Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Koh Samui?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:27 am

Just trying my luck. If anyone is going to Koh Samui this week, and want to play a round at Santiburi GCC, maybe we can hook up.

The course is on a mountain side. Heard the views are quite nice. Has anyone played there?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am

Hi pushslice... I played there once about a year ago. Nice course with very narrow fairways... be prepared to lose some balls if your drive do not touch the fairway as the forest is quite thick on both sides.

If I remember correctly... their markers are in yards... I thought they were in meters until hole 3/4... so you can imagine me overshooting the green everytime... just when I thought why that day all my shots so pure can go further than usual!!! -_-'''' Stretcher
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 am

thanks for the tip bro..I'll leave my TM TP balls home and bring the Noodles!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Field Report - March 12, 2010   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Played this morning. The course is pretty much empty, no flights before or after me and I am just one ball. Fairways are damn tight with jungle left and right, I lost 2 balls in the first three holes. But if you hit straight, it is manageable. I got 5 consecutive pars to make 44 on the front 9.

Second nine is a whole different story, longer and with more doglegs, steep uphill and downhill, ridges, creeks, rocks etc. Got tired, lost my swing along with another 3 balls, managed only 1 par. Scored 50 on back.

Greens on the front 9 aren't very smooth, and slightly better on the back. Slope is gentle and ball rolls slowly. The sand is very soft, so use med to high bounce wedge. Fairways are also well kept. Finally, the views are just magnificent! I paid $200 180 for green. caddy, buggy. Still have to manage transport to/fro. Expensive, but hey it's a holiday! All in all, I really enjoyed the course.

It has slope rating 145 from the blue tee. Course rating is 75.8. Chapchai won here last year, so if you are a long hitter, consider playing from the gold tees Cool Here are some pics.

Golf in Koh Samui? Picture042ax.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture041v.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture040r.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture038u.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture029mb.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture028eh.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture025eo.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture047k.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture045e.th
Golf in Koh Samui? Picture043up.th

Last edited by pushslice on Thu May 19, 2011 10:47 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

dont worry pushslice! we'll get that sorted when u r back. hope your short game was gd over there Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 pm

yes it was...I was on a roll for a while, wasnt shaking over the pitch anymore, but still need to practice alignment. I lost too many balls off the tee. Stroke and Distance! drunken
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm

slowly but surely mate. gd to hear ure having a gd time and ure short game is improving!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

Reopening an old thread 

Anyone played there recently?

How's the condition
Back to top Go down
HarrisReza
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:23 pm

I heard that the golf course are tough, even when you hit a drive dead center of the fairway you are not guaranteed the lie you wanted. It also has an excellent track, tight fairway, plenty of twists and turns.
I'm excited to try it too myself  Swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf in Koh Samui? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Koh Samui?   Golf in Koh Samui? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Koh Samui?
Page 1 of 1