Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?

Go down 
+7
Kopi Towkay
GadgetGuy
LinLauPeh
Duval_S
Technospaz
Aloyboy
sjack73
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sjack73
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? Empty
PostSubject: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I am a Ping fan when it comes to putters. But what I don't understand is that Ping Putters are really expensive in Singapore. Easily 30% higher compared to buying from the US. Is it because of the limited number of retailers here? Any comments?
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Anything that comes to Singapore will be expensive. All the taxes and gst.. Easily exceed more than 30%
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 pm

I think Ping putters are generally expensive.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm

walau...this is like asking why Honda is cheaper in US as compared to SG........
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Well....mmmm...... tough question.... eerrmm.... because.... it's not cheap! tongue
Back to top Go down
GadgetGuy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GadgetGuy

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Check golf house sales and see if they have Ping on discount. I got mine few months back during one of their sales.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Aloyboy wrote:
Anything that comes to Singapore will be expensive. All the taxes and gst.. Easily exceed more than 30%

Have to agree. Wasn't that long ago that going to Singapore meant a great deal on almost anything..electronics, fashions, anything.......seemed to be tax and duty free...what Singapore was built upon.

But greed comes into play even in governments I suppose. Granted, you can get just about anything in Singapore. She has it all, but how long will it be before other major cities in the region offer the same?

What will set Singapore apart from the rest then?

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 pm

sjack73 wrote:
Hi all,

I am a Ping fan when it comes to putters. But what I don't understand is that Ping Putters are really expensive in Singapore. Easily 30% higher compared to buying from the US. Is it because of the limited number of retailers here? Any comments?

Here is one from Ebay which looks pretty decent. Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/PING-Anser-2-putter-33_W0QQitemZ300387797423QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_216?hash=item45f08209af

Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:

Have to agree. Wasn't that long ago that going to Singapore meant a great deal on almost anything..electronics, fashions, anything.......seemed to be tax and duty free...what Singapore was built upon.

But greed comes into play even in governments I suppose. Granted, you can get just about anything in Singapore. She has it all, but how long will it be before other major cities in the region offer the same?

What will set Singapore apart from the rest then?

Cheers, KT

Even buying from US and delivering things here is cheaper. Generally golf stuff is expensive here. But its more expensive in MY or Thailand. I think the suppliers are making a killing out of this...
Back to top Go down
sjack73
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Khorkar wrote:

Even buying from US and delivering things here is cheaper. Generally golf stuff is expensive here. But its more expensive in MY or Thailand. I think the suppliers are making a killing out of this...

In some cases, for example, Taylormade R9, you can get in on a US website for about $450 SGD. And recently, Golfhouse was selling the US version for also $450 SGD, and they can still give a free hybrid!! So imagine the margin!!
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

That is why when there is a Golf sale, most of us will rush down to take a look or two to see if there is anything to pick up. Not becoz we are cheapo but agreed that the normal retail price is really a bit to much to swallow... else golfing will be cheaper for the mass public (equipment wise)....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Actually if you don mind older version, can try Creative. I gotten myself a PING Anser-X....2 years ago, and neber been happier ...But like most things, the initial stage was tough, cunt putt....so go and see BFG, the boss said to me " you think you 6 footer ah..." so cut the putter to 33" for me and change grip.....after that, manage by career best score twice at SeletarCC......(but off white).......
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Actually if you don mind older version, can try Creative. I gotten myself a PING Anser-X....2 years ago, and neber been happier ...But like most things, the initial stage was tough, cunt putt....so go and see BFG, the boss said to me " you think you 6 footer ah..." so cut the putter to 33" for me and change grip.....after that, manage by career best score twice at SeletarCC......(but off white).......

Duval_S, what did you say abt initial stage of putting again? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:26 pm

I saw a video tape presentation 4years ago about Ping.
fr
Thats why I fell in Loved with Ping before.
I wanted to get a G5 irons before.

Going back to the topic...

I think Ping putters are expensive because they are well crafted and I think they are the only putter's who can immediately adjust your lie angle once you buy it from their authorized distributor ( talking based on Philippine experience )

2ndly, Ping club head's are made in USA.

3rdly, Ping putter is the only putter in the whole putter maker industry that gives a "Gold version" of the putter used by a tour major winner.

just like what they did to Angel Cabrerra
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?   Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Are Ping Putters So Expensive in Singapore?
Page 1 of 1