Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Search Of The Perfect Driver

Go down 
+18
Duval_S
asahi
botak
Winston
chemicalpro
shorthitter
dunlookback
golf@48
ghoonk
alvin7379
TigaWood
golfcoma
golf_nut
mizzy
Titleist
mUAr_cHEe
ChrisD
DGman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:01 pm

shorthitter wrote:
MMMMMMMMMMMM Tassie beer, yes very nice..... Topic OFF Sorry........ but we are talking beer here..... lol!

perfect beers come from the czech republic Beer
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

I swear by asahi. :-)
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

ghoonk wrote:
No, we're talking about the FG59s, that I have my eyes on Razz

I have a set of Pro-100's best blade ever... u wan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Definitely keen on em. What's the asking price and the offset? I can't play anything with much of an offset Sad
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Definitely keen on em. What's the asking price and the offset? I can't play anything with much of an offset Sad

I want them to go to good home, I cannot use anymore as grooves not conforming. Heads only no shafts.
I know you appreciate good blades you treat them right and buy me a beer they yours..... Crying or Very sad

( Very sad daddy they so lovely)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Quote :
shorthitter wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
Definitely keen on em. What's the asking price and the offset? I can't play anything with much of an offset In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Icon_sad

I want them to go to good home, I cannot use anymore as grooves not conforming. Heads only no shafts.
I know you appreciate good blades you treat them right and buy me a beer they yours..... In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Icon_cry

Bro SH.....I too feel like crying.......with you
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

for me,

A perfect driver would be the toy which can make my golf ball fly straight and LONG....

Have I found it yet?

.... still searching....haha
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Even better still. Beer on me, I have a set of KBS shafts that'd make a superb combo for them!

Don't worry, they'll be staying in Singapore as my gamers Smile

6 sets of blades and counting - 2 sets of TM RAC MBs, 1 set of TM TP MB, Miura Giken MB-5003, Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl, KZG Forged Z0, King Cobra Pro MB, Mizuno MP32, and Mizuno MP14s. Believe me, your Pro-100s will be right at home with this crowd. Rest assured they will be well-loved Smile

btw, i met one of your students, and I think I'm going to need some sessions from you to get a benchmark of where my game is and where I can improve. Ballstriking defo doesn't stink, but I just can't seem to make the shots I need sometimes.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Even better still. Beer on me, I have a set of KBS shafts that'd make a superb combo for them!

6 sets of blades and counting - 2 sets of TM RAC MBs, 1 set of TM TP MB, Miura Giken MB-5003, Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl, KZG Forged Z0, King Cobra Pro MB, Mizuno MP32, and Mizuno MP14s. Believe me, your Pro-100s will be right at home with this crowd. Rest assured they will be well-loved Smile

btw, i met one of your students, and I think I'm going to need some sessions from you to get a benchmark of where my game is and where I can improve. Ballstriking defo doesn't stink, but I just can't seem to make the shots I need sometimes.

(Trying not to hijack thread Very Happy ) You playing Laguna 24th? I pass to you. Else let me know when you around or I drop at BFG...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 pm

HyBriD wrote:
for me,

A perfect driver would be the toy which can make my golf ball fly straight and LONG....

Have I found it yet?

.... still searching....haha

Ever tried the Bridgestone e6+ golf ball? Don't know if you believe me or not (maybe it's psychological), but I got a couple of e6+ balls from a friend and tried em on course without knowing if they were 2,3 or 4 piece, or whether they were for distance or spin.

Noticed that my driving and iron shots were straighter, less prone to my natural fade, and I was getting good yardages off the tee, and good control around the green. After a couple of weeks, I spotted e6+ in a retail shop and the box claimed that the e6+ was designed to reduce sidespin (no idea how that works), while maintaining good control around the green.

Maybe it is psychological, maybe not, but every time I see water or a narrow fairway, I pull out my e6+. And I've only lost 1 out of the last 5 rounds I played Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 pm

shorthitter wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

(Trying not to hijack thread Very Happy ) You playing Laguna 24th? I pass to you. Else let me know when you around or I drop at BFG...

I'm flying back to Dubai on 19th Feb due to work commitments, but we can meet up at BFG on Friday 12 Feb (I'm passing through duty-free, want a nice bottle of wine instead of beer? Smile) around 2 pm? I need to visit The God of Fitters at the Fishy Shrine before CNY Smile

Alternatively, if you're up for it, I'm trying to arrange a round on the Tuesday after CNY Smile
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

No wine for me... my body would spasm!!!!!!! Very Happy I am flexible can be anywhere anytime...

Game sounds good, Laguna or MB also can... (note my Singlish)...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pm

If you can get a slot at Laguna on Wednesday, I'd be keen on a playing lesson with you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:36 pm

No worries, I PM you closer... am or pm?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 pm

am would be better for me Smile

PM me your rates for a playing lesson. Definitely need a set of eyes on what's working and what's not.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:40 pm

thats a really nice gesture tour slut.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Tour slut not the unappreciative sort okay? Besides, I got very good reviews of shorthitter from one of his students, and I need a 2nd opinion on my course management and which areas of my game I need to work on.

Getting a proper handicap card from the UAE Golf Federation this year, and I intend to rid myself of the 'buaya' tag that I kena slapped with. Still a slut, but not a slutty buaya, ok? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
shorthitter wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
Definitely keen on em. What's the asking price and the offset? I can't play anything with much of an offset In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Icon_sad

I know you appreciate good blades you treat them right and buy me a beer they yours..... In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Icon_cry

Bro SH.....I too feel like crying.......with you

He he silly reallly, was going through storage and many sets I gave away, but this one could not.....

In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 Pro100ironmed

They are nothing special, you could get very cheaply online, but these babies have followed me around the world, my best result in Fiji when I played with Vijay's brother.

Was looking for a blade lover to pass them too......
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

DGman wrote:

Join us mate...........
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm

shorthitter wrote:
DGman wrote:

Join us mate...........

Is AM though ... thats in the morning bro............ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Hard not to fall in love with them. I've learned that softness of the heads is one thing, but the shafts do make a difference for me. Give me a really soft head but stick in something as harsh as S300 and I will cry. That's why the MB-5003s feel so easy to play - partly the softness of the steel used in the head, but also cos the KBS Tour shafts have soft tips compared to DG and PX shafts.

Not tried NS Pro yet, but since KBS is working well for me, I'm sticking with it Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

He should be able to make it. Not sure how long you guys take to play a round, but I usually finish 18 holes in 2 hours flat when playing alone. No mulligans, but then again, not much water here in Dubai!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm

ghoonk wrote:
He should be able to make it. Not sure how long you guys take to play a round, but I usually finish 18 holes in 2 hours flat when playing alone. No mulligans, but then again, not much water here in Dubai!

Mornings are a problem for E.... he says meet you there... then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 pm

If you like, I can ask two other friends along - one of them hits his 3w 280m Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

Mornings are a problem for E.... he says meet you there... then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Very Happy

sorry guys me back from black mountain on 20th....if not i will use 5 alarm clocks.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Search Of The Perfect Driver   In Search Of The Perfect Driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Search Of The Perfect Driver
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next