Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can use cameras at the Masters?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Can use cameras at the Masters? Empty
PostSubject: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:31 am

Found this video on youtube, a slo-mo swing of Luke Donald at 2009 Masters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlnk6e6R7bw&feature=related

I didnt know fans/spectators were able to take recordings at PGA tour tournaments. I thought cameras are huge NO NO. I supposed the Masters are so rich in traditions, and people would respect them, so the organizers were confident enough to let spectators take their camera out?

Has anyone been to a PGAtour event? What's their take on cameras?

anyways, the youtube user INCHMARLODC have nice videos of slo mo swings of tour players. Olazabal's really nice... Look up Freddie Couples, right elbow flying high a la Nicklaus..Old school cool. Both my favorite players, and both have battled back/spine problems.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 am

Cameras and Handphones are not allowed at PGA tour events during tournament days proper. They are allowed during practice rounds.

I have attended the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines.

Bags are checked and spectators are screened thru metal detectors just like airports. People carrying them are re-directed to lockers to drop them off.

From the looks of it, the video is very similar to a TV recording slowed down or a person from media. Otherwise, he wun be able to get a shot like that.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:38 am

think they should have done that at the HSBC world cup.

i heard alot of complaints about it...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:44 am

I guess the infrastructure of the course plays a part.

The USGA and Torrey Pines were exceptional in their set-up.

The parking and main pickup point was at Qualcomm stadium about 10miles away. The bag check and screening was done there at the parking lots too so that ppl can put those items in the car.

Spectators have to be ferried by buses to the course. For those who chose to walk to the course, the entrance had another screening so that non of the contraband items get past.

They were solid in handling of the 60 000 spectators. Alot of the tournaments in Asia can learn from them to handle a fraction of that number.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 am

oh i see, then more likely a practice round, more than the video itself, it is the the people holding their camera in front of Luke. One tourney organizer with the black jacket were right in front of them.

S70B, Torrey Pines in 2008 was just unbelievable. Watched the whole weekend + playoffs? Tiger's every single come back shot?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am

It was my 1st PGA event and Major and it was every bit as memorable as can be.

Jostling with everyone to watch the final green was a bit of a madness.

Heck, I followed a group of people who tore through the bleachers surrounding the 18th and climbed under it to have a view. Tiger's birdie putt and the roar that resonated after that was something I will never forget in my entire life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can use cameras at the Masters?   Can use cameras at the Masters? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can use cameras at the Masters?
Page 1 of 1