe." I'm sure you can appreciate that when Tiger came into the sport, many children (whether on their own or with their parents' insistence) decided to take up the sport. Many aspire to be like Tiger (like how some of us in the older generation may have wanted to be like Mike).

With that in mind, he should appreciate that he is also a role model to those out there. The golfing scene is unlike hollywood or politics. It's more wholesome or at least, it's supposed to be. By doing what he did, he (arguably) damaged himself as well as our perception of him as a role model.

Also, just because cheating and having affairs are not uncommon in America doesn't make it alright for Tiger to do so.

Anyway, I'm just glad that he's back and I hope he's got his goals both on and off the course sorted out.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I honestly think he would have been forgiven if he came up front during his previous interview and sincerely said, 'I am sorry his family, friends and his fans'

Well...he did apoligise. But he sounded so fabricated and scripted that no one believed.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:58 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

i am sure u also know this very well by now that this is no easy feat. especially if you try to squeeze at least one round of golf per week.

Ditto.
Very hard to do work life- family life - golf life balance
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Yes, no easy task. Not at all, to say that least. But it doesn't justify his "off-course activities."
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Why? My 2cents:

He is not just the world's best golfer. He is also an idol for many many people including young children who look to him as their "wannabe." I'm sure you can appreciate that when Tiger came into the sport, many children (whether on their own or with their parents' insistence) decided to take up the sport. Many aspire to be like Tiger (like how some of us in the older generation may have wanted to be like Mike).

With that in mind, he should appreciate that he is also a role model to those out there. The golfing scene is unlike hollywood or politics. It's more wholesome or at least, it's supposed to be. By doing what he did, he (arguably) damaged himself as well as our perception of him as a role model.

Also, just because cheating and having affairs are not uncommon in America doesn't make it alright for Tiger to do so.

Anyway, I'm just glad that he's back and I hope he's got his goals both on and off the course sorted out.

Appreciate your 2 cents. Wish to point out again that TW is only a damn good golfer. He has never pretended to be the stalwart of good morals. I would, however, readily crucify embezzling monks and chairpersons of scam charities -- characters out to deceive for their own gains.

Regarding the role of 'role models', I say let youngsters see their role models for the human beings they are, not infallible demi gods. This is the internet age where everyone (especially young people) have to be critical of all news/information/opinions they receive.

Sorry if i sound flustered. I am not against you or anyone in the forum. Just fed up with the media coverage of the TW affair.
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 pm

mylim wrote:
yea lizard.. we r looking up to him as a golfer.. not his personal life..

Very Happy

nicely said Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! 293543
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm

WOW....make it WOW (x 10).

Latest fm Golf Channel........Tiger was at range WITH ELIN....

PS: Could it be that Elin is taking over the bag fm Steve???
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Duval_S wrote:
WOW....make it WOW (x 10).

Latest fm Golf Channel........Tiger was at range WITH ELIN....

PS: Could it be that Elin is taking over the bag fm Steve???

Could it be Elin found out steve is the culprit & got him fired??
or keeping an eye on tiger .. & make sure he behaves.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Lizardman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Why? My 2cents:

Appreciate your 2 cents. Wish to point out again that TW is only a damn good golfer. He has never pretended to be the stalwart of good morals. I would, however, readily crucify embezzling monks and chairpersons of scam charities -- characters out to deceive for their own gains.

Regarding the role of 'role models', I say let youngsters see their role models for the human beings they are, not infallible demi gods. This is the internet age where everyone (especially young people) have to be critical of all news/information/opinions they receive.

Sorry if i sound flustered. I am not against you or anyone in the forum. Just fed up with the media coverage of the TW affair.

While I kind of agree with you, you have to understand that Mr Tiger Woods' image has being formulated by his image consultants to be projected as some kind of golfing family man. Think about all his endorsements, it came about from his type of image that companies want to associate themselves with. Apart from Nike and Gatorade, I really cant associate accenture or Tag Huer with golf. His golfing ability was merely a key to all his endrosements, at least for most of his endorsements. If he was merely a tour player, with no endorsements whatsoever, no one will care a shit about him, even if he slept with half the women in USA. And because TW is paid (lots of $$$) to be an endorser, he is responsible to project that kind of image everywhere he went.

And because of his image, different genders, different age catergories would think of Tiger differently. While men would normally associate him as a damn good golfer. Women would think otherwise...They would probably see him as a nice family man. Parents would also think of him differently. Because of his 'whoesome' image, parent would encourage kids more to take up golf and place tiger as a role model.

The whole media frenzy was not a result of the scandal, but rather by the breadown of his image that he projected.
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:17 pm

nientsu wrote:
While I kind of agree with you, you have to understand that Mr Tiger Woods' image has being formulated by his image consultants to be projected as some kind of golfing family man.
The whole media frenzy was not a result of the scandal, but rather by the breadown of his image that he projected.

I agree and also find it sad that moral and ethics in today's world are shaped by corporate branding.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 pm

More air time for the young up and comers makes golf more interesting to watch!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 pm

It was ok watching the west coast swing with those young guns like Dustin Johnson, Hunter Mahan, JB Holmes, Ricky Fowler doing well.... but none of them had the charisma that Tiger brought to the game. Phil... as nice a guy as he may be, he's not even close la... In the mean time, I'll wait for Ryo to pick up his game and dominate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Now I know why Tiger is back :

Quote :

Tag Heuer CEO says it will not drop Woods in China because success is measured by the number of mistresses you have. -AsiaOne

So....maybe .... just maybe,,,,, Tiger may join the China Tour....

PS: I am looking for a sponsor that measure me by how many double bogey I clocked per game....any recommendation
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Duval...me too.....maybe both of us can approach IWC for watches, Audi for cars and TMCC for country club.... :-p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!   Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Reportedly Practicing Again....Yahooooooo!!!!
Page 1 of 1