Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.

Go down 
+3
Tituman
alvin7379
TigaWood
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. Empty
PostSubject: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 am

Gratitude Of Heart!!!

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat.
A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.
Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."
I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day but I cannot see it."
Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have.. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively.
When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling…
And even more beautiful is, knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 am

No wonder you call yourself SEEBAYHO!! Nice article... Cheers!!... Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 am

Nice . Makes my day SBH.

titu
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 am

i am always thankful i get to enjoy a round of golf, whether i play it well or not.

we take many things in our lives for granted, sometimes looking at things in a different perspective, and i mean different perspective and not just being optimistic, can be enlightening and refreshing. we are often stuck in a rut, caught in the rat race, living our mundane lives.

SBH cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 am

eiji wrote:
i am always thankful i get to enjoy a round of golf, whether i play it well or not.

we take many things in our lives for granted, sometimes looking at things in a different perspective, and i mean different perspective and not just being optimistic, can be enlightening and refreshing. we are often stuck in a rut, caught in the rat race, living our mundane lives.

SBH cheers

heh... dear bro Eiji... next Friday at NSRCC Kranji is a good chance for you to be thankful!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am

Inspiring !!!

This also tell me to read more into the lines ...haha....

Wink
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Today is a beautiful day but i cannot play. who wanna give me money? Twisted Evil

SBH, good article.
Back to top Go down
horsie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:10 am

so true and inspiring... When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude.   Enjoy your day with a heart of gratitude. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1