Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Cebu Island Philippines

Go down 
+3
Edgarkj
HyBriD
Seiko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Golf in Cebu Island Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi, anyone played golf in Cebu Island before? Any good golf resorts to recommend? What else I need to take note when playing in Cebu island? I'm gg there in early March for 4D3N.

Many thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Hey,

I don't live in Cebu but will be playing in Cebu next month.

Here are some of the golf courses in Cebu which you can play, they are as follows:

#1) Cebu Country Club.... built in 1928
Fone # 63-32 231 0345

#2) Club Filipino Inc. De Cebu...
fone # 63-32 231-1666
unaccompanied guest can play here for 2k weekday/ 2.5k week end

#3) Mactan Coral Golf Club

#4) Verdemer Golf Club
website is http://www.casadelmar.biz
http://www.casadelmar-golfresort.com

All four (4) golf courses are open for walk-in guest
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Dont forget to buy mango back. Cheap and good!
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Hybrid tks a lot!

Bro Edgarki, nice reminder!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I just came back from Cebu 2 months ago. Best course in Cebu is Alta Vista, but it's a private club so you ned member to sign you in. You can try and check with them to see if they have visitors rate.

The other courses are no where near Alta Vista in terms of design/challenge and course conditions.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:10 pm

freedrop wrote:
I just came back from Cebu 2 months ago. Best course in Cebu is Alta Vista, but it's a private club so you ned member to sign you in. You can try and check with them to see if they have visitors rate.

The other courses are no where near Alta Vista in terms of design/challenge and course conditions.

True Alta Vista is the best golf course in Cebu, but its private.
Unless you know a member..

Second to Alta Vista would be Cebu Country Club.

The golf courses I mentioned are opened for walk-in guest.

Cheapest airline to Cebu woiuld be Cebu Pacific Airways.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 pm

I will be playing next month at Alta Vista, and will post pictures here.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:24 pm

freedrop wrote:

Hello bro freedrop! it seems like you are going ard the world playing golf...haha.

I'm gg to Alta Vista and Cebu CC for golf.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:24 pm

HyBriD wrote:
I will be playing next month at Alta Vista, and will post pictures here.

Bro when u gg?
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

will be in Cebu on the 20th of this month.
And will be playing @ Alta Vista
then at Cebu Royal Mactan, a public golf course on sunday
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Seiko wrote:
freedrop wrote:

Hello bro freedrop! it seems like you are going ard the world playing golf...haha.

Yes I have played around the world and am still travelling for golf. Except for South America, I have played in all the continents. My record shows that I have played close to 400 courses around the world.

You shd bring more balls for Alta Vista, there are a few devil's holes with extremely tight fairways, and a couple of them are teed off from 20-30m high elevation. Watch what your local partner use to tee off because the elevation is so high that you can be misled by the distance. But the view is really fantastic.

Mactan will be a disappointment. It's a cheap public course but a very lousy one, and when I played it, a few of the greens were temporary so no fun. The fairways are flat, short, cow grass, with medium high trees lining them. Greens are small and slow.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks for the tip freedrop.
I hope I can play well because my Cebu golf buddy is a single hdcper.
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am

i played at Alta Vista and Cebu CC in Dec 2009

Alta Vista:

- Call them: they take walk in guest on weekdays.
- Caddies are very so-so
- Windy course
- Good fun with ravines and sheer drops to fairways from tee box. you better be able to drive the ball well
- Course is practically carved out of the mountain side/slope
- Good view of Cebu City

Cebu CC:

- Members only, so you better call them to book tee time. certain restrictions on weekends (no 2 ball, etc)
- Old style course, nothing very challenging
- Guest locker room is the total pits. 0.5 out of 10 marks.
- you will get very experienced caddies there if you are a non-member... because you will be paying a premium to play esp on weekends!
- All in all, if i ever go back to Cebu, i may play at Alta Vista but probably never at Cebu CC

I think golfing in Thailand is best in SE Asia.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey,

I just wanna share this to everyone.

If you want to try Golfing at Cebu City

you can try contacting Mr. Ricky Paul Tio
Cebu Holiday Tours & Travels
email add is:cebu_holiday@globelines.com.ph
ricky_cebuholiday@yahoo.com

Ricky is a Filipino-Chinese who can speak Hokkian very well, and can arranged your golfing requirements

My wife and I wasnt able to play @ Alta Vista becoz they had close course tournament.
And my good buddy is competing. Too Bad.

And so we tried playing at Mactan Island golf club (formerly known as Mactan Coral Golf Club )

the course is located inside Cebu Air Force military base camp.
the fairway, as freedrop said, is cow grass, very plain, but windy specially when the Big planes lands on the runway.

For me, it was a nice experience playing there. Not much of a challenge but its a long fairway. Surely, this is a test of skills on "short game" becoz the greens are small.
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bubu

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi, may i check with u what are the greenfees like playin in cebu? is accommodation/makan expensive there?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 pm

400 courses around the world?!?! Man.. you are one seasoned pro man.

May I know what you work for a living? Cos I wanan be your caddy!!!! Lucky devil you

freedrop wrote:
Seiko wrote:
freedrop wrote:

Yes I have played around the world and am still travelling for golf. Except for South America, I have played in all the continents. My record shows that I have played close to 400 courses around the world.

You shd bring more balls for Alta Vista, there are a few devil's holes with extremely tight fairways, and a couple of them are teed off from 20-30m high elevation. Watch what your local partner use to tee off because the elevation is so high that you can be misled by the distance. But the view is really fantastic.

Mactan will be a disappointment. It's a cheap public course but a very lousy one, and when I played it, a few of the greens were temporary so no fun. The fairways are flat, short, cow grass, with medium high trees lining them. Greens are small and slow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf in Cebu Island Philippines   Golf in Cebu Island Philippines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Cebu Island Philippines
Page 1 of 1